Jim Harbaugh will be named new Michigan head coach

KingRevolver

Jim Harbaugh is the greatest coach of all-time according to Tripp.

Pete Carroll was always my fav football coach, although not a huge fan of the team he has now. Pete just impossible to not like with his fun loving attitude and great ability to inspire and lead

I'd put Harbaugh as maybe the best coach in football after Carroll, Belicheck and Saban though (with those three in no particular order). Great coach.

Second highest paid college coach and what has he done? NOTHING. Another boneheaded hired back by rich boosters.

Nothing?

He won consecutive 1-AA national titles at San Diego, the Orange Bowl at Stanford, and 70% of his games, including an NFC championship, with the 49ers.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest boatboatboat

Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh has hired his son, Jay, to be the Wolverines' tight ends coach and assistant special teams coordinator.

[+] Enlarge AP Photo/Tony DingJim Harbaugh, center, stands with son Jay, right, during the national anthem before Michigan's home basketball game versus Northwestern on Saturday.

Jay Harbaugh, 25, spent the past three seasons working for the Baltimore Ravens, serving as an offensive quality control coach during the 2014 season. Harbaugh's uncle, John, is the Ravens' head coach.

"Jay gathered a wealth of experience the last three seasons coaching in the NFL and I am excited to have him join our coaching staff," Jim Harbaugh said in a prepared statement. "His passion for teaching the game is at the highest level and he will be an asset to our team."

Jay Harbaugh likely will be the youngest full-time assistant coach in the Big Ten in 2015. Jim Harbaugh becomes the second Big Ten coach to hire his son to his staff, as Iowa's Kirk Ferentz hired his son, Brian, as an assistant in 2012.

"It is an amazing opportunity and privilege to coach football at one of the premier universities in the world," Jay Harbaugh said in a prepared statement. "I'm ecstatic about being in Ann Arbor, and to be a part of building something special with the great people in our program."

Jay Harbaugh served as an undergraduate assistant at Oregon State during his time as a student at the school.