New Healthcare Bill passed in the House ..not good for those with pre-existing conditions.

IAG

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who here does not have a pre-existing condition?

JFC the US healthcare (insurance) system is such a fucking scam.

Says the happy (to be) Canadian!!

Yeah, but it doesn't matter if you are on a group plan through your job. Self employed, retired or unemployed who are not yet on Medicare will probably be hit the hardest. I haven't read enough about it yet, and it's possible it will be tweaked in the Senate, but from the little I've read it doesn't sound good for some.

Yeah, but it doesn't matter if you are on a group plan through your job. Self employed, retired or unemployed who are not yet on Medicare will probably be hit the hardest. I haven't read enough about it yet, and it's possible it will be tweaked in the Senate, but from the little I've read it doesn't sound good for some.

Copper the biggest problem with the US system is that you have bean counters (in a for profit business) making decisions that affect peoples SURVIVAL.

Bean counter loyalty is to the company and I understand that but its fundamentally wrong for a for profit business to be making decisions on a persons well being based on profitability.

I doubt you will agree, but this is truly the case.

Copper the biggest problem with the US system is that you have bean counters (in a for profit business) making decisions that affect peoples SURVIVAL.

Bean counter loyalty is to the company and I understand that but its fundamentally wrong for a for profit business to be making decisions on a persons well being based on profitability.

I don't disagree with this but putting our Government in control of our healthcare is a disaster waiting to happen. I don't know the answer.

cop is a straight up piece of fukkin shit

who the fuk celebrates people losing their health insurance other than pieces of fukkin shit

Big promise broken.

From what I've seen... it doesnt allow insurers to deny you for pre existing conditions. it just allows them to charge you more Why shouldn't they? The point of insurance is to buy it in case something were to happen to you. Not wait until you get sick and then buy it. Do you buy car insurance after you have an accident?

From what I've seen... it doesnt allow insurers to deny you for pre existing conditions. it just allows them to charge you more Why shouldn't they? The point of insurance is to buy it in case something were to happen to you. Not wait until you get sick and then buy it. Do you buy car insurance after you have an accident?

From what I see it does, but regardless

I don't understand what you're saying. I have not been a day in my life without insurance – not a day. I could now get charged up to $1600 per month for insurance because I had back surgery seven years ago and have been diagnosed with depression.

Lol so why so against the individual mandate?

So i get to go back to paying 2500 a month  because I had cancer 17 years ago.  Sweet!   Have to make 1.7M to offset it with the tax break

From what I see it does, but regardless

I don't understand what you're saying. I have not been a day in my life without insurance – not a day. I could now get charged up to $1600 per month for insurance because I had back surgery seven years ago and have been diagnosed with depression.

I wasn't specifically talking about you. But as with everything... Ther will be winners and there will be losers. Just like with Obamacare. Just the way the world works.

I wasn't specifically talking about you. But as with everything... Ther will be winners and there will be losers. Just like with Obamacare. Just the way the world works.

How do you think it helps the economy if the rito's and IAG's are paying $1600/month for insurance? How about a family plan if a kid has a medical issue?

For the record, one of the reasons I voted for Trump was to repeal the ACA because I don't like t as a whole, but, I was going withthe assumption he would do what he said and keep the pre-existing condition provisions in tact. Of course I should've known, because there's really no way to cover that group without the mandate. I don't mind paying more for being in some sort of high-risk category. For years I faithfully wrote my check for 500+ per month. But 1500+ per month is ridic

I guess. And ultimately the RItos and IAGs will probably be OK, because I will just never not have insurance no matter what it costs me, but there's going to be a lot of people that won't be. I guess we'll see how it shakes out.