Vegas gambling news and rumors

GreenDoberman

People who claim they can't bet at William Hill just have no imagination at all.

Zero. Either that or they have decided that leaving the house is too much of a hassle.

The same pretty much goes for Station and Caesars. Ever been to Rancho Wild Wild West

or Fiesta Henderson or El Cortez? There are just too many outlets for them to monitor.

Consolidation sucks but it also makes it nearly impossible to keep anyone specific out.

William Hill is on a whole different level. If you can't bet at William Hill you aren't trying.

Many beg out by posturing big-time and stating that they won't take their bet size.

Again - no imagination and/or lazy. The guys that complain just want to bet on the app.

I used to bet under the key limit at Stations, run to several different books to get down, and use runners to help me, but that's back when they had numbers that were a lot less market-aligned than they are today.

Now, it's just a pain in the ass with far less upside.  The apps brought the numbers much closer to market.

The same goes with Will Hill.  Why waste time and resources when there isn't that big of an advantage against the rest of the market?

If it were still 2012, I'd agree with you a lot more.  But today, it's not worth it.  It's a far bigger advantage to get access to non-US facing offshore books than to go through the bother of sneaking under the radar at Will Hill.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monkey.

Who do you think could have 1 out. No idea what other shops have lines at and beat -110

?

Anyone with a profitable model in a particular sport could limit themselves to one out.  But they'd be missing a decent number of bets along the way.  And they would miss out on size eventually after their bankroll eclipses limits.

Monkey.

Who do you think could have 1 out. No idea what other shops have lines at and beat -110

?

if want to bet even 5k on a ncaab total, im going to have to bet the max at every book I can find and still probably won't get there.   Line shopping doesn't come into play unless you are looking to bet less than the limits at one book.

Any pro that's been in the business any relative length of time does more than line shop and pick off numbers and have been and will be successful moving forward just from that standpoint.......but many and most also line shop and bet +EV numbers, as there are many oppurtunites to do such offshore and throughout Nevada, as well as with locals.

It means I have clue how a person sets up the software to have it work, nor how to obtain and what info input to have it be accurate

Game_Total = Avg_Pts_Home_Team + Avg_Pts_Away_Team

Here's a model.   It's worthless but whatever it's a start.

Guest boatboatboat

BBB, no one models anything. We all just stare at a screen all day chasing steam (and steam comes from the position of the moon in the sky).

What are some closing numbers for NBA on Thursdays games