Just Got Out Of Hospital For Pancreatitis And Gall Stones

Mike75

From late Monday Night through Thursday of last week i was hospitalized with pancreatitis and gall stones. Might have to go back soon and have my gall bladder removed.

Anyone else had this???

very painful i wouldnt wish this on no one.

I had gallstones and gallbladder removed. I was always getting painful attacks in the liver area like a burning sword through me which put me on my knees for hours but misdiagnosed 3 times in the emergency until they figured it out. Takes 3-4 weeks to recover. Pretty common surgery.

My buddy had it removed a couple of years ago, the bad side of it,  bad heartburn constantly,,,gl mike

Yes this was true for me. Never had heartburn until after I got my gallbladder removed and then it was constant. Have to be on Nexium for the rest of my life which sucks but it's better than the attacks.

From late Monday Night through Thursday of last week i was hospitalized with pancreatitis and gall stones. Might have to go back soon and have my gall bladder removed.

Anyone else had this???

very painful i wouldnt wish this on no one.

I was in New Orleans for three(3) months just a few weeks ago taking care of my dad who had this at the age of seventy-nine(79).

Dave "The MeatMan" Scandaliato

I had gallstones and gallbladder removed. I was always getting painful attacks in the liver area like a burning sword through me which put me on my knees for hours but misdiagnosed 3 times in the emergency until they figured it out. Takes 3-4 weeks to recover. Pretty common surgery.

Would you mind sharing what the recovery process is like?  Are you able to "office-work" or is the surgery going to make one bed ridden? 

Thanks for sharing.

Well early last Monday night i woke up out of a deep sleep hurting like hell like having a damn heart attack,i take a shower and try walk it off nothing works then i literally go to my knees and call an ambulance.

A few hours later i get morphine and feel bit better and i want to leave and the doc comes running in pushes me back in bed and says you are being admitted you could be dying you have a severe case of pancreatitis according to the scans.

I spent 3 days in ICU,i spent 1 day on the fifth floor and then i ask them if i was getting well and after they ran 10 different type scans and they say eat and you can go home.

Day before i snuck around ate a banana so i said i already ate discharge me outta this hell hole.

I gotta wait on seeing if they are gonna do surgery to take my gall bladder out.

Get well soon.

Get well soon Mike.

My buddy had it removed a couple of years ago, the bad side of it,  bad heartburn constantly,,,gl mike

That's too bad, pal. I hope you recover well from it. Would hate to go through that... kidney stones were bad enough for me.

hang in there mike

Sorry to hear Mike. Get better pal. What were your symptoms?

Damn sorry to hear that Mike. Hope your recovering well and can avoid any further problems

Wow. Sorry to hear, I had one episode years ago that I think was my gallbladder. It was so painful. I couldn't even move. It resolved though and nothing really sense.

Jeez! 

What symptoms did ya have? 

Sounds bad pal 

Thanks for well wishes