LA riots (25 years)

Cop

In Detroit, an estimated 10,000 people participated in the riots, with an estimated 100,000 gathering to watch. Thirty-six hours later, 43 were dead, 33 of whom were black and 10 white. More than 7,200 people were arrested, most of them black

LA riot

A total of 55 people died during the riots, including eight who were killed by police officers and two who were killed by guardsmen. As many as 2,000 people were reported injured. Estimates of the material losses vary between about $800 million and $1 billion.

i'm still here, pass by all the areas seen from the la riots everytime

my have the times changed here in l.a. 

whe  people that aren't here think of compton they immediately think straight outta compton NWA or "black people city" but that's not the case anymore.  

the last thing you would ever see on the streets of south central los angeles near crenshaw are white people on foot in the 1980s or even 1990s and even them taking the bus.  

nowadays many cultures are represented in los angeles but each culture sticks to their own culture unlike a lot of other places where people aren't afraid to go outside of their own.

i'm still here, pass by all the areas seen from the la riots everytime

my have the times changed here in l.a.

whe people that aren't here think of compton they immediately think straight outta compton NWA or "black people city" but that's not the case anymore.

the last thing you would ever see on the streets of south central los angeles near crenshaw are white people on foot in the 1980s or even 1990s and even them taking the bus.

nowadays many cultures are represented in los angeles but each culture sticks to their own culture unlike a lot of other places where people aren't afraid to go outside of their own.

Yep have noticed that myself. A lot less segregation. Have you been around Highland Park recently?

Its all hipsters now.

Guest pocketrockets

Me too. Interesting coincidence.

Haha yeah man... loved it while I was over there... I was fine with the earthquake really, never been afraid of them but my grandma fears them like the devil and got hysterical, made me sleep downstairs below the dining table with my cousin for 2 nights

Yep have noticed that myself. A lot less segregation. Have you been around Highland Park recently?

Its all hipsters now.

haven't driven on lyft much at all this year but last year i dropped someone off at highland park and picked someone else up there 

the passenger was talking about how highland park isn't that good of an area but i don't think it's nothing compared to living in south central in the 1980s or detroit for that matter

the best thing 1 can do is to avoid going out at nights anywhere because you put yourself in jeopardy for stuff to happen

Guest pocketrockets

My cousins boyfriend was super nice with me I was 7 and they were probably 18?

They took me to disney several times. Also remember them taking me to a farm full of farm animals that wasnt far away... it wasnt a park per se but it was super nice