The Curse of Oak Island

sleepy

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watch the show

As I understand it due to the nature of ownership of where they are digging and the permits they have and agreements anyone who is treasure hunting makes. 

As soon as they find anything of significance it MUST be reported to the authorities. With that in mind IMO if they ever were to find "treasure" you would hear about it on CNN not by watching the show.

I watch the show

As I understand it due to the nature of ownership of where they are digging and the permits they have and agreements anyone who is treasure hunting makes.

As soon as they find anything of significance it MUST be reported to the authorities. With that in mind IMO if they ever were to find "treasure" you would hear about it on CNN not by watching the show.

Yes, unfortunately that’s the problem with all these prerecorded treasure type shows. If one of them somehow dug up the Ark of the Covenant somewhere we’d know about it long before the show ever aired.

It’s almost like wrestling, you have to basically suspend your reality for an hour and pretend it’s all real.

When are you guys going to figure out these reality shows are a scam?  It's not in the interests of either the town or the show to really find anything, just keep feeding you crumbs to keep you coming back. I stopped watching any of them a long time ago...storage wars fake, pawn stars fake, gold rush fake - the hoffmans are paid to do dumb things cause it's good TV, etc.

When are you guys going to figure out these reality shows are a scam? It's not in the interests of either the town or the show to really find anything, just keep feeding you crumbs to keep you coming back. I stopped watching any of them a long time ago...storage wars fake, pawn stars fake, gold rush fake - the hoffmans are paid to do dumb things cause it's good TV, etc.

Seriously? Holy smokes!!

• 2 weeks later...

:laugh

guess i can skip this episode

The tie in with the toy gun is it supposedly is from the Restall family that had people die on the island looking for treasure. They brought back the guy who was a little kid at the time his brother and father died and he said it was probably his gun as a child.

The whole episode was built around that.