Legendary poster, RMI, is on a roll...

KingRevolver

I was there the day a pro hit 100K dealt royal on the quarter 100-play....................I was also there the day RMI hit a 40K dealt royal on the dime 100-play.

Think RMI hit two nickel dealt royals for 20k each, and one 40k dealt on the dime, all three just months apart.

Yes, you can luckbox into a big win off of that play alone.  There's no doubt about that.  But there will be times where you will go on massive losing streaks on that play for months and perhaps years on end.  That was the point of the sim.  That's pretty evident when you look at the distribution.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you can luckbox into a big win off of that play alone.  There's no doubt about that.  But there will be times where you will go on massive losing streaks on that play for months and perhaps years on end.  That was the point of the sim.  That's pretty evident when you look at the distribution.

SO WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!

Its a stinking 2-8 hour play for professionals, depending on how they want to attack,........ on A MINOR PLAY!!

JFCJFC

Again, variance is a good friend of the professional VP player, in the fact it keeps many, many, many from playing.................................

SO WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!

Its a stinking 2-8 hour play for professionals, depending on how they want to attack,........ on A MINOR PLAY!!

JFCJFC

Again, variance is a good friend of the professional VP player, in the fact it keeps many, many, many from playing.................................

Again, you said that didn't happen with regularity.  Do I need to find your quote?

I was there the day a pro hit 100K dealt royal on the quarter 100-play....................I was also there the day RMI hit a 40K dealt royal on the dime 100-play.

Think RMI hit two nickel dealt royals for 20k each, and one 40k dealt on the dime, all three just months apart.

That doesn't matter at all here.

Simply put your (sic) numbers will not outrun normal variances.

I had you @ 0.0043/100

It doesn't in the grand scheme of things, JFC.................what, it happens 65% of the time in your fabulous SIM??.........big hairy deal

.,,,,,,,,,,,and that didn't include the card, mailers, and other incentives.

Of course, it includes the card and mailers.  Are you thick?  I used the $500 return YOU PROVIDED on the play.  That included the card freeplay and the mailer freeplays.

SO WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!

JFCJFC

i don't understand why you think variance is a good friend. 

the lower the ROI, the more likelihood of you experiencing extremely long droughts of non-profitability; especially when it comes to how tied the "success" is to the pay scales slanted towards the top paying hands with long long odds.

What size bankroll would be required to have a 1% risk of ruin playing only this mailer play over time at $25/hand?

​I have a bookshelf full of VP books , all about risk of ruin, blah, blah, blah, blah...................its unconcerning unless one is on a MASSIVE PLAY

​Like any pro is worried about risk of ruin on this play............LOLOLOL................I'm guessing most VP pros have a significant larger BR than you MONKEY, given your statements in forumville.

the lower the ROI, the more likelihood of you experiencing extremely long droughts of non-profitability; especially when it comes to how tied the "success" is to the pay scales slanted towards the top paying hands with long long odds.

I think he said the variance keeps alot of people out of the game and keeps it profitable for him.

It technically is, YES...............I like it because it keeps fleas from playing many attractive games.

​I have a bookshelf full of VP books , all about risk of ruin, blah, blah, blah, blah...................its unconcerning unless one is on a MASSIVE PLAY

​Like any pro is worried about risk of ruin on this play............LOLOLOL................I'm guessing most VP pros have a significant larger BR than you MONKEY, given your statements in forumville.

You don't know the answer?  You have VP books that mention it but you've never actually bothered to know what it is?  Or you're just incapable of doing the math?  What happens on $500/hand?  You think millions of dollars in variance isn't possible?  What about recommending bankroll size to the people you're "mentoring" and trying to convince them that VP is easy money?  What size BR do they need for certain games and at what denom?