Give me some things to do in Seattle

Timely Hitting

This thread worked out good for Portland, so figured I would start one for Seattle.

Flying into Seattle next Saturday - will be going to the Space Needle restaurant Saturday night so spare me that one.

Looked into Whale Watching Sunday but ran into a bit of a booking issue so not sure I'm going to make that happen.

It's the girlfriends birthday, and I'll be there until Tuesday night. 

Saturday, Sunday and Monday I'll be in Seattle. Tuesday I'll be in Bremerton.

Anyone have some things that are must see; good breakfast/restaurants/hiking/things to see? 

Same as last thread, traveled a lot in my life but never the Pacific Northwest so this will be my first trip to Seattle.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations. Some can be touristy, but also prefer some less crowded stuff.

Staying at the Pan Pacific on Saturday, but then an Air BnB the rest of the trip downtown.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly the best thing to do in Seattle is drive or ferry to Vancouver

She still hasn't gotten her passport back yet from applying for her Canadian Visa. She got approved for the Visa, but hasn't received her passport back yet so that's a no go this trip.

We're going from Seattle up to Victoria in October though, so we'll do that then.

Skip the Space Needle and eat at Canlis.

Skip Bremerton all together.

I'm going to check out the Space Needle - she hasn't been yet - but would prefer eating somewhere else as I imagine it's hyped up price wise because of the location. Just checked and looks like Canlis is all booked up; place looks amazing. Will have to check it out next time I'm out there in a month or so.

She lives in Bremerton so have to go there on Tuesday.

Outside of that, you have any Italian restaurant recommendations? I was looking at Agrodolce, Altura, and Il Terrazzo Carmine. She loves Italian food, so have to check out something really good there. 

Thanks, Jimmy.

Pike Place fish market, I was in Seattle 2 years ago for 2 days basically sat there and drank wine and ate good food, never budged.

Will check out Pike for sure during the day on Sunday.

Was thinking about making the drive over to Olympic National Park on Sunday. Anyone know if that's worth the trip or is Mt Rainer National Park nicer?

I'm going to check out the Space Needle - she hasn't been yet - but would prefer eating somewhere else as I imagine it's hyped up price wise because of the location. Just checked and looks like Canlis is all booked up; place looks amazing. Will have to check it out next time I'm out there in a month or so.

She lives in Bremerton so have to go there on Tuesday.

Outside of that, you have any Italian restaurant recommendations? I was looking at Agrodolce, Altura, and Il Terrazzo Carmine. She loves Italian food, so have to check out something really good there. 

Thanks, Jimmy.

LOVE Mama Stortinis for Italian. Their seafood fettuccine is excellent.

13 Coins is very good (american cuisine) and it's downtown. Olympic Hotel for breakfast or lunch.

If you have a dinner reservation at the Space Needle the elevator ride is free. So skip the restaurant level and have drinks on top. Eat elsewhere, very overpriced and not worth the price.

LOVE Mama Stortinis for Italian. Their seafood fettuccine is excellent.

13 Coins is very good (american cuisine) and it's downtown. Olympic Hotel for breakfast or lunch.

If you have a dinner reservation at the Space Needle the elevator ride is free. So skip the restaurant level and have drinks on top. Eat elsewhere, very overpriced and not worth the price.

Was looking at the Olympic before deciding on the Pan Pacific for a place to stay; Olympic room was $459 a night. Crazy for somewhere I'll never actually be. Will check it out for Breakfast though.

Thanks again. If you have any other recommendations, feel free to throw them out there. I have 3 dinners, 2 lunches and 2 breakfasts to cover.