Bucket list....

IAG

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the best time of year to visit New York in anyone's opinion?

Ive been 3x.  Twice in early June and once in mid-April.  Weather was somewhat nice all three times we were there with the exception of one of our June trips.  Rained all day and was COLD for us desert flat landers.  We didn't bring sweat shirts so we all had to buy them.  The next day it was gorgeous and warmed up nicely.  Seemed like about a 20 degree difference from one day to the next.  

When you actually start planning out your trip, bump this thread.  I'll share all of the things they we did and saw.  So much to do any see.  Wouldn't want to live there by any means, but it was one of my favorite places to visit.  Just a completely different world from the rest of the US.  

September, October . If you don't mind the cold then Christmas time is very nice as well but hotels will be more expensive.

That would work. I was thinking maybe early fall.

Spent all morning trying to find good tickets to Paul Simon tonight. It's only like a mile from my house, so seems silly not to go, but after all the texting and calling around to find really good seats, decided there are no really good seats to be found, and lost my enthusiasm.

See he is at Red Rocks on the 28th, so I could perhaps kill two birds with one stone and go "home," visit friends, and see him there – would be a better experience anyway..better venue, .would actually have plenty of people to go with there as opposed to here. Think that's the revised plan. Last time I was at RR was for Counting Crows..., i got drunk and bought like $200 worth of Tshirts...none of which I still have.

What is the best time of year to visit New York in anyone's opinion?

Thats a tough question. There is a serious Magic about NYC during the Christmas Season but the COLD is especially brutal as the skyscrapers act as a funnel to the severely cold wind whipping between them, Cold wind also whips in offa the waters: Hudson and not too far-away Ocean....

I grew up in L.A. area though so was not accustomed to such insane COLD. For one who grew up in Cold climate....maybe less bad but the severe cold was a real damper to me enjoying NYC

Its just FREEZIN'

I'll defer to others on this, don't take my dislike of cold due to thinned out blood due to having lived in mostly warm climates as a deterrent.

Did you grow up in Cold Climate though, IAG? Or Warm?

That would work. I was thinking maybe early fall.

Spent all morning trying to find good tickets to Paul Simon tonight. It's only like a mile from my house, so seems silly not to go, but after all the texting and calling around to find really good seats, decided there are no really good seats to be found, and lost my enthusiasm.

See he is at Red Rocks on the 28th, so I could perhaps kill two birds with one stone and go "home," visit friends, and see him there – would be a better experience anyway..better venue, .would actually have plenty of people to go with there as opposed to here. Think that's the revised plan. Last time I was at RR was for Counting Crows..., i got drunk and bought like $200 worth of Tshirts...none of which I still have.

RED ROCKS is Crazy Amazing place to see Concert. Red Rocks + a favorite artist should be on everyone's bucket list, its really great.

I saw The Clash there.

Thats a tough question. There is a serious Magic about NYC during the Christmas Season but the COLD is especially brutal as the skyscrapers act as a funnel to the severely cold wind whipping between them, Cold wind also whips in offa the waters: Hudson and not too far-away Ocean....I grew up in L.A. area though so was not accustomed to such insane COLD. For one who grew up in Cold climate....maybe less bad but the severe cold was a real damper to me enjoying NYCIts just FREEZIN'I'll defer to others on this, don't take my dislike of cold due to thinned out blood due to having lived in mostly warm climates as a deterrent.Did you grow up in Cold Climate though, IAG? Or Warm?

Grew up in the 605, so very used to cold-weather. I doubt that would faze me... Just might not be ideal for sightseeing...and if hotels are more expensive on top of that, I think fall might be better option.

Never been to NY either, what's there to do?

Hang Out in the Train Station and try to seduce Boston Girls as they are rushing to get to their trains.

Its like training for a Mile Race by running a bunch of Marathons. Enhances a males ability to handle rejection, some genuinely humorous responses & reactions are gotten and the "if you can make it there you can make it anywhere" rule: Severe Trial of trying to arrange Hook-Up with hurrying, scurrying, harried Boston Girls = by comparison later picking up girls under any other circumstances a guy is like Don Juan Casanova Unstoppable.

Having been thru the above. The strongest steel is forged from the hottest fire.

Along the same lines, similar test: Try to navigate Hook-Up with Chicago Girls MId-Town during Lunch Hour....

There are training opportunities....a guy can employ to make himself a better Pick-Up artist. Tinder is for Lazyfucks. Oldskool Pick-Up Mode....we need to fight for the preservation of our traditions

Grew up in the 605, so very used to cold-weather. I doubt that would faze me... Just might not be ideal for sightseeing...and if hotels are more expensive on top of that, I think fall might be better option.

Oh Hell's Bells. Disregard my Wimpy West-Coast analysis of Threat of NYC Winter.

To YOU, at least lmfao.

That Season's Change, in NYC is very very nice. The Trees start turning, the climate is xlnt the Wind Fresher...Central Park becomes literally Magickal...NYC is an amazing place.