NORTH Korea about to become NO Korea

FISHHEAD

ROFL. Maybe you should take a history class.

My 250k to your 50k there is no www3. Let me know when you want to post up

You are still jibber jabbing about nonsense. Post up? What is this high school? I have no reason stoop down to your level. You are nasty person that has personal issues.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they could create a suitcase nuke and let it go in manhattan if they are attacked

anything is possible. my hope is things just stay the same for a few more years id like a few more years of gambling im doing good

Any North Korean agents that make it to this country will be so distracted that we actually have food that they'll forget to detonate their weapon.

Any North Korean agents that make it to this country will be so distracted that we actually have food that they'll forget to detonate their weapon.

Nice thought, but the Muslims that come here bent on destruction don't seem to get distracted that easily. 

As it turns out, poverty does not seem to be the driving factor with these religious zealots.

On day one I will repeal Obamacare.

On Day one I will label China a currency manipulator.

Day one I will begin the process of building a wall that Mexico will pay for.

We lost Ryan, but that wasn't my fault, blame it on Obama and the Generals.

I won the popular vote also. That's if you take away the 3 to 5 million illegal votes.

President Obama wiretapped my phones. Sic, bad.

Eventhough Betsy Devos little brother Erik Price was sneaking in Trump Tower through the back door to meet with Jared Kushner and Mike Flynn daily he had nothing to do with the transition.

I've met Putin, I never met Putin, yes I've met Putin several times, I've never met Putin, I have never done business in Russia, Russia is a ruse.

Obama wiretapped my phones. This is McCarthyism. This is worse than Watergate. Calling Devin Nunes.

I always have a full pack of Tic Tacs on me. You never know.

That sums up the new sheriff in town.

Liar, liar, pussy, pussy, sack of shit mother fucker!

Guest boatboatboat

This seems like a pretty big deal to me

Yet not much coverage

-----------

General Motors says it will immediately halt operations in Venezuela after its plant in the country was unexpectedly seized by authorities.

GM (GM) described the takeover as an "illegal judicial seizure of its assets."

The automaker said the seizure showed a "total disregard" of its legal rights. It said that authorities had removed assets including cars from company facilities.

"[GM] strongly rejects the arbitrary measures taken by the authorities and will vigorously take all legal actions, within and outside of Venezuela, to defend its rights," it said in a statement.

Authorities in Venezuela, which is mired in a severe economic crisis, did not respond to requests for comment.

It was not immediately clear why authorities seized the GM plant. Huge swaths of Venezuela's economy have been nationalized in the years since former President Hugo Chavez rose to power. Under Chavez, who took office in 1999, the state took control of private oil, telecommunications, energy and cement businesses.

President Nicolas Maduro has continued the tradition, while blaming the United States and its companies for Venezuela's economic and political problems.

"Government decision making is increasingly incoherent. It's difficult to understand the rationale," said Nicolas Watson, head of Latin American research at Teneo Intelligence.

Automakers in the country have struggled because they've been unable to access U.S. dollars to import parts, said Watson.

The GM plant in Valencia employs nearly 2,700 workers, but stopped producing cars in 2015 and has only been selling spare parts since then, a company spokesperson said.

GM said it would make "separation payments" to its workers.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/money/dam/assets/170420091506-venezuela-protests-780x439.jpg
Venezuelan opposition activists take part in a protest against the government of President Nicolas Maduro in Caracas on April 1.

Venezuela is in crisis mode: The country's economy shrank by 18% in 2016 -- its third consecutive year of recession. Unemployment is set to surpass 25%, and its people have suffered from widespread shortages of food and medicine.

Hyperinflation has wiped out the value of its currency, the bolivar. The price of consumer goods has skyrocketed.

Large-scale protests erupted in recent weeks after Maduro's administration barred opposition leader Henrique Capriles from holding political office for the next 15 years. At least nine people have been killed in the protests.

Maduro has been accused by the opposition of behaving like a dictator.

In late March, the loyalist-backed Supreme Court tried to strip the opposition-led National Assembly of its powers, but quickly reversed course after a severe public outcry. The Supreme Court also blocked all reforms from opposition lawmakers.

Related: As protests swell, Venezuela spirals into 'deep economic crisis'

A slew of global firms have pulled out of the country or been forced to halt operations as a result of government interference or moves to put key sectors of the economy under state control.

ExxonMobil (XOM) pulled the plug on its operations in Venezuela in 2007 after former President Hugo Chavez attempted to nationalize one of its projects. The oil producer then took the government to court.

In 2016, Kleenex maker Kimberly-Clark (KMB) suspended its operations in Venezuela, citing the country's "rapidly escalating inflation" and the "continued deterioration of economic and business conditions."

The government called the closure illegal. It took over operations at the facility days later, according to state-run media.

Related: GM isn't the only company under siege in Venezuela

Coca-Cola (KO) was also forced to halt production of Coke and other sugar-sweetened beverages last year due to a sugar shortage.

Guest boatboatboat

I guess it would serve no purpose for GM with aid from USA forces to reclaim the property.

No one would purchase it, and GM certainly wont operate there going forward

There was more than enough coverage.  They are only making parts that they sell in South America there.   That they hadn't closed the plant already was a surprise.

It said that authorities had removed assets including cars from company facilities.

The article said they seized cars. I assumed they were newly built cars, but maybe not.

I guess it would serve no purpose for GM with aid from USA forces to reclaim the property.

No one would purchase it, and GM certainly wont operate there going forward

GM would have to get in line behind companies that lost serious assets, like Exxon.   If the USA was paying attention it never would have got this far.

It said that authorities had removed assets including cars from company facilities.

The article said they seized cars. I assumed they were newly built cars, but maybe not.

The GM plant in Valencia employs nearly 2,700 workers, but stopped producing cars in 2015 and has only been selling spare parts since then, a company spokesperson said.

IT's not possible to produce anything in Venezuela you can't even buy eggs.