What are your ethnic roots?

Guest pocketrockets

What are your ethnic roots?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What are your ethnic roots?

Guest pocketrockets

Just curious have found many Italian descendants across the forums... RX and here... lets see TGF demographics.

My father's family came from Italy running away from fascism/Mussilini... so did my mother's family who ran away from Catalunya and fascism/Francisco Franco.

Mom's side of the family originally from Sweden.  Her maiden name was Swedish ending with a STROM.  

Grandmother on my Dad's side was from England.  She met my grandfather during WW2.  They got married and she moved with him to the States.  No clue about him and his family.  He was a piece of shit that left my dad, his brother, and my grandma when they were kids.  Apparently blew his brains out a few years later playing Russian roulette when drunk with some buddies.  My Dad never once talked about him.  So I have no clue but could probably ask my Mom if I cared.  But I don't. 

Mom's side of the family originally from Sweden. Her maiden name was Swedish ending with a STROM.

Grandmother on my Dad's side was from England. She met my grandfather during WW2. They got married and she moved with him to the States. No clue about him and his family. He was a piece of shit that left my dad, his brother, and my grandma when they were kids. Apparently blew his brains out a few years later playing Russian roulette when drunk with some buddies. My Dad never once talked about him. So I have no clue but could probably ask my Mom if I cared. But I don't.

Sounds like your grandfather possibly had PTSD

Regardless sad story

At least you turn out alright

Sounds like your grandfather possibly had PTSD

Regardless sad story

Maybe.  Or he was just a piece of shit.  My Mom told me he beat up on my Dad and grandma before finally leaving them.  

Another sad thing that happened years later, my Dad's little half brother blew his brains out in the backyard of my step Grandfathers house.  Drunk playing with guns with his buddies and thought the chamber was empty.  Wrong.  Game over. 

Guest pocketrockets

Oh wow Sol. Sharing hard family stories. My dad's family was very wealthy, not because heritance but hard work once they came to CR, my dad's father, grandpa was a piece of shit and also left my dad, his brother and sister and my grandma to fend for themselves, never helped them economically, piece of shit blew all his money and properties on hookers, booze and gambling. Then my grandma was killed in front of my father and aunt when my dad was 16. Dad went insane, became and alcoholic for 2-3 years living in the beach, he then reformed and started dirt bike racing, won several national and regional championships. Formed part of the Honda racing team in the US and moved to SF... injured himself for good and came back to CR. Met my mom and that was it. My family is wealthy, we are the ones who struggle, dad was never too business savvy like his cousins who currently own a $3million property in playas del coco and other properties/companies valued in $10+ mills.

Of course... they look down on us for the most part.

Guest pocketrockets

Maybe.  Or he was just a piece of shit.  My Mom told me he beat up on my Dad and grandma before finally leaving them.  

Another sad thing that happened years later, my Dad's little half brother blew his brains out in the backyard of my step Grandfathers house.  Playing with guns drunk with his buddies and thought the chamber was empty.  Wrong.  Game over. 

Holy shit. Game over indeed. PTSD makes you do terrible things. Beatings and murder in the list. I suffered/suffer PTSD and when it started, 2 months afterwards I really did some bad stuff, lost control. Now I have learned how to semi control it.

Oh wow Sol. Sharing hard family stories. My dad's family was very wealthy, not because heritance but hard work once they came to CR, my dad's father, grandpa was a piece of shit and also left my dad, his brother and sister and my grandma to fend for themselves, never helped them economically, piece of shit blew all his money and properties on hookers, booze and gambling. Then my grandma was killed in front of my father and aunt when my dad was 16. Dad went insane, became and alcoholic for 2-3 years living in the beach, he then reformed and started dirt bike racing, won several national and regional championships. Formed part of the Honda racing team in the US and moved to SF... injured himself for good and came back to CR. Met my mom and that was it. My family is wealthy, we are the ones who struggle, dad was never too business savvy like his cousins who currently own a $3million property in playas del coco and other properties/companies valued in $10+ mills.

Of course... they look down on us for the most part.

Where is your Dad now and what is he up to? 

Guest pocketrockets

My 2nd cousin killed herself because she didnt know to come out of the closet as a lesbian. Family too religious. Sad shit. I loved her and was in love with her when we were kids, 5 year old kiddy crush.

Guest pocketrockets

Where is your Dad now and what is he up to? 

Dad is 56 currently and ill, stubborn as he is he wont go to the hospital, has a hernia and damaged lungs, probably enphysema due to heavy smoking, wont stop smoking... all family sick of telling him. He lives next door with mom still but shit is bad and she wants to leave him cause he doesnt let her do shit without complaining or harrasing her, travel, etc, etc... fuckin jealous all the time. I love with my 22 year old brother in the apartment next door. Dad fell off the wagon 2 months ago after mom told him it was over... it was awful, got intoxicated, we had to call an ambulance and shit. He is a controlling guy, and people get tired of that shit... love him and all but we just dont get along.

Dad is 56 currently and ill, stubborn as he is he wont go to the hospital, has a hernia and damaged lungs, probably enphysema due to heavy smoking, wont stop smoking... all family sick of telling him. He lives next door with mom still but shit is bad and she wants to leave him cause he doesnt let her do shit without complaining or harrasing her, travel, etc, etc... fuckin jealous all the time. I love with my 22 year old brother in the apartment next door. Dad fell off the wagon 2 months ago after mom told him it was over... it was awful, got intoxicated, we had to call an ambulance and shit. He is a controlling guy, and people get tired of that shit... love him and all but we just dont get along.

I basically hated my Dad for the first 25 years of my life.  But he changed and eventually became my best friend in his later years.  When I finally did forgive him, it basically set me free of hate.  And for that, it changed me as a person.  Growing up, I never once heard my Dad say that he loved me.  But in his last years, he never once hung up the phone without saying it.

People can change.   Hopefully there is still hope for your Pops.   :cheers

Guest pocketrockets

I basically hated my Dad for the first 25 years of my life.  But he changed and eventually became my best friend in his later years.  When I finally did forgive him, it basically set me free of hate.  And for that, it changed me as a person.  Growing up, I never once heard my Dad say that he loved me.  But in his last years, he never once hung up the phone without saying it.

People can change.   Hopefully there is still hope for your Pops.   :cheers

Hopefully pal, ive tried... after the ambulance incident I wrote him a letter, opening up in writing much easier than in words, at least for us... he broke to tears but has not spoken with me about it...

I just hope he changes, cause... well, he is very hard to get along with the way he is now, and my brother has the same problem with him, to a lesser degree.

Guest pocketrockets

You should have allowed for the poll to have more than 1 choice per poster. Most people here come from several ethnic backgrounds except Yanks who has Italian roots only that can be tracked down to Adam and Eve.

Yanks es mantequilla.

Fuckin hightower!

The fruit don't fall far from the tree.

Dave "The MeatMan" Scandaliato

Guest pocketrockets

The fruit don't fall far from the tree.

Fuck you asshole go crawl back to your hole you have no friends here!

And if I fucking see you in Vegas Ill fuckin knock you out you fuckin obese motherfucker.

Guest pocketrockets

You better do it in one(1) punch because I will empty the clip in you.

Understand son?

Oh I will you fuckin piece of shit. I bet you have a whore's jaw... pre-dislocated from sucking so much cock!