New Trump memos outline his plans to deport millions of immigrants

plommer

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the illegal immigration policies liberal? I'd love to hear this one.

Obama was tougher on illegals than Bush by a landslide. You're just spewing complete nonsense now. Living in your own little world. Illegal immigration issues have been bipartisan, and threatening and attempting to deport everyone of them is just hazardous.

This is more hate rhetoric from Trump. How does this make the country safer? For starters an illegal will never ever talk to police or report a crime now; that's sure great

How does deporting criminals keep us safer? Is this a serious question?

LOL Trump going to to the promised massive millions of immigration deportations !!   LOL  even the red neck trailer park rural folks are shaking their heads "no he wont" on this one.

maybe some drudge report readers will think this is true?   who knows.

Funny thing is, they'll be deporting the same amount Obama was deporting, and Trump will come in acting tough.  "Look what I'm doing!"  All the Trumptards will then talk about how great he is... meanwhile, Obama was doing the same thing.  Obama deported more than any president in the past, and got zero credit from Trumptards because they could never give the guy credit for anything.  Pathetic.

Is this a serious example? Gang members typically don't speak with police, no FW. But the family bond in latino communities is very strong, and the murders in impoverished latino's communities are not only dramatically lesser than their counterparts but the communities are not silent on what they saw. They speak to authority and show a trust in the department.

Now an illegal will never ever speak with a police officer again.

A - they are illegal

B - if they weren't here, the blacks wouldn't be shooting them over drug turf

How does deporting criminals keep us safer? Is this a serious question?

Every single person here illegally is a "criminal" by the definition of the law.

What does sending someone who has been here for 20 years with a family, worked hard and has kids, home for rolling a stop sign do exactly for the country positively? I'd love to know. There's being tough on immigration and protecting the people - deporting real criminals, and protecting borders - and then there's just being a moron deporting everyone.

Every single person here illegally is a "criminal" by the definition of the law.

What does sending someone who has been here for 20 years with a family, worked hard and has kids, home for rolling a stop sign do exactly for the country positively? I'd love to know. There's being tough on immigration and protecting the people - deporting real criminals, and protecting borders - and then there's just being a moron deporting everyone.

Someone is here 20 years, why didn't they become a citizen?

A stunning new poll conducted by Harvard-Harris, exclusively for The Hill, found that the overwhelming majority of Americans, 80% in fact, believe that illegal immigrants arrested for crimes should be turned over to federal immigration authorities rather than being harbored in so-called sanctuary cities. Imagine that, Americans believe that local, state and federal law enforcement officials should actually enforce the law...shocking.

Meanwhile, 52% of those surveyed said they support Trump's executive order to build a border wall and revoke funding for sanctuary cities while 53% said they support his "immigration ban" that was recently overturned by the 9th Circuit court.

A realist? Where did I say gang members and violent criminals shouldn't be deported?

If you think every illegal in this country - including their kids and families - should be deported you're just ignorant.

You're also in for a really rude awakening if that were to ever happen.

Obviously that will never happen because there are too many libs who think it's great. You can't really take families away when they come over here illegally and have kids here either. I'm not that heartless. But people who come here with no intention of being a citizen or possess a green card, fuck em.

Bunch of lazy dumb Mexican's and Latino's, that's why.

Your words I think most everyone thinks the majority of Mexicans are hard working good people, but if you're here illegally and have committed crimes you should be deported. Simple issue that is black and white. They are targeting real criminals but there will be some that have minor offenses(or just being here illegally) that get caught up it is collateral damage it happens.

rolling a stop sign is not a crime, it is a traffic violation

Your words I think most everyone thinks the majority of Mexicans are hard working good people, but if you're here illegally and have committed crimes you should be deported. Simple issue that is black and white. They are targeting real criminals but there will be some that have minor offenses(or just being here illegally) that get caught up it is collateral damage it happens.

The new bill specifically states all crimes - including minor violations. Obama targeted real criminals, and there was nothing wrong with his policies. To make the modification made with this executive order - to insure the targeting of every illegal - is just bad policy. No ways around it or ways to rationalize it. Obama took a lot of heat from the left for his immigration policies - which as noted were much tougher than Bush's - but they were good policies and they were working.

An illegal can not obtain a drivers license legally, therefore rolling a stop sign is a crime because it is taking place by an illegal. That is why this is a terrible EO.

decent point

but if they are driving around without a license i am not sure that's a good idea either, what happens when they get in an accident?  no license, no insurance, no means to pay any damages

decent point

but if they are driving around without a license i am not sure that's a good idea either, what happens when they get in an accident?  no license, no insurance, no means to pay any damages

So legalizing for many of these long standing illegals is the answer; not mass deportation.

Economically it's damaging, and frankly... as a human being it's damaging. It's just nonsense. Trump had stated he was seeking out immigrants who loved this country and wanted to be here. There is no better example of that than many who fled and ran from the poverty and struggle that was Mexico and many Central American countries to chase a better life here for them and their children. They are an integral part of our economy - whether some want to accept that or not - and as someone like Jasson posted they are viewed in general as hard working people.

Just tired of this moron. Cop calls immigration policy liberal; just complete nonsense and brainwashed rhetoric that couldn't be further from the truth. This is just unabated hatred for those different from us.