CP3 to the Rockets

Timely Hitting

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.

This league trying to delude itself even more. Now the Clippers will be shit. More "friends" finding a way to play together. 

CP3 a pussy, as I always suspected.

Weird thing is Harden was great on the ball this year; it made him more engaged. Now next year he's back to playing the 2 and being off the ball. Seems to me that Harden would run D'Antonio's system better than CP3, but maybe CP3 actually prods and weaves like Nash.

He'll be good for it just like Nash, as you said.

He'll be good for it just like Nash, as you said.

yeah, i just don't see how it's much of an upgrade over Harden running the point. 

they just had a guy finish 2nd in the MVP voting playing PG and then traded to acquire a PG. They had real holes to fill; that wasn't one of them. 

Now if they had traded for Blake? Different story.

they can take pressure off each other though timely, dont get so caught up with positions. Its a versatile league now

Cavs two best players are both essentially PGs. Lebron is at his best controlling the ball and he is a better actual PG by the accepted definition/role than Kyrie, but having them both allows them to take possessions off and gives them both opportunites to play off the ball some

Chris Paul is has a great outside shot and makes great quick decisions. He'll work well in that offense. He holds the ball a bit long at times but so does Harden, that can be trained out of a player if they are being put into good spots by their coach/teammates

CP3 should be a great fit there. Harden doesnt have to carry the scoring/playmaking load completely now and if he has a bad game like gm 6 vs SA they arent sunk. Thats the big bonus in GS, Steph can be terrible and GS can still be incredibly tough to beat. Klay was bad most of the playoffs and they still dominated. if Harden was bad for Houston they lost

They still arent really that close to GS i dont think, but they could be better than SA now

they can take pressure off each other though timely, dont get so caught up with positions. Its a versatile league now

Cavs two best players are both essentially PGs. Lebron is at his best controlling the ball and he is a better actual PG by the accepted definition/role than Kyrie, but having them both allows them to take possessions off and gives them both opportunites to play off the ball some

Chris Paul is has a great outside shot and makes great quick decisions. He'll work well in that offense. He holds the ball a bit long at times but so does Harden, that can be trained out of a player if they are being put into good spots by their coach/teammates

CP3 should be a great fit there. Harden doesnt have to carry the scoring/playmaking load completely now and if he has a bad game like gm 6 vs SA they arent sunk. Thats the big bonus in GS, Steph can be terrible and GS can still be incredibly tough to beat. Klay was bad most of the playoffs and they still dominated. if Harden was bad for Houston they lost

They still arent really that close to GS i dont think, but they could be better than SA now

There is a vast difference between a 2 guard and a PG in the NBA still. In D'antonio's system the PG has a higher usage rate than pretty much every system in the NBA; the PG is the focal point of the offense and runs nearly every set. It's not as easy as saying this time up the floor you take it, next time I will. CP3 has never played off the ball in his career, and I can't imagine it's a skill he's all that great at. Harden can play off the ball, but it seems he's better running the offense given his offensive output and efficiency doing it last year.

Harden was great at carrying the play-making last year; it was the best season of his career by a lot. The last thing Houston needed was another guard playmaker. They had shot makers and play makers all over the perimeter last season; that wasn't their weakness.