Do people play bridge anymore?

IAG

Live in a strange complex. It's one of the bigger ones in the area around w 900 plus units. Lots of older people (id say 65% of the places are owned by 55+ year olds and Russians for some reason. Really not exactly sure why that is.

They have tons of events that cater to the older folks, too. Like bingo once a week, pot luck parties for basically every holiday and big event

In fact in one of the recent HOA meetings, someone actually said there needs to be more events focused on the family and younger people. One of the old bags on the board proposes a 50 and younger dinner. Like that's young. JfC

The old idiots on the board also allowed some brock type scammer to commit massive fraud and steal a bunch of money from the HOA coffers.

Haahah. Did you know what I meant when I said Green Grove? Retirement home in the Sopranos where Tony's mom lived. And Paulie Walnuts' mom/ aunt too lol

Along that line, I've visited my share of nursing homes....they are always singing...always hymns or patriotic songs, or generational songs. I always wonder what they will be singing by the time I get to the warehouse. Is there going to be a group of 80-90 year olds sitting around singing hip-hop or Baby Hit me one more time?" These are the things that keep me up at night.

is that some kind of 50 shades of grey thing

is that some kind of 50 shades of grey thing

It's been 17 years since Britney Spears broke onto the pop scene with her smash "Baby One More Time" and finally we get to know what the song's hook "Hit me baby, one more time" actually means.

Turns out, it's not any form of physical abuse or kinky S&M or even a metaphor relating to those -- it's all one big misunderstanding.

Britney Spears' '…Baby One More Time' Anniversary: 15 Little-Known Facts

As Huffington Post points out, in John Seabrook's new book of pop music history, The Song Machine, he explains that the track's Swedish writers Max Martin and Rami Yacoub believed that "hit" was American slang for "call." And so the song about the heartache of a recent breakup turned to a hit with the public perhaps a bit confused but none the wiser.

The song had originally been called "Hit Me Baby (One More Time)" but Spears' label Jive Records felt a bit uncomfortable about the suggestion of abuse and removed "Hit Me" from the title.