now BITSTAMP claims they were "hacked"

milwaukee mike

mikey , you were around when they were $5 +/-

Might be <100 soon or >500 - dunno

Although I said across the street I thought btc might test 200 before end of year (2014) - Maybe I was off by a month :scratch

yeah i was a big fan of bitcoins on the runup to 1200... then when mtgox went down it seemed like the beginning of the end. all currencies are about confidence because they are all cons

bitcoin is no different than the us dollar or everything else not backed by gold or silver, at some point it will be worthless. might be tomorrow, might be 1000 years from now

For us gamblers and why we use btc... we are OK as long as we can get in and out in less that a couple hours and as long as top class books honor them

A lot of naysayers were in that thread yesterday at SBR when that guy was asking questions about a btc w/d. He was getting 1400 from Heritage

I thought it was funny when the guy reported he made an extra $36 on the btc transaction and then the doom-and-gloomers disappeared

Books like Nitro are a hybrid gamble... you can win your bet yet lose some $$$ or the reverse

I bet into Nitro some but I keep the bet $ amount in relationship to current btc price

Example:

Say I'm a $100.00 flat bettor

If btc = 400 at the time of bet I wager 0.25

If btc = 200 at the time of bet I wager 0.50

Could workout well or not so well :clap