White Sox Bullpen

Timely Hitting

This is probably the worst collection of arms in the history of a MLB bullpen.

The White Sox actually had a very good bullpen before they traded everyone away.

In the past week+ they have traded:

Robertson

Kahnle

Swarzak

Jennings

That's their 6-7-8-9th inning guys; 3 of them very very good and one of them OK.

They also lost Nate Jones to a season ending injury.

The White Sox bullpen now consists of:

Tyler Clippard (5.04 FIP/5.26 ERA)

Jake Petricka - coming off the DL and still not healthy after two years of injuries (5.22 FIP/9.28 ERA)

Chris Beck - (5.96 FIP/4.76 ERA)

Juan Minaya (4.17 FIP/5.23 ERA)

David Holmberg (5.83 FIP/3.69 ERA)

Gregory Infante (4.37 FIP/4.5 ERA)

Brad Goldberg (11.61 FIP/14.73 ERA)

Aaron Bummer (No MLB stats - a situational lefty who had a decent year in the minors)

This is another level of putrid.

White Sox overs will be +money the rest of this year; I'd bet on that.

If you want to bet the White Sox (no clue why anyone would) then FF only should be a rule. I have no clue who "closes" or "sets up." When Tyler Clippard might be your best bullpen arm, you have serious issues.

5d today has 6.5 +120

except for the 6 walks last game Pelfry has been on fire!

Yeah, but Pelfrey's problem is he can't go deep into games; teams figure him out. I don't think he's capable of pulling a Miguel Gonzalez either; so the Bullpen is going to come into the game today in the 6th or earlier. That means you have to pray for 4 innings that you get lucky.

I have a large position on CWS under 70 regular season wins.  While the future is bright for them, this season has been playing out exactly as I expected.  

They weren't good enough to contend and sold off all of their valuable assets.  The youngsters should have some growing pains and that entire pitching staff is downright atrocious right now.

I have a large position on CWS under 70 regular season wins. While the future is bright for them, this season has been playing out exactly as I expected.

They weren't good enough to contend and sold off all of their valuable assets. The youngsters should have some growing pains and that entire pitching staff is downright atrocious right now.

I have over 69 and wrote off my play.

I have a large position on CWS under 70 regular season wins.  While the future is bright for them, this season has been playing out exactly as I expected.  

They weren't good enough to contend and sold off all of their valuable assets.  The youngsters should have some growing pains and that entire pitching staff is downright atrocious right now.

I don't see many of the kids coming up this year either; Moncada we'll see the rest of the year.

We'll probably see Reynaldo Lopez in about a week.

I don't really see anyone else coming up until September call-ups though.

I have over 69 and wrote off my play.

yeah they'd have to finish the season 30-34; don't see that happening at all.

I see them finishing the season about 20-44 and losing 103ish games. They are going to move Melky too. The Bullpen and rotation - even if they call up Lopez - is atrocious. Lopez and Rodon have a lot of talent, and Gonzalez is steady I guess for a #5 but the others don't belong starting in the big leagues. Hahn's made a lot of great moves, but trading Tatis for Shields sure looks real bad.

I have a large position on CWS under 70 regular season wins. While the future is bright for them, this season has been playing out exactly as I expected.

They weren't good enough to contend and sold off all of their valuable assets. The youngsters should have some growing pains and that entire pitching staff is downright atrocious right now.

Redboard again lmfao

Timely - Tap House Grill has 35 cent wings today.  10 Boneless Exotic wings for 3.50 is quite the bargain.  Too bad their beer of the month is shit.  Had myself a Rosa with it, sucks when your beer costs twice as much as your meal.

I'm not a big fan of Rosa but sell a ton of it in the Summer. 

I haven't been there in forever; you at the one in Des Plaines or Westmont? I've only been to the one in Des Plaines.

I'm not a big fan of Rosa but sell a ton of it in the Summer. 

I haven't been there in forever; you at the one in Des Plaines or Westmont? I've only been to the one in Des Plaines.

Palatine.  went at 3 for a beer and wings.  Now back at work.  buddies all staying til the game tonight, but I don't think I can handle sitting with 4 Cubs fans as they destroy the Sox again.  I got awfully mouthy after game 1 and I'm not even a big sox fan I just hate the cubs.

They don't have alot of options for wings (3 sauces usually), but sundays they have 5 bucks for boneless (about 12 or so) on top of fries and its tough to pass up on NFL sundays, and the wife loves their wings.

Palatine.  went at 3 for a beer and wings.  Now back at work.  buddies all staying til the game tonight, but I don't think I can handle sitting with 4 Cubs fans as they destroy the Sox again.  I got awfully mouthy after game 1 and I'm not even a big sox fan I just hate the cubs.

They don't have alot of options for wings (3 sauces usually), but sundays they have 5 bucks for boneless (about 12 or so) on top of fries and its tough to pass up on NFL sundays, and the wife loves their wings.

that's a long day of drinking with the 6 o'clock start time. 

yeah, i though the World Series would make cub fans a little less obnoxious but it's been the exact opposite. 

yeah they'd have to finish the season 30-34; don't see that happening at all.

I see them finishing the season about 20-44 and losing 103ish games. They are going to move Melky too. The Bullpen and rotation - even if they call up Lopez - is atrocious. Lopez and Rodon have a lot of talent, and Gonzalez is steady I guess for a #5 but the others don't belong starting in the big leagues. Hahn's made a lot of great moves, but trading Tatis for Shields sure looks real bad.

They are in the position the Cubs were in 4 years ago. Won't call up any kids because you don't want to start the service time clock. Sucks for the fans but it had to be done. Detroit is going to wish they did this also.

Although Gillaspie is having a bad year at AAA, I think it's remarkable they got a guy who entered the year as a top 100 prospect for Dan Jennings; Jennings is terrible.

Rays #1 position prospect is a slugging LH bat so Gillaspie expendable and thus a possible good pickup. They were starting point for his older brother Conner a few years back

They are in the position the Cubs were in 4 years ago. Won't call up any kids because you don't want to start the service time clock. Sucks for the fans but it had to be done. Detroit is going to wish they did this also.

you could call them up now and it wouldn't effect their service time though. this won't count as a full year, and you have to figure that a lot of these guys will be up at some point next year; although if they wait until after the deadline next year then they do get one extra year, but i can't see them starting the season with none of these guys next year.