Parx

rdalert447

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jockey Jose Flores, a winner of 4,650 races, was on life support at Aria Jefferson Torresdale Hospital in Philadelphia on Tuesday morning after going down in a spill during the ninth race at Parx Racing on Monday. Flores suffered extensive cranial and spinal injuries in the accident and is not expected to survive.

sad day for my favorite sport.

According to Terry Meyocks, the national manager of the Jockeys' Guild, the last rider to die from injuries sustained in a race was Mario Chavez at Will Rogers Downs in October 2017. He was the 156th rider to perish from race-related injuries since the Guild began keeping such statistics in 1940.

• 2 weeks later...

Playing two Uriah horses today. Slow day so thought I’d post. In contrast to last year, when he was only winning with Trin Brook owned horses, this year he’s only winning with Guyana Rocky owned horses. And right now, they are going as good as I’ve ever seen.....for them, of course. Uriah already has a few W’s with them in 2018. The highlights are a $43 and $107 horse, as well as a handful of seconds and thirds highlighted by a a 70-1 that got nosed.

Race 2

$20 Win #9 Miss Motivation 20-1

Speed fade last out with the chart notes saying “tired badly.” You don’t always see such a negative statement, so it almost seems the trainer asked them to put that in there so he can get a bigger price next out. Conspiracy Theory 101.

Race 3

$20 Win #3 Discomania 20-1

As Jasson pointed out in another thread, trainer Randi Persaud swept the late double at Aqu the other day for none other than Guyana Rocky stables. With $138 and $46 horses! The latter bet down from 50-1. Double came back a paltry $450 for a buck. So in my estimation, the only way this Guyanese syndicate survives is by cashing bets when their horses are ready to run. The 3% Win percentage at $7500 claiming levels certainly don’t keep the lights on. Anyhow, here’s Uriah training for the suddenly hot Randi Persaud. You see recurring names and owners flip flopping horses in this incestuous group, which makes them hard to pin down. They’re always up to something, just gotta time it right.

Race 2

$20 Win #9 Miss Motivation 20-1

Speed fade last out with the chart notes saying “tired badly.” You don’t always see such a negative statement, so it almost seems the trainer asked them to put that in there so he can get a bigger price next out. Conspiracy Theory 101.

Two scratches to her inside. Makes it a lot easier to clear field and get to the rail. All aboard. 17-1 with 2 mtp.

• 8 months later...

Not starting a whole new thread so just posting a bet for today:

Parx Race 1

$20 win #6 Rove 12-1

$1 P3 1,3,6,7/ALL/4

All three faves in race 1 look susceptible. The Klesaris horse(#2) is running its third race in less than 30 days. That’s a bit much for a $7500 claimer, hopefully. The Aro horse(#4) is off a two month layoff and has never won on dirt. And the Nevin horse(#5) has been burning money all year, and these NY shippers don’t do well here, usually at low odds. Landed on Linder, who wins from time to time in NY and seems to be a bit of a trickster. This one is second off a private purchase, and it’s first try for Linder looks like a total stiff job. Some back tactical speed will hopefully help today. Played the Pick 3 trying to stay alive to my main man URIAH. Risking $40.

Mon 12/17/18

Parx Race 4

$20 win #5 Dreamers Moon 8-1

$2 exbx 5/2,6,7

$5 DD 5/5

$1 P3 5/5/ALL

Been waiting for this one to come back. It’s effort two back should be good enough to win this. It hung in the stretch next out, but wasn’t surprising after that previous big effort. I like the fact that it passed horses in the stretch, sometimes not so easy for two year olds. Sitting at 6-1 with about 7 mtp. Pound it.