Movies. .. critics hated and you liked?

Gabe

• 2 years later...

Watched Margin Call last night......7.5

It was hard to take serious, it starts with an intern who stays late and discovers the firm is going broke, he calls his boss who is drinking at a club but then heads back to the office where he proclaimed that he doesn’t understand the screen and that the intern just needs to tell him what happened.

After the explanation he then calls his boss (Thursday night 11pm) and tells him it’s too big to explain he needs to get down to the office now which he does and he also proclaims to not know how to read the screen and needs it to be explained

Boss #2 calls his boss who shows up with a two person team and they get told what’s going on and he ask his two person team if they agree that the company is fvcked and they say ‘we’ll, the intern seems smart enuff, sounds right’

Boss #3 calls his boss who shows up in a helicopter (4am) and I swear to you he also doesn’t understand how things work and tells the intern to talk to him as if he was a child.

They could have done a better job....

Also there was a 23yr old intern who happened to be at the bar and for no reason I could think of was invited to everyone of these big meetings....to top it off he was drinking booze out of a brown bag in the office building

My #1 film that fits this category is Harlem Knights

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/harlem_nights

I cant believe how low this is rated by critics.

Yeah the story is kind of a mish mash but damn sam

RedFoxx, Richard Pryor, Eddie Murphy(when he was funny )in the main roles and

Danny Aiello, Della Reese(foul mouthed and tough was hilarious),Jasmine Guy(before she got ugly)

even Arsenio Hall was funny

If you like these comics then there is no fucking way that you will not be laughing your asses off during the movie.

Now if you dont like movies where the Black man outwits Whitey they you may want to pass :laugh

Here is a playlist of clips from the movie for those that want a preview and such

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFULQ0ljmYdR5HY3plpJLWJmDbWfALcGr

Here is a funny non spoil scene