Cryptos are done

D-Hustle

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the silly phase was when smaller cryptos were going up 3x or 10x in a week... that kind of activity is always indicative of a top

you're right with regards to btc/eth, it's hard to know for certain which direction they will head but deep down i think you know the party is over.  i would guess that over 90% of the current top 100 coins are going to be worth almost nothing within a year or two, totally different than "real assets".

Yeah, I kind of knew during alt mega rally that it was too good to last...of course I knew on some level...was just hoping it would slow down, not stop.

I knew the big money making opps were over soon for me when Wall Street came in. More institutional money....more professional traders....I can’t compete/make money with them in picure regardless of the FUD and price...maybe some can, and maybe with time I could learn, but don’t feel like it’s my thing. Best I could hope for now is to research and find some decent cryptos and hold....If I want to lose money, I could resume sports betting. . It was sure good while it lasted though. From Thanksgiving to first week of January, was one of the funnest Times of my life.

Now I am fighting the urge. Sending money back-and-forth between Gemini and Binance...Any sign to the positive and I want to buy back in more alts, then I get spooked and want to cash out again. Seems impossible that Ethereum just went over $1000. 3 weeks ago. Seems like an eternity ago.

Yeah, I kind of knew during alt mega rally that it was too good to last...of course I knew on some level...was just hoping it would slow down, not stop.

I knew the big money making opps were over soon for me when Wall Street came in. More institutional money....more professional traders....I can’t compete/make money with them in picure regardless of the FUD and price...maybe some can, and maybe with time I could learn, but don’t feel like it’s my thing. Best I could hope for now is to research and find some decent cryptos and hold....If I want to lose money, I could resume sports betting. . It was sure good while it lasted though. From Thanksgiving to first week of January, was one of the funnest Times of my life.

Now I am fighting the urge. Sending money back-and-forth between Gemini and Binance...Any sign to the positive and I want to buy back in more alts, then I get spooked and want to cash out again. Seems impossible that Ethereum just went over $1000. 3 weeks ago. Seems like an eternity ago.

you made some money and had some fun, which is more than 99% of the population can say with regard to cryptos

current downdraft is pissing me off while i wait for confirmations  :doh

please tell me how to buy a put option on the price of Nano or Verge and i will do it immediately

i dont know all the worlds major exchanges and which ones have margins on anything specific or how to sign up for that service ta an exchange.

but I have read most of the top cryptos you can do it somewhere and the margin trading is pretty active as you you could crush it totally.

I might join you -  you have been the most accurate of posters in predicting some of the ups and downs of these crazy cryptos.

i dont know all the worlds major exchanges and which ones have margins on anything specific or how to sign up for that service ta an exchange.

but I have read most of the top cryptos you can do it somewhere and the margin trading is pretty active as you you could crush it totally.

I might join you -  you have been the most accurate of posters in predicting some of the ups and downs of these crazy cryptos.

let's find somewhere to do that!  i think we could find places to short, but buying puts is a lot better on the risk/reward scale...

you were one of the first on the forums to realize the potential of investing in cryptos rather than just using it for transfers... i have been lucky with a couple swings, definitely no crystal ball here other than knowing that some of the stock market stuff (riot) was a total scam, and others (gbtc) were ridiculously mispriced... gbtc should never have been worth more than .09 btc, yet btc was 19k and gbtc was 3520 (rather than 1700)

Ill do some searching and asking some persona Ive managed to meet and email, see what is possible, I thought there was some puts someplace.  really not sure.

the problem would be that they wouldn't give you the kind of leverage you would expect

for stock market stuff... if you want a riot $8 put for january 2020 it will cost you almost $5/share... so you pay $5 now for the right to sell the stock for $8 in 2 years and make a maximum of $3 profit (if it's at 0).  even if the stock goes to $2/share (from current 12, a drop of 83%) you only made 10%/year

Sold almost all my alts and sitting in very small amount of BTC and Eth. Wasn’t the plan this morning, but the more I read and see either fake news or shoddy journalism I think there will just be more panic selling coming.

Will wait and see what happens on the 6th while monitoring Tether situation.

https://www.coindesk.com/sec-cftc-chiefs-set-senate-crypto-hearing-next-week/

I thought it was bouncing back enough to get out at an okay price but no it’s collapsing harder.

I keep looking at the list of coins and prices are still 5 to 10 times what they were just a few months ago. At first I thought of that as a good sign, but now I’m beginning to realize it’s really a testament to how things got out of hand so quickly and how if Bitfinex goes down, how far things could still go... Ripple was at .25 seemingly forever. Eth at $72 just 7 mos ago. Neo at $8 (Antshares) etc etc....