Bucket list....

IAG

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, never been there? I love NYC. A lot of people do not but it's one of my favorite places to visit. Love that I can be there by car in 2 hours.

No. I've been to New York state but not city, and I was too young to remember. How many days should one allot to do all the typical touristy things?

I was looking at bus tours the other night. Was thinking of using my sapphire points and getting a nice room somewhere centrally located. I've got a niece that lives there, but she's very busy with work I imagine, and don't want to count on her to have to show me around.

1. Join JF @ TGF

2. Play golf in Scotland

3. Ride gondola in Venice with my wife

4. Drink shitty beer while driving to Laughlin

5. Drag a White Supremacist behind my car for a mile

I have done 1.5 of those ..and "fake" Venetian gondola ride in Vegas.

No. I've been to New York state but not city, and I was too young to remember. How many days should one allot to do all the typical touristy things?

I was looking at bus tours the other night. Was thinking of using my sapphire points and getting a nice room somewhere centrally located. I've got a niece that lives there, but she's very busy with work I imagine, and don't want to count on her to have to show me around.

I'd say 4 or 5 nights would be plenty. I've spent a fair amount of time there in the last 15 years and have a lot of go to spots- restaurants, bars etc that I visit everytime I'm there . If you need any suggestions don't hesitate to ask! Also I always stay at the same hotel which is a great deal for the location , save about $100/ night compared to staying in heart of Times Square but still in walking distance to Times Square . You should visit Borgata in AC while you're there too you would love it . But in that case 4-5 nights wouldn't be nearly enough lol

1 year....visit NYC

NYC is Phenomenal. But go for 36 Days, at the least. Not a week. Too much to see. Study what to visit, stuff like Warhol's Factory location, see whats there now...The Village, The Bowery....see whats at where CBGB's was....sneak onto Ellis Island if ya can and take pictures...stay overnight if possible. Staten Island, Coney Island...be up for Sunrise in NYC as many nights that turn to day as possible. The Dark Ominous Presence of Night completely transforms into New Birth-like Dawning of Newness. Rabbis walking places, People gardening tiny patches of land....the transformation is remarkable. Go to Monument Valley at NYY Stadium. Hang Out in Central Park, visit The Dakota or maybe don't (too sad). Definitely Devote Time to Bumming Cigarettes near The United Nations building, the variety of people you meet is amazing: they are from all over the world. You get a bunch of varied and totally interesting cigarettes, as well. Turkish, Arabian, UK Smokes....even Russian maybe.

Hang Out in Washington Square Park where the bushes whisper: "'Bo Joint" and if you agree a hand comes out from the bush extending to you a Joint of weed that is not Colombian and is rolled with way way way too much paper.

"Pinner" but, its The Experience.

Go to Newark and ride the train in with the Jersey Commuters, to arrive at Penn Station when NYC is headed to work. Pop Up outta Penn Station and just walk the streets aimlessly......

.....there is so much more.

Hit Up The Off Broadway shows, find out where the After-parties are, when there are those....meet and hang out with as many Artists as ya can.

Maybe see Alphabet City? If its less dangerous now, that is.

Theres so much more. Read as much about NYC History as ya can before ya go.

Great NYC info here men!

Yeah there is. Holy cow. Thanks Blue and MLD! I was thinking maybe 10 days to two weeks. I could always go back at a later date, but would like to make sure I see all the biggies at least....Times Square, Central Park. SOL, Empire State Building, Broadway show, Met museum of art etc...

Do you have any thoughts on those bus tours that take you around to all those places? I don't want to try to navigate the city on my own.

I'll have to find a hotel I was looking at and you guys can tell me if the location is good maybe.

Lol. I had to google "The Dakota" from Moneyline dog's post and I found this. No lie.

"Yoko Ono still lives in The Dakota and says she saw Lennon's ghost there"

Yeah, like I said: "maybe don't go."

Unless you like Ghosts.

Theres Ghosts around Tavern On The Green, at Central Park as well.....or whatever that restaurant is called....

Theres Ghosts in places in The Village as well. Ghosts all OVER the damn place on Ellis Island.

In Hindsight: I was Guilty, in my post, of assuming that you have no problem with Ghosts. Not-Intended though....accident.

Yeah, like I said: "maybe don't go."

Unless you like Ghosts.

Theres Ghosts around Tavern On The Green, at Central Park as well.....or whatever that restaurant is called....

Theres Ghosts in places in The Village as well. Ghosts all OVER the damn place on Ellis Island.

In Hindsight: I was Guilty, in my post, of assuming that you have no problem with Ghosts. Not-Intended though....accident.

Lol. Has nothing to do with Ghosts. There is a "Yoko Ono "curse in the baseball thread is all. I have no issue with ghosts as long as they have no issue with me!