OT: Anyone ever passed a kidney stone?

Blue

Just got home from hospital. Holy shit was that painful! Never felt pain like that in my life. Crazy shit, thought I burst my appendix or something like that. Fuckin thing was only 3mm too, hard to believe it caused that much pain. Apparently when it's moving around in your kidney that's when all the pain occurs. No pain when I actually passed it, all the pain was beforehand.

You're my boy BLUE!!!

Way to take that shit and take it like a man.  

Im not a doctor or anything.  But I'm a big believer that WATER is the key to a healthy life with the digestive organs.  

Drink more water BLUE.  Drink it like a mutha fucka.  

Hope you are feeling better. 

Yeah I think I'm drinking too much iced coffee from Starbucks. No Bueno. I drink plenty of water already but need to cut out the caffeine. Thx pal.

Stones are often genetic.  Have never had one but have heard it's pain like no other.  Apparently it's not uncommon to puke from the pain.  You are correct in that the pain generally doesn't happen while pissing but rather while it moves through kidney, contrary to the depiction by Tom Hanks in Green Mile.

Guest pocketrockets

Ive heard that drinking soda and or cranberry juice in excess is a fair cause as well... and yeah, ive heard it hurts like a motherfucker... my dad peed some stones last year, says it was brutal

He drinks like 5 glasses of coke daily if not more.

Guest pocketrockets

For those who believe in natural medicine

https://jerseydemic.com/how-to-get-rid-of-kidney/

Natural Remedy to Cleanse the Kidneys

This powerful natural remedy to cleanse the kidneys , is prepared from avocado leaves.

The infusion of avocado leaves is able to detoxify and cleanse the kidneys completely, ensuring that they function in the most optimal way. Pay attention to how to prepare this powerful infusion based on avocado leaves to cleanse the kidneys.

My experience was slightly different.

I had a small one that I never felt as it moved through the kidney.  I found the diagnosis difficult to believe after all I had heard about these stones.  I spend a day and a half with stomach cramps, feeling like I needed to have a bowel movement although no stool was present, and I felt the need to urinate constantly.  Stayed in bed, couldn't hold any food down.  Got very dehydrated.

At no time did I ever feel that small stone moving.  The doc said that my stomach discomfort was caused by pancreatitis - which arises because the presence of the stone in the kidney caused chemicals to be released that irritate the pancreas.

So, I had to deal with a lot of pain - but not the sharp jabs to the kidney I expected.  More like irritable bowel syndrome is what it felt like to me.

Had 2 - passed one and surgery on the other because there were two stones that moved and got stuck together, like two pieces of rice.  Then they put a stent in so the irritated areas in the ureter would heal properly.  From what I learned it is important to analyse the stone to determine it's makeup - primarily calcium based or acidic.  My ph level was acidic so the Doctor prescribed a potassium pill 3 times a day to get my ph levels a steady 5.5 again.  

Been two years now and the potassium pills are working.  

• 3 weeks later...

Had 2 - passed one and surgery on the other because there were two stones that moved and got stuck together, like two pieces of rice.  Then they put a stent in so the irritated areas in the ureter would heal properly.  From what I learned it is important to analyse the stone to determine it's makeup - primarily calcium based or acidic.  My ph level was acidic so the Doctor prescribed a potassium pill 3 times a day to get my ph levels a steady 5.5 again.  

Been two years now and the potassium pills are working.  

Glad to hear the pills are working. You are 100% correct about having the stone analyzed. My urologist was not happy that the pa/nurse in the ER apparently just fuckin threw it out. From what I read on the internet the color gives an indication as to what the stone consisted of but when I asked my urologist she said no the color really doesn't mean anything. 

Yes, twice... around 7 mm. I've been stone-free for a few years now. But the first time it happened- it scared the crap out of me. I had no clue as to why I was feeling that horrendous pain...

Nurse asked me to rate the level of pain from 1 to 10... I said 11. :laugh

7mm yikes pal. Mine was 3mm they said it was probably bigger and broke apart and I passed other pieces without knowing it. I was lucky. 

7mm yikes pal. Mine was 3mm they said it was probably bigger and broke apart and I passed other pieces without knowing it. I was lucky.

Have had them 2x. First time was fucking dying and yelling in pain.

Second time they were small like 3mm and they hurt , but more like a little discomfort and no big deal.

Have had them 2x. First time was fucking dying and yelling in pain.

Second time they were small like 3mm and they hurt , but more like a little discomfort and no big deal.

How far apart were the two occurrences pal?