the last Superteam

KingKolzig

I remember they were like even money or something insane to win it all in Vegas preseason. Odds on favorite.

Crash and burn.

yep i was in florida watching the first game. i remember it was a huge event. they played a dirk-less mavericks......they trailed by 2 at the half and i HAMMERED the 2nd half line of like lakers -7

sucker bet they lost the game. i got suckered a few more times by them that year before pulling the plug. but ppl who didnt jump ship must have gotten buried night after night.......they were EV to win the title and that was with BRON-WADE_BOSH in miami. so might be the biggesst season-long burial of bettors ever

yep i was in florida watching the first game. i remember it was a huge event. they played a dirk-less mavericks......they trailed by 2 at the half and i HAMMERED the 2nd half line of like lakers -7

sucker bet they lost the game. i got suckered a few more times by them that year before pulling the plug. but ppl who didnt jump ship must have gotten buried night after night.......they were EV to win the title and that was with BRON-WADE_BOSH in miami. so might be the biggesst season-long burial of bettors ever

The Heat were favored to win the title that year. Where were the Lakers even money to win it all?

6 all-stars in their prime?

Nash was 38 years old, Kobe 34 and Metta 34. Artest averaged 7 and 8 PPG the two years prior to that season.

Who was the 6th? 36 year old Jamison?

nash was as good as ever. in fact he averaged a double-double the season before while shooting a career high from the floor. 38 or not he was still in great form

metta is a defensive stopper. you know that

jamison averaged 17.2 ppg for cleveland the year before. a former all-star should have been very valable off the bench

howard was in his prime

kobe was just out of his prime just won a few titles

gasol just out of his prime just won a few titles

Im almost certain the Lakers were preseason favs to win it all at most Vegas shops that season.

The Heat were favored. A simple internet search will confirm that for you.

Off-shore the Heat were favored; doubt every shop in Vegas had that much different numbers but maybe closeness to LA matters? Who knows, butt he Heat opened as favorites and closed as favorites offshore and the Lakers were never even money.

The Heat were favored. A simple internet search will confirm that for you.

Off-shore the Heat were favored; doubt every shop in Vegas had that much different numbers but maybe closeness to LA matters? Who knows, butt he Heat opened as favorites and closed as favorites offshore and the Lakers were never even money.

Could be. I remember being in Vegas that preseason and seeing them like 3/2 or even money. Something insane.

KK big fan here but that Laker team was the proverbial over-the-hill gang

no way......kobe was 34, gasol 34 

jordan was 33 when he won his last title then walked away. probably could have won a few more........athleticism was never a big part of nashs game. he was an all-star the season before the trade. thats why they were so hyped......EVERYONE figured they would at least go to the finals....of course now we have some monday morning QB"s here that talk shit after they sucked. but before that season the hype was off the charts and ppl b ought it. no one thought they would suck

None of them were in their prime.  Dwight's prime was when he was like 23 in Orlando.  Hurt his back and was never the same.

Jamison scored a bunch of points on a terrible Cavs team the year before 

Lebron will be 33 next year and look at the guy. he cant be stopped. 

Howard led the league in rebounding with that "bad back" lol.........all players get injured

Dwight had back surgery the offseason Lakers traded for him.  Was supposed to miss first month or 2 of season but I think made it back first game of season.  He was top 3 player in league in Orlando and never been the same since he left

They probably would have been really good if Nash didn't break down.  They hired D'Antoni to coach him and run Phoenix offense with idea of having Nash/Howard run the pick and roll that made Suns so good with Nash/Amare.  Nash got hurt and they had Steve Blake running the point and Kobe pissed LAL didn't hire Phil.

no way......kobe was 34, gasol 34 

jordan was 33 when he won his last title then walked away. probably could have won a few more........athleticism was never a big part of nashs game. he was an all-star the season before the trade. thats why they were so hyped......EVERYONE figured they would at least go to the finals....of course now we have some monday morning QB"s here that talk shit after they sucked. but before that season the hype was off the charts and ppl b ought it. no one thought they would suck

jordan didn't enter the league at 18 years old and sat out for two years. their minute accumulation wasn't anywhere near the same.

Dwight had back surgery the offseason Lakers traded for him.  Was supposed to miss first month or 2 of season but I think made it back first game of season.  He was top 3 player in league in Orlando and never been the same since he left

They probably would have been really good if Nash didn't break down.  They hired D'Antoni to coach him and run Phoenix offense with idea of having Nash/Howard run the pick and roll that made Suns so good with Nash/Amare.  Nash got hurt and they had Steve Blake running the point and Kobe pissed LAL didn't hire Phil.

didnt they hire Mike Brown first and then fired him almost right away since the team sucked to start and Kobe hated Brown

Kobe wanted Dantoni im pretty sure. Maybe not over Phil but he liked Dantoni

nash won back to back MVP's at one point, and you call him as good as ever @38 years old coming off an injury riddled season @37.

he shot a career high the season before. he was as good as ever his stats were absolutely consistent with that. he played 62 games for the suns the year before and was an all-star. EVERYONE thought he was close to his old self. few few ppl were saying "oh hes 38 now".....

didnt they hire Mike Brown first and then fired him almost right away since the team sucked to start and Kobe hated Brown

Kobe wanted Dantoni im pretty sure. Maybe not over Phil but he liked Dantoni

Kobe wanted Phil. Phil thought he had job. Last second the dumb Buss kid decided to go with D'Antoni