Give me some things to do in Seattle

Timely Hitting

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out Kerry Park. It's a small neighborhood park with panoramic views of downtown.

Discovery Park has over 500 acres of wilderness.

Metropolitan Grill is a great steak house that is frequent by local professional ball players.

Kerry Park looks like a great place to take some pictures. 

Think I'm going to Metropolitan Grill on Sunday night.

Saturday night staying in Seattle - going to hit up Altura for dinner and walk around the city.

Sunday morning leaving and checking into my AirBNB in Gold Bar and then driving out to Leavenworth - something she wanted to do. Anyone know any good restaurants there. Really only going to be in Leavenworth at night because we're going hiking up to Colchuck Lake which is about a 6 hour hike; do that from 1030-430 and then head back to Leavenworth for dinner/shopping. Drive back Sunday night to our place in Gold Bar. Spend the night there, and then wake up and head back to Seattle; staying a little north of the city though in Lake Forest Park, but plan on spending Monday going down to Snoqualmie, and then into downtown Seattle for the night. 

Tuesday, maybe fish market.

Thanks for all the things to do; will check out most of them on Monday/Tuesday while I'm in Seattle. Any Leavenworth recommendations I'm all ears.

Leavenworth looks like a nice little place.  Hike looks nice, hopefully a beautiful day for nice pics there.

Enjoy.

thanks pal, i'm pretty excited for the hike. looks like one of the cooler alpine lakes i've seen. not an easy trek they said, but just bought a hiking backpack and bought her some poles just in case. 

Leavenworth looks like a European town stuck in the US. A pretty touristy place, but will be cool to see once.

edit: just bought her a real nice camera for her birthday, so hoping to snag some pictures with that.

thanks pal, i'm pretty excited for the hike. looks like one of the cooler alpine lakes i've seen. not an easy trek they said, but just bought a hiking backpack and bought her some poles just in case. 

Leavenworth looks like a European town stuck in the US. A pretty touristy place, but will be cool to see once.

edit: just bought her a real nice camera for her birthday, so hoping to snag some pictures with that.

Even if she thinks it's uncool to use them...Tell her to try them out, they work wonders.  Make sure your backpack comes with the camelbak bladder.  Buddy went out for his first hike and never used his backpack...Got out there and realized it didn't come with a bladder, so had to just bring water bottles.

A big camera or compact?

Even if she thinks it's uncool to use them...Tell her to try them out, they work wonders.  Make sure your backpack comes with the camelbak bladder.  Buddy went out for his first hike and never used his backpack...Got out there and realized it didn't come with a bladder, so had to just bring water bottles.

A big camera or compact?

Yeah, it has one of those water holders. 3 liters i think. has a solar panel for charging too but no clue how well that works. I'll probably bring some water bottles just in case; people said 3-4 liters a water per person was on average. I'm bringing lunch and what not in the pack, and some warmer clothes in case it gets cool up there; almost some swimsuits in case it's nice. Can bring her Camera and all the shit she has to bring with her everywhere for no reason in there too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BPH4Q10/ref=s9_acsd_topr_hd_bw_bCf6T_c_x_4_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-5&pf_rd_r=K5TA1H1G6H1E8NHVRA7A&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=87d2a035-5f2a-50a4-93d7-a2960559aa53&pf_rd_i=3017941

was the camera; i know next to nothing about camera's but figure it's pretty nice.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Wireless-Control-Digital-Cameras/dp/B00BCEJ0E0/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1503605811&sr=1-3&keywords=canon+remote+shutter+release

https://www.amazon.com/GorillaPod-Flexible-Ballhead-Mirrorless-Cameras/dp/B002FGTWOC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503606193&sr=8-1&keywords=joby+gorillapod+slr+zoom

Look into one of those if you like to take pictures together and not bother people

And even with the shutter release it works nice if you use a little tripod because then you don't shake the camera at all when pressing the shutter on camera

Leavenworth looks like a nice little place.  Hike looks nice, hopefully a beautiful day for nice pics there.

Enjoy.

I'm not going to lie, that hike kicked my ass. It was a little longer than the 8 miles listed and it was really vertical at points and very bouldery. Was amazing at the end though. Will upload some pictures in a little.

Seattle a really cool city. Didn't get many pictures from Pikes; place was packed and it was hot - 88 degrees. Driving there is more disastrous than Chicago though; jfc. Hilly, crooked streets and buses on every single block.

Went to the mall and then Mama Stortinis for lunch - thanks Hoffa, she loved the pasta. 

Leavenworth was a really cool town; only a couple pictures, because got back from the hike later than expected. Spent more time on the mountain than we thought and ended up coming back for dinner.

Spent a night in Gold Bar and the stars were pretty amazing; saw the biggest/coolest shooting star I've seen; got so deep in the atmosphere it looked like a fireball and turned orange. We were right between the cascades pretty high up. 

I'm heading back there quite a bit the next 4 months so everything I didn't try this trip I will do. Enjoyed Altura more than I enjoy Alinea; the food was more up my alley. Saw a goat on the hike up to Colchuck lake but my GF was a dope and get "scared" and yelled so didn't get a great picture of it. That would be a cool place to camp over night even though I'm sure it gets pretty cold. The water was cold as would be expected from an Alpine/Glacial lake. Don't think we could have picked a cooler lake/hike to take though. Well worth the nearly 3 hour drive from Seattle and the pain in the ass hike.