Ranking Every NFL Starting QB From 1-32

Mike75

Ranking NFL starting quarterbacks from 1 to 32

Lots of variables are at play when figuring the rank of each starting QB. For instance one of the main things is body of work but that QB also needs to still be playing well heading into the regular season. Also if a QB is a rookie he is only gonna get so far because he is up against vets who have years of experience.

1. Tom Brady, Patriots: Turns 40 in August and has shown no signs of slowing down. Just won fifth Super Bowl and sixth Super Bowl ring would match Jordan's six NBA rings. Is 4th in all time passing yardage.

2. Aaron Rodgers, Packers: Led NFL with 40 TD passes last year; Thrown 109 TDs in the last three seasons, against just 20 INTs. Rodgers is the NFL's all-time career leader in passer rating during the regular season with a rating of 104.1 Won Super Bowl XLV.

3. Drew Brees, Saints: 38 years old and has led the league in passing yards each of the last three seasons and seven times for his career. Passed for over 5,000 yards in season five times—no other NFL quarterback has more than once. All time career leader in completion percentage 66.7, Won Super Bowl XLIV.

4. Matt Ryan, Falcons: Ryan is the NFL MVP coming off a fantastic season in which he finished with 4,944 yards, 38 TDs and 7 interceptions while leading the Falcons to the Super Bowl. Has 240TD/114INT in career. Going into 10th year and only missed 2 games entire career.

5. Russell Wilson, Seahawks: Wilson had a fifth straight season with 10 or more wins and a career-high 4,219 passing yards. Wilson has won more games (46) than any other NFL quarterback in his first four seasons. Currently the second highest rated NFL passer of all time at 99.6 behind Aaron Rodgers. Went to two straight Super Bowls winning Super Bowl XLVIII.

6. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers: Just turned 35 and currently ranks 9th all-time in NFL passer rating (94.0), tied for 6th in yards per attempt (7.93), and tied for 10th in completion percentage (63.85%). He has the fourth highest career winning percentage (.710) as a starter among QB's. One of six QB's in NFL history to have beaten 31 of the current NFL teams. Won Super Bowls XL and XLIII. Not as effective last couple seasons due to injuries.

7. Derek Carr, Raiders: Carr has led the revival of the Raiders franchise, and if not for a broken fibula suffered late last season, Oakland might have made a run in the AFC playoffs. Carr had 28 TDs and six INTs last season. Carr recently signed a new deal making him league's highest paid player in terms of average money per year.

8. Andrew Luck, Colts: Luck played well last year with 31 TDs and 13 interceptions with an average running game behind him. Luck is 43-27 as a starter. Luck has led the Colts to three playoff appearances including two AFC South division titles. In the 2013 NFL playoffs he led the Colts to the second largest playoff comeback in NFL history over Kansas City.

9. Marcus Mariota, Titans: Mariota will be entering his third year this season and only Tom Brady 6.1 and Aaron Rodgers 6.0 have a higher TD rate than Mariota (5.5%) since he started in NFL. Mariota is the first QB in modern NFL history with six four-TD performances in his first 22 career games. No other QB had more to start a career. Also led Titans to best red zone offense in the NFL throwing 33TD and 0 interceptions.

10. Eli Manning, Giants: Manning is the active iron man for consecutive starts by a quarterback. Manning is one of four quarterbacks in NFL history with at least 45,000 career yards, 300 touchdowns, four Pro Bowl appearances and two Super Bowl championships. He is the eighth all-time leader in passing yards, and seventh in passing touchdowns. The only issue he has is prone to throw too many interceptions at times. Won Super Bowls XLII and XLVI.

11. Philip Rivers, Chargers: Rivers is a six time Pro Bowl selection and also won the NFL Comeback Player Of The Year Award back in 2013. Since being named the Chargers starting QB in 2006 he has not missed a single game during that span. Thats 176 straight games over the past 11 years.

12. Cam Newton, Panthers: Newton is a three time Pro Bowler,NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year, NFL Offensive Player of the Year,NFL Most Valuable Player. Newton is the only player in the modern era to be awarded the Heisman Trophy, win a national championship, and become the first overall pick in an NFL draft within a one-year span. In his rookie year, Newton broke all-time NFL rookie records for passing and rushing yards. He became the first NFL quarterback to throw for 400 yards in his first game.

13. Matthew Stafford, Lions: Stafford has passed for 4,000 yards or more in each of the last six seasons, and he’s taken the Lions to the playoffs three times in that stretch. He's put up over 30,000 passing yards in record time in just his ninth year in the league. Stafford threw a career-low 10 interceptions and engineered a league record eight 4th quarter comebacks last season. Stafford is the fourth quarterback in NFL history to throw for over 5,000 yards in a single season.

14. Kirk Cousins, Redskins: Cousins finished third in the NFL with 4,917 yards and added 25 TDs last season. He's finished top 10 in QBR, passer rating, completion percentage and yards per attempt each of the last two years. In 2015 Cousins was first in the league and led the NFL in completing 70% of his passes. Cousins became the first quarterback in NFL history to be franchise tagged in consecutive years.

15. Carson Palmer, Cardinals: Palmer has enjoyed three 4,000-yard seasons in the last four years teamed with coach Bruce Arians, and he could get to 50,000 career yards passing with a few more seasons like that. Palmer is a three time Pro Bowler. 2 times FedEx Air Player of the Year. On August 5, 2016, Palmer signed a one-year, $24.35 million contract extension with the Cardinals.

16. Alex Smith, Chiefs: Smith has led the Chiefs to three playoff appearances in four years and is 22-9 as Kansas City’s starter the last two seasons. Smith was the first overall pick in the 2005 NFL Draft and this will be his 13th season. He is a two time pro bowler. Most consecutive passes in the playoffs without an interception as well.

17. Dak Prescott, Cowboys: 2016 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year. He tied the Ben Roethlisberger 2004 rookie record of winning 13 games as a starter. Broke the record for most consecutive pass attempts without an interception to start a career. Finished his 2016 rookie regular season with a record 11 games with an over 100 NFL passer rating. His 67.76% pass completion percentage broke the rookie record of 66.44% set by Ben Roethlisberger.

18. Jameis Winston, Buccaneers: He just turned 23, and has already passed for 50 TDs and 8,000 yards. Was Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year for 2015. He tied an NFL rookie, and Buccaneers franchise, record with 5 touchdown passes in one game. Youngest player to pass for 40 touchdowns and 4,000 yards passing.

19. Joe Flacco, Ravens: Was Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year in 2008. As a rookie starting quarterback, he won 13 games, 11 during the regular season becoming the first rookie quarterback in league history to win two road playoff games. With Flacco as Baltimore's starting quarterback, the Ravens have won the AFC North twice, appeared in three AFC Championship Games, and won Super Bowl XLVII. Flacco has cooled off the last few years as the Ravens have missed postseason three of last four years.

20. Andy Dalton, Bengals: Dalton is a three time Pro Bowler. Dalton and All-Pro wide receiver A.J. Green have become a prolific quarterback/receiver combination and broke NFL records for completions and yards for a rookie quarterback/receiver combination. Dalton is one of six quarterbacks in NFL history to have thrown for over 3,000 yards in each of his first three seasons. Dalton is one of five quarterbacks to lead his team to the playoffs in each of his first four seasons.

21. Ryan Tannehill, Dolphins: Tannehill was the first quarterback selected by the Dolphins in the first round since Dan Marino in 1983. He threw for 431 yards as a rookie week four surpassing the Dolphins' single-game record for most passing yards by a rookie quarterback, set by Dan Marino in 1983. Tannehill became the 64th quarterback in NFL history to post a perfect 158.3 passer rating vs Houston in 2015. In the same game, Tannehill set the all-time NFL record for consecutive completed passes with 25.

22. Tyrod Taylor, Bills: Taylor was drafted in the sixth round of the 2011 NFL Draft by the Baltimore Ravens. The Ravens played him at quarterback in spite of the fact many of the other 31 teams believed he would better be suited at wide receiver instead. He is a 2015 Pro Bowler and won a Super Bowl ring as a backup QB for the Ravens. For his career he has 37TD and 14INT so far and looks promising going forward. Taylor became only the fifth quarterback in NFL history to throw for at least 100 yards, run for at least 70 yards and catch a pass in a single game vs Titans in week five of 2015 season.

23. Sam Bradford, Vikings: Bradford enjoyed an efficient season as Minnesota's starter with 20 TDs, five interceptions and a league-best 71.6 completion percentage in 2016. His 71.6 completion percentage set an all time single season NFL record, passing Drew Brees's 2011 mark of 71.2. Single-season completion record percentage set with two different teams. NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year for 2010.

24. Carson Wentz, Eagles: Wentz was selected by the Eagles with the second overall pick of the 2016 NFL Draft. Had a good rookie season (16 TDs, 14 INTs) but the learning curve was steep from I-AA to the NFL. Set an NFL record for most pass completions by a rookie QB with 379. NFL Offensive Rookie of the Month in September.

25. Brian Hoyer, 49ers: Moves on to his 6th team in nine years, and he's coming off a good run in Chicago (67 percent completions, 6 TDs, 0 INTs in six games), plus he gets a good offensive mind (Kyle Shanahan). Hoyer is 16-15 as a starter.

26. Mike Glennon, Bears: The Bears paid a lot to land Glennon, a backup with the Buccaneers who has a 5-13 record as a starter. He has 30TD and 15INT in his four years with the Bucs. Although he was paid starter money once again he is with a team who have someone else in mind as long term starter.

27. Trevor Siemian, Broncos: Siemian will have competition from 2016 first-round pick Paxton Lynch and 2017 Mr. Irrelevant Chad Kelly in training camp. Siemian showed flashes last season with an 8-6 record as a starter, but he needs to stay healthy. Siemian compiled an 18-10 touchdown-to-interception ratio and an 84.6 passer rating.

28. Cody Kessler, Browns: Hue Jackson clearly likes him and Kessler was decent as a rookie (65 percent completions, 6 TDs, 2 INTs). Kessler is in a three-way competition with Brock Osweiler and DeShone Kizer, and could be the Week 1 starter.

29. Blake Bortles, Jaguars: Bortles rounds out the bottom quarter of starting QBs in the NFL. Bortles is 11-34 as a starter entering his fourth year, and the team patience level is running thin. Perhaps the addition of star running back Leonard Fournette will help. Bortles puts up decent stats but throws too many interceptions. The Jaguars picked up the fifth-year option on Bortles' contract.

30. Josh McCown, Jets: McCown, who threw for 1,100 yards and six TDs last season, could start over Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg for the Jets, but that’s not exactly a high vote of confidence. McCown is 5-22 as a starter the past four seasons between stops with Chicago, Tampa Bay and Cleveland.

31. Tom Savage, Texans: Savage's 3-year career in Houston: Five games, 0 TDs, 1 interception, one fumble.

32. Jared Goff, Rams: Only appeared in seven games as a rookie,0-7 and didn't get a win. Offseason present? New coach, new offense.  22 year old Jared Goff the youngest QB in NFL is now teamed with the youngest NFL coach in history in 31-year-old Sean McVay.   L.A. fans get a new team and are stuck with this.

• 4 weeks later...

NFL QB’s from oldest to youngest........

I'm gonna seperate them into different tiers or groups....

Might be nearing retirement or only so many seasons left

New England–Tom Brady….40 years old/18th season

New Orleans—–Drew Brees…38 years old/17th season

N.Y. Jets— Josh McCown….38 years old/16th season

Arizona—–Carson Palmer…. 37 years old/15th season

NY Giants—-Eli Manning… 36 years old/14th season

Pittsburgh—Ben Roethlisberger….35 years old/14th season

San Diego—-Phillip Rivers….. 35 years old/13th season

The over 30,near 30 and 10 years or more group

Kansas City—-Alex Smith….33 years old/13th season

Green Bay—-Aaron Rodgers… .33 years old/12th season

Atlanta—–Matt Ryan….32 years old/10th season

Baltimore— Joe Flacco….32 years old/10th season

San Francisco—- Brian Hoyer…..31 years old/9th season

Detroit—–Matt Stafford…29 years old/9th season

Near 30 or played 7 seasons or more

Minnesota—Sam Bradford….29 years old/8th season

Cincy— Andy Dalton……29 years old/7th season

Washington—Kirk Cousins….29 years old/6th season

Miami—Ryan Tannehill….29 years old/6th season

Buffalo–Tyrod Taylor…28 years old/7th season

Carolina—–Cam Newton…28 years old/7th season

Seattle——-Russell Wilson……28 years old/7th season

Indy—Andrew Luck…28 years old/6th season

Over 25,In 4th season or already got first big payday

Chicago—-Mike Glennon…27 years old/5th season

Houston— Tom Savage…..27 years old/4th season

Oakland—–Derek Carr……26 years old/4th season

Denver—Trevor Siemian…..26 years old/3rd season

Jax—-Blake Bortles….25 years old/4th season

Under 25 years old

Tennessee—-Marcus Mariota….24 years old/3rd season

Philly——Carson Wentz…..24 years old/2nd season

Dallas—Dak Prescott…..24 years old/2nd season

Cleveland— Cody Kessler……24 years old/2nd season

Tampa Bay—–Jameis Winston…23 years old/3rd season

L.A. Rams—Jared Goff……22 years old/2nd season

The poorest kept secret in the NFL is QB Kirk Cousins leaving Washington after this year for big money in free agency in 2018 and that team will be the San Francisco 49ers.

Now i'm about to make a big prediction one that i feel so confident in i will bump it one year from today. That prediction is i think that this year is QB Alex Smith last year in Kansas City. Mahomes is the real deal.

Where do i think Smith will go in 2018???   

I think Smith will land a big contract from......the N.Y. Jets as Smith will groom the QB the Jets pick in next years draft.

Book it

So the cliffnotes version of how each teams future looks at QB.......

Some have a limited time left like Pittsburgh,New England,New Orleans,N.Y. Giants,L.A. Chargers,Arizona.

Some are set for a good while longer like Atlanta,Seattle,Green Bay,Detroit,Carolina,Indy,etc.

You also have some that are just starting that have many years left like Oakland,Tennessee,Tampa Bay,Dallas and Philly.

Minnesota,Miami,Buffalo and Washington are teams that either had a QB injured or going year to year.

Which leaves teams that are about to let a QB go,just drafted one last year or two or gonna draft one later this includes Houston,Chicago,Jacksonville,Cleveland,N.Y. Jets,San Francisco,Washington,Denver and L.A. Rams.

I watched Mike Glennon play last week, not impressed. The int TD was just an awful throw. All he has done is pout since the Bears drafted Trubisky. Wondering a little if he has another uninspiring game while Mitch plays good, how long will he be the starter in Chicago?. The trend lately has been the high picks getting thrown into the fire.

I watched Mike Glennon play last week, not impressed. The int TD was just an awful throw. All he has done is pout since the Bears drafted Trubisky. Wondering a little if he has another uninspiring game while Mitch plays good, how long will he be the starter in Chicago?. The trend lately has been the high picks getting thrown into the fire.

Trubisky could very well start game one if he continues to play well.  I think the Bears are having buyers remorse.

Seattle spent a shit ton of money on ex Packers QB Matt Flynn in 2012 and rookie Russell Wilson played well in preseason started regular season and Flynn was forgotten quick.

I think Chicago needs to remember 2012 Seattle. Forget about Glennons big contract all that matters is winning and if Trubisky does then the team will have a really good issue.

The poorest kept secret in the NFL is QB Kirk Cousins leaving Washington after this year for big money in free agency in 2018 and that team will be the San Francisco 49ers.

Now i'm about to make a big prediction one that i feel so confident in i will bump it one year from today. That prediction is i think that this year is QB Alex Smith last year in Kansas City. Mahomes is the real deal.

I think Smith will land a big contract from......the N.Y. Jets as Smith will groom the QB the Jets pick in next years draft.

Book it

Instead of New York i see Smith going to Jacksonville because they already have a good roster and are sick of drafting bad QB's. Smith will try and help Coughlin turn Jax into a winner not go to a rebuilding Jets my bad.

I can't believe Jax is actually thinking of starting Henne.  I get it.  Bortles has stunk, both last year, and in the exhibition season so far.  But he had a very good 2015, that if he can duplicate, puts Jax right in the division hunt.  Barring a trade for someone else, there is no way that anyone else should be starting at QB for them this year but Bortles.  Certainly not Henne.  If things get really bad later on in the season with Bortles, and they're out of any playoff possibility, maybe take a look at Brandon Allen, but playing Chad Henne in anything but emergency injury necessity is just stupid, and a waste of time.   

Brady is done.

Rodgers is #1.

Eli Manning ahead of too many quarterbacks better than him.

Manning is slipping big time and i think a lot of writers keep remembering the two super bowl wins. Flacco is slipping year to year as well but that super bowl win he had is the reason he takes up so much of Baltimore's cap room. Roethlisberger misses multiple games to injury every year a big reason Pittsburgh even though they have the best RB/WR and good line as well just can't get but so far and their backup isnt anything special.

I can't believe Jax is actually thinking of starting Henne.  I get it.  Bortles has stunk, both last year, and in the exhibition season so far.  But he had a very good 2015, that if he can duplicate, puts Jax right in the division hunt.  Barring a trade for someone else, there is no way that anyone else should be starting at QB for them this year but Bortles.  Certainly not Henne.  If things get really bad later on in the season with Bortles, and they're out of any playoff possibility, maybe take a look at Brandon Allen, but playing Chad Henne in anything but emergency injury necessity is just stupid, and a waste of time.   

If Jax can find a QB they could be dangerous. In fact it would not surprise me to see Jax and TN at the top of division at the end of the season.

Brady is done.

Rodgers is #1.

Eli Manning ahead of too many quarterbacks better than him.

GB will flame out in the playoffs again and won't make the SB for the foreseeable future. Of course Rodgers will be blameless as usual, it's always somebody else's fault.

Book it

Speaking of Alex Smith leaving in 2018 look at this. hmmmm....NFL.COM

NFL agent Tom Condon doesn't speak much publicly, but when he does, it usually comes with interesting insight.

This week, one of the most powerful agents in football spoke to "The Fuzzcast" with Ben Kremer and Pete Sweeney (#Fuzzcast) and was asked about one of his clients, Alex Smith. The Kansas City Chiefs traded a future first-round pick for the right to draft quarterback Patrick Mahomes, who could take Smith's job eventually. Condon doesn't sound worried his 33-year-old client would be hard-pressed to find work if the Chiefs move on with Mahomes.

"Alex Smith? I don't have to give him any advice," Condon said, via ArrowheadPride.com. "He knows exactly what to do, and he's been in some really tough situations before, and he's as tough as an old boot. And so he knows just what he's got to do, and he'll play really well, and for the team, they're hoping that Pat is going to be their future, but Alex is the present, and as good a football player as he is, he's going to have opportunities whether it's in Kansas City or someplace else."

With the dearth of solid quarterbacks hitting the market every year, Smith won't be without work whenever the Chiefs move on -- Smith's contract is up after 2018, but K.C. could cut bait next year and save $17 million on the salary cap. Condon knows Smith will find work. Heck, there will probably even be a bidding war. Tough old boots never go out of style.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000830654/article/alex-smiths-agent-says-qb-will-remain-in-demand?campaign=tw-nf-sf107210709-sf107210709&sf107210709=1