UFC/MMA Picks? [In-Fight Thread]

sugardaddy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with Cormier line going down. I like Cormier in this fight but want a bit higher line. Also like Brad Tavares a bit as a small dog.

I like Cormier and want a better line too, but not sure that is going to happen. I'm leaning Tavares as well. Also looking at Jury over Cerrone. Jury is much more technical and I like Cerrone but he admits to never watching tape or really studying his opponents and has been known to not follow a gameplan. He just goes in there and scraps...it usually works out well for him but he has not fared well against top of the food chain opponents and he could get exposed by Jury.

You're misunderstanding what I'm saying. The line was supposed to go up (maybe this was delusion on my part). It's not going up. It's going down. It will go up eventually but it might drop down so far now that even when it does go back up it never gets even back to the opener again. I wanted +180 but it's looking less and less likely. The late, "smart" money will come in on Jones. It always does. After the weigh-in, the casual better will hopefully also bet on Jones because he's going to dwarf Cormier and he's going to come in looking much more physically impressive than Cormier who will look pudgy. It might not be enough to get the line back to where it has value. I'm rooting for Cormier and think Cormier has a great chance to win but I wouldn't bet Cormier at only +135ish against the most dominant champion in the UFC.

Still super excited. This is the biggest UFC fight ever. Think the rest of the card kind of blows though.

i havent followed UFC in a while but I dont think i can ever remember one of the dominant champions (Anderson silva, GSP, Jon Jones) ever been this small of a fav. Usually are at least -300+

Is Cormier a monster? Is he supposed to be the next big star in mma?

last couple of times Silva was a short favorite like this, he lost both times to Weidman...

I think the line should tell you all you need to know about Cormier....both him and Jones have never legitimately lost a fight (Cormier is undefeated and Jones only loss was a DQ from illegal elbows).