Saratoga 2017

rdalert447

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday 8/20/17

The beatings will continue until morale improves. Got caught sleeping yesterday with that Pletcher long shot. Only way to ever get a price on him here is off a long layoff, going long on turf. $44 horse. Yuck. Add it to the list of missed opportunities at the Old Spa.

Race 2

$20 win #1 Exulting 5-1

$2 ex 1/3,8,10

I always like to play McLaughlin off these longer layoffs. He already has two wins here with that move.

Race 4

$20 win #9 Swift One 10-1

$5 exbx 3-9

$2 DD 3,9/3

Only time to play Chris Englehart is sprinting in a dirt Claimer. He's got two in here, so leaning to the longer price. Making its third start of the meet already. Has good enough early speed, and should be super sharp after two quick turnarounds.

Race 5

$20 win #3 Layla Noor 5-1

Delacour/Lael becoming a force to be reckoned with in the Mid Atlantic, but as I mentioned yesterday, they're tough to get a price on. With two Chad horses, a Mott, and a McGaughey, we should see better than the morning line.

Race 8

$20 win #3 Ready for Summer 12-1

Klesaris claimed this one back in 2015, then layed her up for TWO YEARS, before running her twice at Parx. Surprisingly, those races were pretty good considering. Sharp guy who's horses have run good so far.

Race 10

$40 win #1 Bookew Bucks 8-1

$2 ex 1/ALL

Prices on the Weaver horses have disappeared. Hoping his second time over the course entrants pick up some slack.

See you at the Windows!

Ok RD I think you're due. Have a little get together to go to today so don't have time to really look at anything. Will make the same bets as you did except will make the EX and DD bets for $5....thank you as always for your thoughts....and hell I just spread about a deuce over the whole day and not just 1 race....lol 

nice hit, rd

what a tilting day. have to vent somewhere

left home in NY at 7:40 AM for the long trip to NC

in Maryland, I was doing 75-80 in the left lane when some jackass in front of me slammed on the brakes. I slammed on mine as well, but wasn't fast enough to avoid making contact with his fender.

The jackass escaped with no damage. Meanwhile, my radiator started leaking.

waiting on the side of I-95 for over 2 hours (needed a tow truck and an Uber)

as a result, got a sunburn and didn't get to NC until 10:45 PM and only managed to bet two races all day. Missed rd's earlier bets and the big win

08/20 6:10 PM Del Mar Thoroughbred Club 10 $10.00 WP 4 $20.00 $0.00     08/20 6:00 PM Saratoga Thoroughbred 10 $15.00 WP 1 $30.00 $0.00     08/20 6:00 PM Saratoga Thoroughbred 10 $5.00 WPS 1 $15.00 $0.00

Monday 8/21/17

Race 3

$20 win #1 Over My Head 20-1

$1 ex ALL/1

Chronic second and third-itis type of horse, but has the right running style if a bad claiming race like this were to collapse up front, which happens a lot during the late stages of the meet. Some of these low level claimers are running on three legs and the owners are looking to dump. Morrison keeps throwing her out there because she keeps earning checks, so hoping she catches the right field today.

Race 5

$20 win #6 Ben of the Bridge 12-1

Love these Mid Atlantic shippers here at the Spa. They're a sharp group and are usually overlooked for some reason, but if you look at the NY training colony, many good ones have gotten their start on that circuit.

Race 6

$40 win #5 For Honor 12-1

$2 ex 5/ALL

Hoping Weaver heats back up after a mini slump. 9 month layoff for this one, but it's a high class horse who is 1 for 1 at Spa.

Waiting for scratches before betting race 7. Looking at either the 12 or 14, if one gets in.

Good luck!

nice hit, rd

what a tilting day. have to vent somewhere

left home in NY at 7:40 AM for the long trip to NC

in Maryland, I was doing 75-80 in the left lane when some jackass in front of me slammed on the brakes. I slammed on mine as well, but wasn't fast enough to avoid making contact with his fender.

The jackass escaped with no damage. Meanwhile, my radiator started leaking.

waiting on the side of I-95 for over 2 hours (needed a tow truck and an Uber)

as a result, got a sunburn and didn't get to NC until 10:45 PM and only managed to bet two races all day. Missed rd's earlier bets and the big win

08/20 6:10 PM Del Mar Thoroughbred Club 10 $10.00 WP 4 $20.00 $0.00 08/20 6:00 PM Saratoga Thoroughbred 10 $15.00 WP 1 $30.00 $0.00 08/20 6:00 PM Saratoga Thoroughbred 10 $5.00 WPS 1 $15.00 $0.00

Sunburn is the worst!!

Adding:

Race 7

$20 win #14 Rooftop View 15-1

$2 exbx 14/8,11

I bet this horse five days ago and mentioned how Lauer's horses always show up running, but second time out they were slightly better. This one gave a good effort last out here, dropping back in with NY Breds after a race at Belterra. The slightest check on the final turn cost it a top three finish. Hoping the stretch out helps.

Monday 8/21/17

Race 3

$20 win #1 Over My Head 20-1

$1 ex ALL/1

Chronic second and third-itis type of horse, but has the right running style if a bad claiming race like this were to collapse up front, which happens a lot during the late stages of the meet. Some of these low level claimers are running on three legs and the owners are looking to dump. Morrison keeps throwing her out there because she keeps earning checks, so hoping she catches the right field today.

Race 5

$20 win #6 Ben of the Bridge 12-1

Love these Mid Atlantic shippers here at the Spa. They're a sharp group and are usually overlooked for some reason, but if you look at the NY training colony, many good ones have gotten their start on that circuit.

Race 6

$40 win #5 For Honor 12-1

$2 ex 5/ALL

Hoping Weaver heats back up after a mini slump. 9 month layoff for this one, but it's a high class horse who is 1 for 1 at Spa.

Waiting for scratches before betting race 7. Looking at either the 12 or 14, if one gets in.

Good luck!

Guess I'll go with George as well....Going to go EX 5/7,8....8 looks interesting

Wed 8/23/17

Race 3

$40 win #4 Majestic Dunhill 6-1

$2 ex 4/ALL

$5 DD 4/6

Race 6

$40 win #2 Winning Element 9-2

$2 ex 2/ALL

Still hoping Weaver's second time over the course runners start firing. Waiting to see odds for race 8. Interested in both the Voss horse and Weaver horse, but think the Weaver might get bet. Race is named for a legendary horse that Voss' father trained, so figure she's been pointing here all year.

Wed 8/23/17

Race 3

$40 win #4 Majestic Dunhill 6-1

$2 ex 4/ALL

$5 DD 4/6

Race 6

$40 win #2 Winning Element 9-2

$2 ex 2/ALL

Still hoping Weaver's second time over the course runners start firing. Waiting to see odds for race 8. Interested in both the Voss horse and Weaver horse, but think the Weaver might get bet. Race is named for a legendary horse that Voss' father trained, so figure she's been pointing here all year.

Sweet RD sorry I missed that one!