New Trump memos outline his plans to deport millions of immigrants

plommer

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An illegal can not obtain a drivers license legally, therefore rolling a stop sign is a crime because it is being committed by an illegal. That is why this is a terrible EO.

Has this changed?

Back in the 90's I was issued a Florida drivers license even though I had no status and was only a visitor. I registered cars in Florida and drove them back to Canada where they remained Florida registered. The DMV in Florida knew I was not a US citizen.

I also obtained a US SSD for banking purposes - no problems. The card specifically stated not valid for employment but the license was a regular DL.

Has this changed?

Back in the 90's I was issued a Florida drivers license even though I had no status and was only a visitor. I registered cars in Florida and drove them back to Canada where they remained Florida registered. The DMV in Florida knew I was not a US citizen.

I also obtained a US SSD for banking purposes - no problems. The card specifically stated not valid for employment but the license was a regular DL.

An illegal can not obtain a drivers license or SS number in most states.

As for insurance - as Mike asked - in order to buy a vehicle you need to provide identification. Many illegals will use other sources. I believe that many obtain insurance through said sources as well. Not sure if insurance would cover those claims - guess it would depend on the policy.

edit: in regards to SS card. I don't believe any non-citizen can obtain a SS. I could be wrong on that though so don't quote me. Given that SS cards grant permission to work I don't think you had a real SS card.

So legalizing for many of these long standing illegals is the answer; not mass deportation.

Economically it's damaging, and frankly... as a human being it's damaging. It's just nonsense. Trump had stated he was seeking out immigrants who loved this country and wanted to be here. There is no better example of that than many who fled and ran from the poverty and struggle that was Mexico and many Central American countries to chase a better life here for them and their children. They are an integral part of our economy - whether some want to accept that or not - and as someone like Jasson posted they are viewed in general as hard working people.

Just tired of this moron. Cop calls immigration policy liberal; just complete nonsense and brainwashed rhetoric that couldn't be further from the truth. This is just unabated hatred for those different from us.

if you replaced every unemployed black citizen in milwaukee with an illegal immigrant, we would immediately go from one of the worst cities in the country to at least middle of the pack

that sounds racist but my point is just because you're a citizen doesn't make you a valuable member of the community, and just because you're an illegal immigrant doesn't make you a piece of trash.

then again, if you're here illegally, and committing crimes, there should be some common sense to that, rather than having guys that have been deported 8 times keep coming back to rob, rape, and kill more people 

An illegal can not obtain a drivers license or SS number in most states.

As for insurance - as Mike asked - in order to buy a vehicle you need to provide identification. Many illegals will use other sources. I believe that many obtain insurance through said sources as well. Not sure if insurance would cover those claims - guess it would depend on the policy.

edit: in regards to SS card. I don't believe any non-citizen can obtain a SS. I could be wrong on that though so don't quote me.

Oh I already obtained a US SS number, over 20 years ago, thats why I wonder if things have changed.

Back then Canadians could get an SSD for banking purposes, the card clearly stated not valid for work.

As for the license - I surrendered my Canadian license and they issued me a Florida one, they cut it up my Canadian license in front of me and when I got back to Toronto got it re-issued.

I used my parents Bradenton address to register vehicles and have my US mail sent.

Funny thing, one time I bought a car and brought it back to Canada and sold it and a year later on my next visit to Bradenton found out there was a warrant for my arrest for letting my insurance lapse. Florida and Ontario did not share info and they had no idea I sold the car. Got the warrant rescinded.

if you replaced every unemployed black citizen in milwaukee with an illegal immigrant, we would immediately go from one of the worst cities in the country to at least middle of the pack

that sounds racist but my point is just because you're a citizen doesn't make you a valuable member of the community, and just because you're an illegal immigrant doesn't make you a piece of trash.

then again, if you're here illegally, and committing crimes, there should be some common sense to that, rather than having guys that have been deported 8 times keep coming back to rob, rape, and kill more people 

Mike I agree 100% with your last statement. True criminals need to go.

I just don't find any violation to fit that bill.

Mike I agree 100% with your last statement. True criminals need to go.

I just don't find any violation to fit that bill.

maybe convicted of a violent crime?  has to be some common ground with this stuff... but usually what we get from our leadership and media is political bickering and each side saying the other side is wrong rather than coming up with good answers

maybe convicted of a violent crime?  has to be some common ground with this stuff... but usually what we get from our leadership and media is political bickering and each side saying the other side is wrong rather than coming up with good answers

That's already policy though. We don't even waste the court dollars in most cases; we just deport. That's fine with me.

Obama already made that policy, so why extend it to include those who I have listed? Minor violations? Come on.

How about a felony? Some sort of parole violation could be a reason also.

FW, this is not the executive order. The EO stated any violations. That's absurd.

I'm good with any real criminals being deported. We have enough idiots here who commit crimes that we're footing the bill for; why add to that?

Some states still have absurd felony charges - things that shouldn't even be illegal - so not sure I'm willing to go that far but it would be better than Trump's EO that's for sure.

I think it comes down to risk/reward and sympathy

If any country takes on 10,000 Muslims they can count on 2% being rapist or 200...but in return they all live instead of 5,000 of them dying in the Syrian civil war....

So posters like Timely who is clearly very smart but also as equally lazy would say he doesn't mind 209 fellow Americans being raped over the 5k being saved from death

Me in the other hand would choose all 10l Syrians be killed before I would have 1 single American raped

Not that hard to understand, we all have differ points of view.....I'm a Alpha male in an Alpha male line of work and snowflakes like Timely work with immigrants who wash dishes for him but if we're able to speak English would be a threat to take his job

I think it comes down to risk/reward and sympathy

If any country takes on 10,000 Muslims they can count on 2% being rapist or 200...but in return they all live instead of 5,000 of them dying in the Syrian civil war....

So posters like Timely who is clearly very smart but also as equally lazy would say he doesn't mind 209 fellow Americans being raped over the 5k being saved from death

Me in the other hand would choose all 10l Syrians be killed before I would have 1 single American raped

Not that hard to understand, we all have differ points of view.....I'm a Alpha male in an Alpha male line of work and snowflakes like Timely work with immigrants who wash dishes for him but if we're able to speak English would be a threat to take his job

This has nothing to do with Syrians pal. No Syrian is crossing the Mexican border and no Syrian as taking a flight here and getting access.

Teddy, I blame my laziness on early earnings. Don't be mad at me guy. If I'm actually lazy given that I work 50-55 hours  a week.

edit: admit that last line is hilarious. I'd love for someone to take my job. What a relief that would be.

We sent a clear message to the world on November 8th.

What message is that?

You think citizens from other 1st world nations would leave home for the USA?

Planeloads of Swedes and Swiss going to fly over the wall and immigrate illegally?

US immigration is fueled by desperate people from shithole countries. 

What message is that?

Planeloads of Swedes and Swiss going to fly over the wall and immigrate illegally?

US immigration is fueled by desperate people. 

Cop has no clue what he's saying half the time, pal.  He's like the senile grandpa that a lot of families have...

Cop has no clue what he's saying half the time, pal.  He's like the senile grandpa that a lot of families have...

USA is no better and often worse than other 1st world nations.

I'm not saying this disrespectfully but sometimes wonder if Americans realize there are lots of great countries and places to live other than the United States.

The USA is just one of many good countries to live in. Unfortunately the US is geographically close to plenty of poor countries to the south of it and desperate people do desperate things.

THe wall needs to be 100 ft high, minimum.

What message is that?

US immigration is fueled by desperate people from shithole countries.

Exactly liberal immigration policy has allowed us to be the doormat for others trash, they can go elsewhere now or stay in their shithole country.

Exactly liberal immigration policy has allowed us to be the doormat for others trash, they can go elsewhere now or stay in their shithole country.

I have empathy for the situation in America. I understand the arguments/motivation of both sides and can agree with both as well.

It ain't easy solving the problem.

LOL Trump going to to the promised massive millions of immigration deportations !! LOL even the red neck trailer park rural folks are shaking their heads "no he wont" on this one.

Go ahead and laugh

:-)

ICE ramped up enforcement last week with 680 arrests and so far zero deportations since each one must be legally arraigned prior to issuance of the specific deport order.

680 per week is hardcore....That is like 35,000 per year which means the (per Trump's campaign claims) 20million illegals should be all swept out of here in just under 600 Years.