OT: Don't you guys feel like real men when you fix your own car?

KingRevolver

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure you scratch this topic off your weave list don't want a week from now u starting a thread called ' motor jest blew up because I never changed my oil' ....then ban me after I explain you can't blow your motor up after a 3-week oil change and you telling me u can because you lost your job.....

Guest pocketrockets

Make sure you scratch this topic off your weave list don't want a week from now u starting a thread called ' motor jest blew up because I never changed my oil' ....then ban me after I explain you can't blow your motor up after a 3-week oil change and you telling me u can because you lost your job.....

:pop

Merlin, what do you think of conventional oil vs. synthetic oil?

Obviously synthetic is way better, but it's too expensive IMO, I use Synthetic blend oil and only buy it on sale(around black friday they'll have oil for less than a buck a qrt after rebate). In the winter I'll use 3 qts of blend with 1 qrt full synthetic, you dont need that since you live in AZ. I figure it cost me 6-$8 to change with filter(around 2.50 on sale). I go 5-6K between changes.

I used to always do my own maintenance when I was young and poor. Would always put the oil in 1 gallon milk or water jugs and toss them in the trash.

Yeah. Probably not the best thing for the environment. Whatever.

If you're connected to a sewer system you can flush anti freeze, where I am there are several places that take used oil for free.

Obviously synthetic is way better, but it's too expensive IMO, I use Synthetic blend oil and only buy it on sale(around black friday they'll have oil for less than a buck a qrt after rebate). In the winter I'll use 3 qts of blend with 1 qrt full synthetic, you dont need that since you live in AZ. I figure it cost me 6-$8 to change with filter(around 2.50 on sale). I go 5-6K between changes.

I bought Valvoline Synthetic Blend. I'm planning on going to Full Synthetic. But I first wanted to use the blend and then go to full. I didn't want to go from conventional to synthetic right away. Probably doesn't matter, but that's what I'm doing.

It was $23 for a 5 Quart.

Funny, very funny.

I've heard that synthetic blend is only 15-25% synthetic, dont know if that's true but that's why in the winter I use a qrt of pure.

Did you know that at a lot of the rapid oil change places they now put "used" oil back in your car, they call it rerefined(they filter it and then add fresh ingredients) I'm like, you have to be fuckin kidding, for $40+ they cant use real oil.

I've heard that synthetic blend is only 15-25% synthetic, dont know if that's true but that's why in the winter I use a qrt of pure.

Did you know that at a lot of the rapid oil change places they now put "used" oil back in your car, they call it rerefined(they filter it and then add fresh ingredients) I'm like, you have to be fuckin kidding, for $40+ they cant use real oil.

A lot of those places are a joke. I love the $19.99 oil-and-filter-change places... you know they're using the cheapest shit, if they even do it.

And they only want to sucker you in there so they can give you a list of things that are supposedly wrong with your car. That's how they make their money. Scam artists.