Welcome to The Gambling Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Vegas gambling news and rumors

* - - - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

MonkeyF0cker

MonkeyF0cker

Rockstar

• Members
  • 4606 posts

People who claim they can't bet at William Hill just have no imagination at all.

Zero. Either that or they have decided that leaving the house is too much of a hassle.

The same pretty much goes for Station and Caesars. Ever been to Rancho Wild Wild West

or Fiesta Henderson or El Cortez? There are just too many outlets for them to monitor.

Consolidation sucks but it also makes it nearly impossible to keep anyone specific out.

William Hill is on a whole different level. If you can't bet at William Hill you aren't trying.

Many beg out by posturing big-time and stating that they won't take their bet size.

Again - no imagination and/or lazy. The guys that complain just want to bet on the app.

I used to bet under the key limit at Stations, run to several different books to get down, and use runners to help me, but that's back when they had numbers that were a lot less market-aligned than they are today.

Now, it's just a pain in the ass with far less upside.  The apps brought the numbers much closer to market.

The same goes with Will Hill.  Why waste time and resources when there isn't that big of an advantage against the rest of the market?

If it were still 2012, I'd agree with you a lot more.  But today, it's not worth it.  It's a far bigger advantage to get access to non-US facing offshore books than to go through the bother of sneaking under the radar at Will Hill.

Guest_boatboatboat_*

Guest_boatboatboat_*
  • Guests
Does any pro gambler outside of rito pick a side and play it?

MonkeyF0cker

MonkeyF0cker

Rockstar

• Members
  • 4606 posts

Of course, but you still want to get the best numbers you can.

Guest_boatboatboat_*

Guest_boatboatboat_*
  • Guests
Monkey.

Who do you think could have 1 out. No idea what other shops have lines at and beat -110

?

MonkeyF0cker

MonkeyF0cker

Rockstar

• Members
  • 4606 posts

Monkey.

Who do you think could have 1 out. No idea what other shops have lines at and beat -110

?

Anyone with a profitable model in a particular sport could limit themselves to one out.  But they'd be missing a decent number of bets along the way.  And they would miss out on size eventually after their bankroll eclipses limits.

BAUS

BAUS

BAUS

• JFC
  • 1078 posts

????

So basicly William Hill says "we don't want to take your action"

And you guys say FUCK IT, WE ARE PLAYING THERE ANYHOW.

geez...........

Dog eat dog world. Get used to it.

BAUS

Guest_boatboatboat_*

Guest_boatboatboat_*
  • Guests
I would love to see how these "models" work

MonkeyF0cker

MonkeyF0cker

Rockstar

• Members
  • 4606 posts

Essentially, you're just generating fair value spreads, totals, and/or moneylines.  Anything that a book is offering that has value against that number is a bet.

Cdmx

Cdmx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 643 posts

Monkey.

?

if want to bet even 5k on a ncaab total, im going to have to bet the max at every book I can find and still probably won't get there.   Line shopping doesn't come into play unless you are looking to bet less than the limits at one book.

Cdmx

Cdmx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 643 posts

I would love to see how these "models" work

What does this mean

Guest_boatboatboat_*

Guest_boatboatboat_*
  • Guests
It means I have clue how a person sets up the software to have it work, nor how to obtain and what info input to have it be accurate

BAUS

BAUS

BAUS

• JFC
  • 1078 posts

It means I have clue how a person sets up the software to have it work, nor how to obtain and what info input to have it be accurate

Justin 7s book discusses this (even though some of his info is incorrect).

BAUS

FISHHEAD

FISHHEAD

• JFC
  • 47523 posts
Any pro that's been in the business any relative length of time does more than line shop and pick off numbers and have been and will be successful moving forward just from that standpoint.......but many and most also line shop and bet +EV numbers, as there are many oppurtunites to do such offshore and throughout Nevada, as well as with locals.
PROFESSIONAL ADVANTAGE GAMBLER

Cdmx

Cdmx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 643 posts

Game_Total = Avg_Pts_Home_Team + Avg_Pts_Away_Team

Here's a model.   It's worthless but whatever it's a start.

Reno Marty

Reno Marty

Rockstar

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Everyone should be line shopping, even Brock Landers and other mega degenerates. 

"A few short years back in my end of things you couldn't find one fukkin arm that would take Mathy on a sheet. His name was shit even amongst the backalley juicemen." - billysink

Reno Marty

Reno Marty

Rockstar

• Members
  • 1345 posts

BBB, no one models anything. We all just stare at a screen all day chasing steam (and steam comes from the position of the moon in the sky). 

"A few short years back in my end of things you couldn't find one fukkin arm that would take Mathy on a sheet. His name was shit even amongst the backalley juicemen." - billysink

The Dark Man

The Dark Man

no line left uncrossed

• Members
  • 15000 posts

sure

Your face at first just ghostly, turned a whiter shade of pale

The Dark Man

The Dark Man

no line left uncrossed

• Members
  • 15000 posts

Game_Total = Avg_Pts_Home_Team + Avg_Pts_Away_Team

Here's a model.   It's worthless but whatever it's a start.

nice model

Guest_boatboatboat_*

Guest_boatboatboat_*
  • Guests

BBB, no one models anything. We all just stare at a screen all day chasing steam (and steam comes from the position of the moon in the sky).

What are some closing numbers for NBA on Thursdays games

The Dark Man

The Dark Man

no line left uncrossed

• Members
  • 15000 posts

What are some closing numbers for NBA on Thursdays games

I gave a move yesterday. Did you cash?

Guest_boatboatboat_*

Guest_boatboatboat_*
  • Guests
No.

I missed it

The Dark Man

The Dark Man

no line left uncrossed

• Members
  • 15000 posts

[711] Minnesota +6 is a good number @ Jerry's and Mirage. Should be wiped

Guest_boatboatboat_*

Guest_boatboatboat_*
  • Guests
Yes a good number.

Screen watch

They are out there

Cdmx

Cdmx

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 643 posts

Yes a good number.

Screen watch

They are out there

Who is moving pinnacle to create those numbers.

The Dark Man

The Dark Man

no line left uncrossed

• Members
  • 15000 posts

Yes a good number.

Screen watch

They are out there

No. My work tells me that Karl Anthony Towns will be guarded by a second string power forward tonight.. Then we look at the board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users