Vegas restaurants and bars thread

GreenDoberman

i just think it is weird that someone would work for money that they don't need, when there are plenty of volunteer positions available that would do a lot of good

..........as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker(LCSW) the past 15 years with a masters degree,  she has done and currently does lots of GOOD with her work.

The past 3 years, she works only a couple days a week, some weeks three.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For someone who gets angry when attacked, you are jumping to conclusions. If you want to marry someone who is submissive that’s entirely your choice. Not something I’m attracted to. Not to mention in today’s day and age, women are much more powerful socially and in the workforce than in the 1970s

yeah and that's why more than 1/2 the marriages are ending in divorce

good luck putting up with a wife that works all day and/or kids in day care... i hope you like doing laundry!   :laugh

So if a girl wants to be say, I don’t know, an archaeologist, because she is interested in that field. and happens to marry a wealthy man, she should choose between a career and a marriage? Even if they have no kids? How about if she works for a woman? I am so confused.

So if a girl wants to be say, I don’t know, an archaeologist, because she is interested in that field. and happens to marry a wealthy man, she should choose between a career and a marriage? Even if they have no kids? How about if she works for a woman? I am so confused.

why in the world would you want to dig around in dirt in the hot sun when you could hang out with friends laughing about how poor other people are?

when i reached the point that i had enough money, i was never going to be bossed around again, and sure wasn't going to do anything unpleasant

why in the world would you want to dig around in dirt in the hot sun when you could hang out with friends laughing about how poor other people are?

when i reached the point that i had enough money, i was never going to be bossed around again, and sure wasn't going to do anything unpleasant

I suppose because they find it interesting. My SIL has her own company. My .bro retired. They have enough money for 10 lifetimes, but that company is her baby, and she enjoys her work. I guess you look at work as just work, while others actually enjoy what they do. Regardless, telliing a woman she can’t work based on the notion that she cannot accept money from another man, is really oddto me, but to each his/her own.

I suppose because they find it interesting. My SIL has her own company. My .bro retired. They have enough money for 10 lifetimes, but that company is her baby, and she enjoys her work. I guess you look at work as just work, while others actually enjoy what they do. Regardless, telliing a woman she can’t work based on the notion that she cannot accept money from another man, is really oddto me, but to each his/her own.

i wouldn't tell her that, but i would prefer that

i've got a weird mind, i picture a guy saying "get down on your knees and beg for this check"  "and while you're down there play with my junk"   :laugh

i wouldn't tell her that, but i would prefer that

i've got a weird mind, i picture a guy saying "get down on your knees and beg for this check" "and while you're down there play with my junk" :laugh

You must have been hurt by a woman in the past who you caught cheating. Am I right ?

You must have been hurt by a woman in the past who you caught cheating. Am I right ?

nope

me and mrs milwaukee have been happily married for a couple of life sentences, and neither of us would even consider that behavior

but i've heard enough horror stories from clients and almost all of them involve the female and work relationships

nope

me and mrs milwaukee have been happily married for a couple of life sentences, and neither of us would even consider that behavior

but i've heard enough horror stories from clients and almost all of them involve the female and work relationships

This is a naive statement.

One can never guarantee the actions of another.

It is possible that your wife has cheated on you, regardless of what you think.

nope

Gotcha.

This is a naive statement.

One can never guarantee the actions of another.

It is possible that your wife has cheated on you, regardless of what you think.

you're right, based on temptation/etc... and you're also right you can never really know what someone else is thinking or desiring, or has done

sad part about a job like mine is i usually hear bad news, someone dying, divorce, losing job, business going under, etc

and people think of me as a therapist, i have heard way more shit than i ever wanted to, and in many cases things that they have never told anyone in their family

probably a major reason why i have to vent on the forums, you guys are MY therapists!  god knows i need one, but probably someone better than forum people  :laugh

you're right, based on temptation/etc... and you're also right you can never really know what someone else is thinking or desiring, or has done

sad part about a job like mine is i usually hear bad news, someone dying, divorce, losing job, business going under, etc

and people think of me as a therapist, i have heard way more shit than i ever wanted to, and in many cases things that they have never told anyone in their family

probably a major reason why i have to vent on the forums, you guys are MY therapists!  god knows i need one, but probably someone better than forum people  :laugh

I worked as a bartender for two years at a joint called the BAD HABIT in Dodge City many moons ago.

I felt like the town therapist, but all these people really wanted was someone to sit there and listen to them.  I had no choice, so I did.

I worked as a bartender for two years at a joint called the BAD HABIT in Dodge City many moons ago.

I felt like the town therapist, but all these people really wanted was someone to sit there and listen to them.  I had no choice, so I did.

yeah they want an objective bystander

can't really talk to your wife about how horrible your wife is, and get her to listen or agree with you   :laugh

wait i just thought of something

you SAT and listened to them as a bartender?  that was the best bartending gig in the world!

Doberman, I'm watching Vegas Restaurant Rehab and they're trying to save Blue Ox Tavern. Have you ever been? It's supposedly a Minnesota themed place, catering to Viking fans....

To answer your question red alert.  Yes, but it's been many moons.  As Fish said, they have a few around town.  The one I am most familiar with is the West Sahara one by Burlington Coat Factory.  It is like many bars here in that it is well past its prime and the owners have neglected reinvesting in it.  For a point of reference the Champagne's Café on Bar Rescue is very similar.  I'd say if you are a Vikes fan is worth going on a Sunday game day.  Otherwise, no reason.

Sorry for the lateness, seems the thread was derailed and I missed it.

• 1 month later...

Haven't been eating out as much lately, but last weekend as a top 5 lifetime meal.

Finally checked out Esther's Kitchen, which is downtown/Arts District.  They were talking up the house-made pasta but the fish special which is branzino.

It was with citrus fennel and some sort of grain underneath.  Roll your eyes good.

Esther's is already opening up a second location in Tivoli Village soon.  Will be interesting since that place is sort of a graveyard for restaurants.

Definitely going to revisit and try some pasta dishes soon.

• 4 weeks later...