Go Time. Fight of The Year. [In-Fight Thread]

The X

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the judge who had GGG winning only had him winning 115-113.

Would it make you happier if Byrd had 115-113 Canelo instead of 118-110?

Yes, 118-110 was bad, but what if she had scored it 115-113 for Canelo?

kinger, she didn't. That's the problem. If she saw it 118-110 her then her thoughts are meaningless. Her opinion shouldn't matter because she saw it 118-110.

A really good fight and canelo tried at the end to win by knockout or knock down but he didn't achieve that goal and lost a nice fight.

kinger, she didn't. That's the problem. If she saw it 118-110 her then her thoughts are meaningless. Her opinion shouldn't matter because she saw it 118-110.

A really good fight and canelo tried at the end to win by knockout or knock down but he didn't achieve that goal and lost a nice fight.

OK.  So, let's throw her card out the window to make you happy...

One judge had it 115-113 and the other judge had it 114-114

To me that says a very tight fight   :scratch

So why are people crying about the draw?

GGG looked more banged up after the fight. 7-5 either fighter or 6-6 were the acceptable scores IMO.

Canelo landed a higher percentage of power punches and total punches.  Guy's face was fuckin' clean at the end of the fight.  Guys saying he was going to get KTFO- what happened?  He made GGG miss and miss.  And GGG looked like he had been in a gas chamber at the end of the fight.  Huffing and puffing with a swollen face.

One judge had it 115-113 GGG, the other 114-114 draw.

But if they call it a close fight/draw?  "UNACCEPTABLE!  WHAT ABOUT THAT BAD 118-110 card????"

What about it?  It was a shit card.  But the fight was still fuckin' close.  Are we ignoring the other two judges now, too?  Are we ignoring the punch stats?  Are we ignoring that Canelo completely neutralized GGG's power and didn't get KO'ed like many said he would.  Are we ignoring the first four rounds and the last three rounds and only focusing on the middle rounds?  MY GOD!

:scratch

Canelo landed a higher percentage of power punches and total punches.  Guy's face was fuckin' clean at the end of the fight.  Guys saying he was going to get KTFO- what happened?  He made GGG miss and miss.  And GGG looked like he had been in a gas chamber at the end of the fight.  Huffing and puffing with a swollen face.

One judge had it 115-113 GGG, the other 114-114 draw.

But if they call it a close fight/draw?  "UNACCEPTABLE!  WHAT ABOUT THAT BAD 118-110 card????"

What about it?  It was a shit card.  But the fight was still fuckin' close.  Are we ignoring the other two judges now, too?  Are we ignoring the punch stats?  Are we ignoring that Canelo completely neutralized GGG's power and didn't get KO'ed like many said he would.  Are we ignoring the first four rounds and the last three rounds and only focusing on the middle rounds?  MY GOD!

:scratch

complain to the shit Judges

Balco, YDKSAB.

I called it a draw before they announced the scores. I know what I saw, and I was right.

Everyone else here was biased. GGG missed 500 punches. Missed all fuckin' night, and Canelo landed a higher percentage of punches, but these guys want to give GGG the fight with a draw being out of the question. LOL

Congrats

Balco, YDKSAB.

I called it a draw before they announced the scores. I know what I saw, and I was right.

Everyone else here was biased. GGG missed 500 punches. Missed all fuckin' night, and Canelo landed a higher percentage of punches, but these guys want to give GGG the fight with a draw being out of the question. LOL

Yes pal, you're the unbiased one.  The Mexican who bet Canelo and draw and named his dog after Canelo is unbiased  :laugh

No, she's actually one of the best in the business.

Great to see good judging.

No, she's not.  I don't think a draw was an outrageous result at all.  But her scorecard was outrageous.   She's incompetent, corrupt, or both.   This isn't her first brush with controversy.  https://www.si.com/boxing/2017/09/17/gennady-golovkin-canelo-alvarez-adalaide-byrd-scorecard-history

No, she's not. I don't think a draw was an outrageous result at all. But her scorecard was outrageous. She's incompetent, corrupt, or both. This isn't her first brush with controversy. https://www.si.com/boxing/2017/09/17/gennady-golovkin-canelo-alvarez-adalaide-byrd-scorecard-history

I said the card was shit.

And, as I've pointed out, most of these veteran judges have a few shit cards in their past. There's not one judge with a minimum of 100 title fights under their belt that doesn't have a few bad scorecards. Not one. Bank it.

Rich, I agree. They really need to come up with a new to decide these fights. It's unbelievable it really is. 

One thing they need to do is go back to odd number rounds.    No more 8, 10, or 12 rounders.  Make it 9, 11, 13.   Or 7, 9, 11.   I know why they went away from 15 rounders after the Mancini- Kim horror.   But make it harder to score a fight a draw.   

Balco, YDKSAB.

And my point with this is that I had it 6-5 GGG going into the 12th round... I posted it in this thread. It wasn't like they announced the draw and then I started saying shit to justify that decision. No, I called it a draw before they did.

These other people have no clue what they're watching... that's not my problem.

I had Canelo winning round 5 and 6 triple g was landing nothing on the ropes most of his shots were parried, by compubox numbers Canelo landed at a 32.6 percent in round 5 and 6 going 14/43 and 15/46 while golovkin was hitting at a 25 percent going 18/74 and 16/63. Golovkin only landed 4 more punches in round 5 and threw 31 more punches and 1 more punch in round six but threw 17 more punches. You guys are saying look at comoubox numbers than look at them it is clear to see that golovkin was outbox yeah he landed more jabs which are worthless punches golovkin missed a lot of punches and by compubox numbers in power bunches Canelo has a huge edge landing 114 power punches while throwing 272 triple g landed 112 power punches while throwing 342, Canelo landed 2 more power punches while throwing 70 less power punches by triple g , I saw Canelo avoiding a lot of triple g shot and landing the more solid punches.

Misses 500 punches.

Only lands 8 punches total to Canelo's body.

Landed very few significant punches.

Let's give him the win even though the other guy landed more power punches and a higher percentage of total punches! LOL

"But, but, the middle rounds..."

That's not how you score a fight.  You don't look at the punch stats after the fight and pick a winner  :doh

What significant punches did Canelo land?  GGG walked right thru everything that hit him

That's not how you score a fight. You don't look at the punch stats after the fight and pick a winner :doh

What significant punches did Canelo land? GGG walked right thru everything that hit him

What significant punch did triple g land ? Just one if that ? It doesn't matter if triple g walked through them or not Canelo was hitting triple g with hooks to the body and to the top while triple g was throwing nothing but jabs , jabs that were mostly partially blocked. Canelo ducked and weaved and made triple g miss , and he missed a lot and that's part of boxing as well you see the rounds unfolding and you see triple g winning a round because he landed 15 jabs and I could see Canelo winning because I saw triple g missing a lot of punches while it was Canelo that was landing the more clean punches maybe not hard but cleaner , during the whole fight Canelo neutralized ggg right hand , some people prefer the busier fighter others prefer the cleaner punches.

I had Canelo winning round 5 and 6 triple g was landing nothing on the ropes most of his shots were parried, by compubox numbers Canelo landed at a 32.6 percent in round 5 and 6 going 14/43 and 15/46 while golovkin was hitting at a 25 percent going 18/74 and 16/63. Golovkin only landed 4 more punches in round 5 and threw 31 more punches and 1 more punch in round six but threw 17 more punches. You guys are saying look at comoubox numbers than look at them it is clear to see that golovkin was outbox yeah he landed more jabs which are worthless punches golovkin missed a lot of punches and by compubox numbers in power bunches Canelo has a huge edge landing 114 power punches while throwing 272 triple g landed 112 power punches while throwing 342, Canelo landed 2 more power punches while throwing 70 less power punches by triple g , I saw Canelo avoiding a lot of triple g shot and landing the more solid punches.

Looking at Compubox numbers after the fight to pick the winner is stupid

Jabs are not worthless punches when scoring a fight

Aggression and who controls the fight are both criteria used to score a fight.  GGG was clearly the aggressor who controlled the action.  Canelo landed at a higher rate because he was more selective while GGG took the fight to him all night

That's not how you score a fight. You don't look at the punch stats after the fight and pick a winner :doh

What significant punches did Canelo land? GGG walked right thru everything that hit him

I scored the fight before I knew the punch stats, idiot. I'm only using the stats as reaffirmation that this wasn't a wide GGG victory that you clowns are making it out to be...

Draw was the correct decision.