IAG

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May be first time I have actually watched C-Span

Watching C-Span right now.

Lots of fireworks during comments at the rules hearing.

Gonna be a close vote.

Trump is making phone calls and twisting arms.

He is trying to shame them into voting yes on Twitter.

Even if it passes, it is DOA in the Senate.

I hope it loses, but at this point it seems like a coinflip.

Watching C-Span right now.

Lots of fireworks during comments at the rules hearing.

Gonna be a close vote.

Trump is making phone calls and twisting arms.

He is trying to shame them into voting yes on Twitter.

Even if it passes, it is DOA in the Senate.

I hope it loses, but at this point it seems like a coinflip.

That was my take from what I'm seeing also. What a mess.

It is not just the poor people that would be affected - incomes up to 80k will need to find a way to pay 20k in insurance. If the big complaint is high premiums the government is going to need to subsidize claims similar to crop and flood insurance. Everything has consequences - the part about America First-how does turning our back on lower income America help make America great again?

So many lies being thrown out there, the main one is that 14 million people will "lose" coverage if it passes, not mentioning that that is an estimate of how many will voluntarily drop insurance because of no more tax penalty,etc.

But that doesn't solve much other than removing the penalty.  Isn't the whole point of rescinding Obamacare supposedly to make health care affordable?

Are you saying a penalty is worse than having health care?

So many lies being thrown out there, the main one is that 14 million people will "lose" coverage if it passes, not mentioning that that is an estimate of how many will voluntarily drop insurance because of no more tax penalty,etc.

I can't wait till it costs you more than you make a year to insure yourself.  That will be funny.

WHo are the people that voluntarily go without health insurance in the USA?  Never once met one.   It's fking suicide.

This is not the solution to Obamacare. I don't know what is, but this mess is not it.

The problem is that Obamacare is the conservative health care solution.  It originated on the right.   If it wasn't done by Obama they'd keep it.  So they can't come up with anything better because on that end there isn't.   Obviously single payer is better, but that's definitely not happening.

Republicans are just too stubborn to revise Obamacare and add some beneficial revisions to it.

Just reduce or eliminate the penalty, allow interstate health coverage/competition on the exchanges, etc.

But that would give Obama too much credit.  Better to scrap the whole thing with something worse and have to completely reset health care every time another party is elected into office.

Republicans are just too stubborn to revise Obamacare and add some beneficial revisions to it.

Just reduce or eliminate the penalty, allow interstate health coverage/competition on the exchanges, etc.

But that would give Obama too much credit.  Better to scrap the whole thing with something worse and have to completely reset health care every time another party is elected into office.

They can't do those things because they don't work. Many states have already allowed other states to sell in their markets and not one single insurance company in the US has done so because they have to negotiate separate deals in those states. So if you have a South Carolina plan, all the doctors in that plan are in South Carolina. Unless you want to drive to South Carolina, it is of no good to you. It is too burdensome insurance companies to sell a South Carolina plan in Oregon.

The only thing they could do is make all insurance a South Carolina plan as happen with credit cards where all of them use Delaware.

You also can't just get rid of the penalty because as they are constructing it now, you just don't buy the insurance and then jump in when you have a problem and pay a little bit of a higher rate which will be a bargain compared to the 100,000 in medical costs you would have to pay.

The Rs were unknowingly destroying their own plan all this time and now they are just finding that out.

I can't wait till it costs you more than you make a year to insure yourself. That will be funny.

WHo are the people that voluntarily go without health insurance in the USA? Never once met one. It's fking suicide.

20 million price opted to take the penalty or filed for exemption. Younger people should not be forced to buy something they don't need just to subsidize the elderly and poor. That is the reason obamacare can't work. Unless you drastically increase the penalty.

20 million price opted to take the penalty or filed for exemption. Younger people should not be forced to buy something they don't need just to subsidize the elderly and poor. That is the reason obamacare can't work. Unless you drastically increase the penalty.

Then younger people that get Cancer should be told they either pay full price (250k) for treatment, or they get to die.

Obamacare will never go away and the Dems knew it. Once you give these people an entitlement.... You can never take it away or they will revolt. It's been the Dems M.O for 100 years.

Why won't the Rs get rid of it? You aren't even against this plan and Trump is going to give people tax money to buy insurance. That was your whole beef with ObamaCare. I told you that you would love ObamaCare once Trump was in office.

Why won't the Rs get rid of it? You aren't even against this plan and Trump is going to give people tax money to buy insurance. That was your whole beef with ObamaCare. I told you that you would love ObamaCare once Trump was in office.

They can't. You see all the poor people showing up to these town halls?

They can't do those things because they don't work. Many states have already allowed other states to sell in their markets and not one single insurance company in the US has done so because they have to negotiate separate deals in those states. So if you have a South Carolina plan, all the doctors in that plan are in South Carolina. Unless you want to drive to South Carolina, it is of no good to you. It is too burdensome insurance companies to sell a South Carolina plan in Oregon.

The only thing they could do is make all insurance a South Carolina plan as happen with credit cards where all of them use Delaware.

You also can't just get rid of the penalty because as they are constructing it now, you just don't buy the insurance and then jump in when you have a problem and pay a little bit of a higher rate which will be a bargain compared to the 100,000 in medical costs you would have to pay.

The Rs were unknowingly destroying their own plan all this time and now they are just finding that out.

Well, that's what I'm saying.  Revise the way that whole process works.  Put an end to the HMO nonsense.

They could definitely revise the penalty so that someone who buys insurance midyear has a higher premium instead of an unenforceable tax burden.

More than one way to skin a cat.

This new version of this bill is absurd

• Repealing the “essential health benefits” regulation as a concession to the conservative Freedom Caucus. (For more on this policy, read Julia Belluz’s explainer.)
  • Putting $15 billion more into a “flexibility fund” for states — a concession to the more moderate Coverage Caucus.
  • Keeping the 0.9 percent tax on Medicare for high-income earners for six more years to raise more revenue.

So I get less coverage available and have to keep paying this bs tax for 6 years.