• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Roy Choi is opening a restaurant.  I know it's TV, but he always seemed like a douchebag to me.

Also ate at Peng Zu at Suncoast tonight.

Two things: 1) the food at Suncoast is utterly average and bland due to their 80+ target market.  2) I much prefer Thai or Vietnamese over Chinese.

I got the garlic shrimp with black bean sauce for 19 dollars.  It was somewhere between China a Go Go and Panda Express. Utterly average with no flavor.

No complaints on service.

I'm nitpicking but the knife cuts on the vegetables were amateurish at best.  Chiffonaded green beans that were inconsistent and the green pepper was cut like a third grader did it.  Came off as no pride in their work with no flavor.  

Just average assembly line Cisco fare.  I knew I was in trouble when 90% of the restaurant patrons were white.

Probably 50 better places in Chinatown and Big Wong's likely has the same dish with better quality under 10 bucks.

Was comped so the price was right, but in the future that's the only reason I'd go there.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple quick reviews of recent restaurant visits:

Chuchote Thai-  Ok restaurant, bigger fan of Weera, Le Thai, Lotus, and Arawan.  I know I'm getting old but the menu was impossible to read.

Black Bear Diner-  standard breakfast and lunch fare or as my Hot Asian Girlfriend likes to call it "white people food".  Probably first and last visit.

North Italia-  Summerlin buzzworthy spot.  Went for happy hour.  Quality beer and wine selection, margherita pizza on point and zucchini chips a bit addictive.  Will be back.