Strong recommendation to buy SILVER

WVU

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have virtual siver and real silver.  They are cool to look at.  you can't look at futures contracts.  Well you can, but it would be boring

You can lever future contracts to at least 10x the capital you would invest in buying the commodity outright.  Very low margin requirements on the exchanges for silver, gold, etc.

If you're price speculating and making money doing it, that's a huge difference in your bottom line.  If you're not making money in it, it's also a huge difference as well though.

Silver is a reasonable investment, but it's been stuck in a trading range for years, just avoid anything peddled on the coin shows on cable, they're all ripoffs. Silver is approx $17 and they'll charge $35 + for graded crap where the grade is meaningless since every coin ever produced will remain perfect.

Silver is a reasonable investment, but it's been stuck in a trading range for years, just avoid anything peddled on the coin shows on cable, they're all ripoffs. Silver is approx $17 and they'll charge $35 + for graded crap where the grade is meaningless since every coin ever produced will remain perfect.

Coin shows unlimited after TVG horses are done.

Brick. I looked at the reviews of Western Mall guy vs Empire guy....like night and day. So glad u mentioned that. Didn’t realize so much hatred for CAC.

Yeah ive been to both and will never go back to CAC.  First time i went to the western mall one i had the same conversation with him and told him about difference in reviews between the two places and said it wasnt the first time hes heard that and wont be the last.  He knows the other guy sucks too.

Yeah ive been to both and will never go back to CAC.  First time i went to the western mall one i had the same conversation with him and told him about difference in reviews between the two places and said it wasnt the first time hes heard that and wont be the last.  He knows the other guy sucks too.

Saw the guy at WM today. Definitely nicer than guy at Empire, I probably would have done better going to a pawn shop or a jeweler though. Live and learn.

wow better at a pawn shop? What did you sell, the silverware?

No,lol. Didn’t sell the silverware....yet........ ha....sterling silver creamer/sugar, about 5 gold rings (various stones no diamonds) , white gold bracelet, gold necklace, sterling bracelet, 3 gold earrings, sterling souvenir fork. I think I got $240.

The reason I say I would have done better at a pawnshop, is that I showed him my wedding ring...and he offered less than 1/3 than the MINIMUM amount I was offered at two pawn shops. This was after I had sold him all the rest, ..and I had no idea of the other stuff anyway other than the sugar/creamer which were selling about $100 avg on ebay.

I had a few other rings with diamonds, I asked him if it wouldn’t make sense to remove the diamonds or sell to pawn/jeweler as is because he doesn’t really factor in the stone? He said not really, and gave some explanation about stone weight etc. didn’t make much sense to me,,kind of felt like so what evading question, so I didn’t have him look at any more diamonds. Basically I sold him the stuff I had no attachment to and didn’t want to mess with.

Oh and he offered me $50 on one gold ring with some large pink stone and white diamonds surrounding . I don’t know anything about it, but he claimed not to know the stone or anything else.. Well I am fairly certain anyway, I took that one back and will take to jeweler. So either he knew more than he was saying, or he didn’t know enough about precious and semi-precious stones to make me comfortable in selling him those without second opinion.

Really pleasant, patient. guy though. I read it was under new ownership last few months or this year? So not sure all those reviews are for him...maybe so...forget dates in reviews.

He was probably fair on the plain metals...plain silver bracelet, etc...although I took a plain white gold necklace to CAC years ago and he gave me $600 for it....gold was at about a comparable price as now. That necklace had been purchased for 800. I probably should have checked a few places but really just trying to purge.

No,lol. Didn’t sell the silverware....yet........ ha....sterling silver creamer/sugar, about 5 gold rings (various stones no diamonds) , white gold bracelet, gold necklace, sterling bracelet, 3 gold earrings, sterling souvenir fork. I think I got $240.

The reason I say I would have done better at a pawnshop, is that I showed him my wedding ring...and he offered less than 1/3 than the MINIMUM amount I was offered at two pawn shops. This was after I had sold him all the rest, ..and I had no idea of the other stuff anyway other than the sugar/creamer which were selling about $100 avg on ebay.

I had a few other rings with diamonds, I asked him if it wouldn’t make sense to remove the diamonds or sell to pawn/jeweler as is because he doesn’t really factor in the stone? He said not really, and gave some explanation about stone weight etc. didn’t make much sense to me,,kind of felt like so what evading question, so I didn’t have him look at any more diamonds. Basically I sold him the stuff I had no attachment to and didn’t want to mess with.

Oh and he offered me $50 on one gold ring with some large pink stone and white diamonds surrounding . I don’t know anything about it, but he claimed not to know the stone or anything else.. Well I am fairly certain anyway, I took that one back and will take to jeweler. So either he knew more than he was saying, or he didn’t know enough about precious and semi-precious stones to make me comfortable in selling him those without second opinion.

Really pleasant, patient. guy though. I read it was under new ownership last few months or this year? So not sure all those reviews are for him...maybe so...forget dates in reviews.

He was probably fair on the plain metals...plain silver bracelet, etc...although I took a plain white gold necklace to CAC years ago and he gave me $600 for it....gold was at about a comparable price as now. That necklace had been purchased for 800. I probably should have checked a few places but really just trying to purge.

any idea what this guy would pay for an ounce of silver?

When you sell gold especially you have to know the value of what you're selling. Weigh the ring on a sensitive gram scale and then factor in that it's prob 14K to get your gold value. With gold at around $1300 an ounce you could prob get something in the 11's per ounce. $50 for a ring seems way low.