might start a family

KingKolzig

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious dialogue here. How do people meet each other anymore?

Let's round the age up to 40. Refrain from alcohol eliminates bars, which doesn't seem like a prime stomping ground at 40, unless you were into a specific scene. You will have random chance encounters, but nothing to be hopeful about.

Possibly a gym. Church is more prospective than random encounters.

Is it just online now?

Work, depending on the size of the company.

Who knows. I'm a few years from 40 and am single for the first time in years. I assume online is the best bet but not really into it. Dont really like to drink much these days but may need to start again since bars are probably the easiest way to meet someone in real life. Gym maybe. But it's tough, ime

Hahaha. No reason at all to be sorry. Was my choice. It was for the best and I'm 100% happy with the decision.

Appreciate the concern though!

Nah man.  That's a lot of time invested.  Might be for the better moving forward.  But still sucks.  

Partnership with someone who you enjoy is a big bonus in life.  Hope you can reel another in soon.   :cheers

Who knows. I'm a few years from 40 and am single for the first time in years. I assume online is the best bet but not really into it. Dont really like to drink much these days but may need to start again since bars are probably the easiest way to meet someone in real life. Gym maybe. But it's tough, ime

Bar is a no no if looking for a real relationship that might last....gym you are usually gonna come off as a creeper

Pro tip...Dog park. Volunteer/part-time temp job as dog walker to work on days off or whenever....if into pets get a dog yourself. You will be surprised how many attractive and single down to earth girls you will meet. Dogs do the ice breaking part....gl

Bar is a no no if looking for a real relationship that might last....gym you are usually gonna come off as a creeper

Pro tip...Dog park. Volunteer/part-time temp job as dog walker to work on days off or whenever....if into pets get a dog yourself. You will be surprised how many attractive and single down to earth girls you will meet. Dogs do the ice breaking part....gl

Agree about the gym thing. Too creepy.

I've honestly never actually looked for dates, have always kinda fallen in my lap somehow. Guess I've been fortunate like that. Going to Europe for a few weeks but after that might give the online thing a shot more for hook ups rather than real dating. Not interested in getting into another relationship for awhile. Single life has been great so far.

Would suck to be single . I would have been lost at where to begin 15 years ago. This day and age? Shoot me. :gun

Good luck Joe. It will fall into your lap. The good ones do...

Nonsense...thats 1970 speak. U gotta hunt then nowadays in vunerable places like dog parks because their guard is down. If u really wanna go for it joim some yoga or spin classes

Otherwise might not fall into ur lap till ur pushing 50

Very tricky at at 39. First, you have to find a fertile woman which means you have to get a girl in her 20s. At 39, you are really getting the castoffs in that category. Alternatively, you can get a woman in her 30s just divorced and with a mortgage and two already. Then you get instant family and get to be step dad.

Might just want to stick to props at this point. You've got bad odds.