Vegas restaurants and bars thread

GreenDoberman

I walked around there last year for March madness when I was staying at the sls. I mean it certainly wasn’t nice and lots of the typical hood rat trash , but as far as being really scary like the projects or something, not even close. I was also drunk so maybe I had some extra liquid courage. More of a keep your head on a swivel and don’t let your guard down type an area vs a fuck me I might actually get jumped and robbed any second type of place like a few I’ve been in SF/Oakland/LA/NY

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I walked around there last year for March madness when I was staying at the sls. I mean it certainly wasn’t nice and lots of the typical hood rat trash , but as far as being really scary like the projects or something, not even close. I was also drunk so maybe I had some extra liquid courage. More of a keep your head on a swivel and don’t let your guard down type an area vs a fuck me I might actually get jumped and robbed any second type of place like a few I’ve been in SF/Oakland/LA/NY

A lot of it is age related I’m sure, I remember going to the worst housing projects in Pittsburgh in my 20’s and not seeing what the big deal was. Being the only white guy looking to score within a 2 mile radius didn’t seem like a major thing when I was younger.

I’m no stranger to bad places, I remember wandering around an above ground cemetery in New Orleans and being told never ever to do it again. Got lost outside of Madison Square Garden drunk years ago and told I had stumbled onto the wrong area.

I think I’ve just become old, white, and scared.

A lot of it is age related I’m sure, I remember going to the worst housing projects in Pittsburgh in my 20’s and not seeing what the big deal was. Being the only white guy looking to score within a 2 mile radius didn’t seem like a major thing when I was younger.

I’m no stranger to bad places, I remember wandering around an above ground cemetery in New Orleans and being told never ever to do it again. Got lost outside of Madison Square Garden drunk years ago and told I had stumbled onto the wrong area.

I think I’ve just become old, white, and scared.

Hahaha. Actually now that you mention New Orleans. I was definitely nervous walking around there late at night. Definitely more so than anywhere I’ve been in Vegas.

The only real area one wants to avoid after dark in Vegas is directly north of downtown in the D STREET/DONNA STREET TWO square mile area................there, as a white man, you would be very fortunate to come out alive when the sun not out.

Jerrys Nugget area and Stratosphere area after sundown is fine, but keep head on a swivel.

Drove a cab for North Vegas cab for about six months.  Picked up tons of blacks off D street and projects there. Never had a problem. 

Not a place for a white boy though.

I remember taking FH two bro in laws down D street and scaring shit out of them.  

Drove a cab for North Vegas cab for about six months.  Picked up tons of blacks off D street and projects there. Never had a problem. 

Not a place for a white boy though.

I remember taking FH two bro in laws down D street and scaring shit out of them.  

Knew you would bring that up..... :mutley 

The only real area one wants to avoid after dark in Vegas is directly north of downtown in the D STREET/DONNA STREET TWO square mile area................there, as a white man, you would be very fortunate to come out alive when the sun not out.

Jerrys Nugget area and Stratosphere area after sundown is fine, but keep head on a swivel.

all the brothas know not to fuk with Fishhead

2pac was shot at Flamingo and Koval.  That is a block east of strip and only a few hundred yards out the back of Bally's.  Not a bad area and heavily trafficked.  A trip to Ellis Island and Tuscany Pub are a short jaunt.  All down east flamingo is a ton of restaurants too.  It is called Restaurant Row.

None of the areas in town are really that bad.  It's like any city.  But New Orleans is certainly full of sketchier characters than even the hardest core of Vegas gangster posers.

2pac was shot at Flamingo and Koval.  That is a block east of strip and only a few hundred yards out the back of Bally's.  Not a bad area and heavily trafficked.  A trip to Ellis Island and Tuscany Pub are a short jaunt.  All down east flamingo is a ton of restaurants too.  It is called Restaurant Row.

None of the areas in town are really that bad.  It's like any city.  But New Orleans is certainly full of sketchier characters than even the hardest core of Vegas gangster posers.

It used to be sort of shady.  They tore down all of those dumpy apartments on Koval behind Harrah's, Paris, and the MGM now.  They were all abandoned by the time I moved here (2007) though.  That sketchy ass Seigel suites by BJ's and the Rebel station on the corner of Trop and Koval was the last to stand I think.