GreenDoberman

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cut and paste from a previous post:

Not necessarily the best, but my favorites for quality and value.  Note none of them are located on the Strip.

7. Marche Bacchus

6. Weera Thai

5. Eat

4. Herbs and Rye

3. Carson Kitchen

2. Hiroyoshi Sushi

1. Other Mama

Honorable Mention:

Vintner Grill

Bazaar Meat

El Dorado Cantina

The Goodwich

What's the best Italian food in Vegas, Doobie?

I am not an Italian expert, don't eat it a whole lot other than the occasional pizza.

My thoughts are Ferraro's is about as good as I've had and I always enjoy the service there.

Most of my foodie chef friends swear by Carbone, but I'm not of the belief that $65 for chicken parm is worth it.  Prices there are in the stratosphere (not the hotel).

Nora's is next on my list to try.  That has a good rep and they just built a monster new place on West Flamingo.  I've heard both good and bad on it.

Again, others are probably better versed in Italian dining so I'll be glad to defer to them.

I am not an Italian expert, don't eat it a whole lot other than the occasional pizza.

My thoughts are Ferraro's is about as good as I've had and I always enjoy the service there.

Most of my foodie chef friends swear by Carbone, but I'm not of the belief that $65 for chicken parm is worth it. Prices there are in the stratosphere (not the hotel).

Nora's is next on my list to try. That has a good rep and they just built a monster new place on West Flamingo. I've heard both good and bad on it.

Again, others are probably better versed in Italian dining so I'll be glad to defer to them.

Was at the new Nora's a couple months ago. Food was good, but the service was lousy. Hopefully just growing pains.

Have not been yet to Atomic kitchen have it on the list for next month.

Like to wait a month or so after things open so it's settled down also not drinking this month on a strict diet.

Looking forward to going there it is a highly anticipated opening and the menu looks very interesting.

I may beat you to it in that case.  Will review in this thread if I make it there.

Went to Nora's today.

Beautiful space.  The decor is very nice and the outdoor seating with a patio and adjacent bocce ball court is a nice touch.  I had no complaints with service either.  

Only problem is that I was not at all blown away by the food.  In fact, it was meh-OK.  Now I'm not an Italian expert and I have been eating rather healthy lately so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I ordered a house salad.  It consisted of romaine lettuce, olives, onions, tomatoes, pepperoncini, and cheese.  The cheese was strangely cut into microscopic cubes, but nothing was wrong with it.  It came with the house Italian dressing.  Now I should have asked for light dressing, since I like to put just a touch of oil and vinegar or just a squeee of lemon on my salads, but the dressing soaked the salad.  This couldn't have been healthy and ruined the salad for me.  Maybe they are catering to the typical fatass American palate, but it was not in my lane.

I ordered the pesto pasta with vegetables.  This consisted of fettucine, some zucchini, pine nuts, and TONS and TONS of pesto sauce.  Again Lardy McLard from Southern Highlands may like the sauce, but after I finished my pasta I was left with half a bowl/plate of thick pesto soup.

If I go again, may try the cocktails and an appetizer or two.  Maybe a seafood dish.  

5 stars for ambience

2 stars for food.

As far as Italian goes, in my opinion Ferraro's would win this battle in a knockout.

Went to Nora's today.

Beautiful space.  The decor is very nice and the outdoor seating with a patio and adjacent bocce ball court is a nice touch.  I had no complaints with service either.  

Only problem is that I was not at all blown away by the food.  In fact, it was meh-OK.  Now I'm not an Italian expert and I have been eating rather healthy lately so take what I say with a grain of salt.

I ordered a house salad.  It consisted of romaine lettuce, olives, onions, tomatoes, pepperoncini, and cheese.  The cheese was strangely cut into microscopic cubes, but nothing was wrong with it.  It came with the house Italian dressing.  Now I should have asked for light dressing, since I like to put just a touch of oil and vinegar or just a squeee of lemon on my salads, but the dressing soaked the salad.  This couldn't have been healthy and ruined the salad for me.  Maybe they are catering to the typical fatass American palate, but it was not in my lane.

I ordered the pesto pasta with vegetables.  This consisted of fettucine, some zucchini, pine nuts, and TONS and TONS of pesto sauce.  Again Lardy McLard from Southern Highlands may like the sauce, but after I finished my pasta I was left with half a bowl/plate of thick pesto soup.

If I go again, may try the cocktails and an appetizer or two.  Maybe a seafood dish.  

5 stars for ambience

2 stars for food.

As far as Italian goes, in my opinion Ferraro's would win this battle in a knockout.

Good review.

Have been to Ferraro's once and was unimpressed.  Maybe I'll try it again.