Welcome to The Gambling Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

yet another boat book fucks players BBB likely getting a cut:Always knew America'sBookie was a mickey mouse book... but they treat themselves to ou...

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Reno Marty

Reno Marty

Rockstar

• Members
  • 1434 posts

Try risking to win $125 at -110. Risk should be $137.50. But the software turns that into $138 to win $125. 

OK, decimal points are really tricky, so they round up. 

Try risking $125 at +110. Payout should be $137.50. But the software turns that into $125 to win $137. 

Oh, now they round down? 

Now of course this is just pocket change, but when you can't even bet more than a nickel on an NFL side, this is probably a good chunk of their revenue.

"A few short years back in my end of things you couldn't find one fukkin arm that would take Mathy on a sheet. His name was shit even amongst the backalley juicemen." - billysink

Downsouth

Downsouth

• Members
  • 3134 posts

Any guess what they actually take in with this?  Actual question not smart remark. 

Mother Teresa

Mother Teresa

Rockstar

• Members
  • 14305 posts

Any guess what they actually take in with this?  Actual question not smart remark. 

large # in a years time

someone did the math a few years ago and posted it

Romans 3:23 : For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

rito

rito

Rockstar

• Members
  • 11861 posts

was it not always like this?

Reno Marty

Reno Marty

Rockstar

• Members
  • 1434 posts

News to me, never noticed before.

"A few short years back in my end of things you couldn't find one fukkin arm that would take Mathy on a sheet. His name was shit even amongst the backalley juicemen." - billysink

FISHHEAD

FISHHEAD

• JFC
  • 48721 posts

Marty, did you not vote this as your least favorite book funded with?

PROFESSIONAL ADVANTAGE GAMBLER

rito

rito

Rockstar

• Members
  • 11861 posts

News to me, never noticed before.

It's always been like that.  Boat (and the books) blame the software.  "Can't be changed'   "Can't afford to hire a programmer and pay him for the up to 3 1/2 minutes it would take to fix it"

richsox24

richsox24

• JFC
  • 3239 posts

That is pretty shitty that they round against you both ways, on the favorite or the dog.  I would just make my wagers $120 or $130 and not $125.  

richsox24

richsox24

• JFC
  • 3239 posts

It's always been like that.  Boat (and the books) blame the software.  "Can't be changed'   "Can't afford to hire a programmer and pay him for the up to 3 1/2 minutes it would take to fix it"

Cant blame the software when it rounds against the player in all scenarios.  I could see if it always rounded up or always rounded down...but to always round against the player, the software was definitely designed to do exactly that.  

hoopsfan

hoopsfan

Cry baby

• Members
  • 4315 posts
Doesn't shock me.. TGF is Disney World with all the Mickey Mouse joints here :laugh

Teddy kgb

Teddy kgb

It was all a dream

• Members
  • 12482 posts
They make a grip doing this I'm sure but not nearly as much as Vegas does since they've gone to tickets instead of cash payouts at slots.....bet they make over a million dollars from people tossing 47cent tickets in the trash
Like a BAUS....

Reno Marty

Reno Marty

Rockstar

• Members
  • 1434 posts

They just changed their software (made it worse), but could not go into the code and find the two lines of code that say

if benefits us, round up

if benefits player, round down 

to just

round up (or down)

?

Guest_pocketrockets_*

Guest_pocketrockets_*
  • Guests

:laugh

a senior programmer would fix that in 2-3 days tops

rito

rito

Rockstar

• Members
  • 11861 posts

They just changed their software (made it worse), but could not go into the code and find the two lines of code that say

if benefits us, round up

if benefits player, round down 

to just

round up (or down)

?

According to Boat, no it cannot be done.

rito

rito

Rockstar

• Members
  • 11861 posts

:laugh

a senior programmer would fix that in 2-3 days tops

days?   i could fix it in 12 seconds

Teddy kgb

Teddy kgb

It was all a dream

• Members
  • 12482 posts

According to Boat, no it cannot be done.

Boat also says kneeling for the anthem is the same as kneeling at church....

There's a reason he wears sandles
Like a BAUS....

Mother Teresa

Mother Teresa

Rockstar

• Members
  • 14305 posts

nice title change

Guest_pocketrockets_*

Guest_pocketrockets_*
  • Guests

nice title change

+1

Joe Blow

Joe Blow

• Members
  • 1365 posts

That is pretty shitty that they round against you both ways, on the favorite or the dog.  I would just make my wagers $120 or $130 and not $125.  

:bulb

Sol Diablo

Sol Diablo

Above the Fray

• Members
  • 27134 posts

nice title change

Didn't see it. What was it?

Brayden11

Brayden11

• Members
  • 2160 posts
Pretty sure they do it on horse racing payouts as well. Wouldn't bother me as much but like RM pointed out, they round up or down in their favor. To blame it on software is a weak excuse.

Mother Teresa

Mother Teresa

Rockstar

• Members
  • 14305 posts

nice title change

+1

PR... it is TGF's attempt to deflect off of APEX Robbie now owner of AB -- long time , well known cheat and stiff

Onto BBB

Sol Diablo

Sol Diablo

Above the Fray

• Members
  • 27134 posts

PR... it is TGF's attempt to deflect off of APEX Robbie now owner of AB -- long time , well known cheat and stiff

Onto BBB

Oh boy..

Mother Teresa

Mother Teresa

Rockstar

• Members
  • 14305 posts

Didn't see it. What was it?

just remove all of the Boat stuff and begin with "Always knew"

richsox24

richsox24

• JFC
  • 3239 posts

I dont have an acct there but someone who does, try to bet $121 on a -110.  The juice would be $12.10.  Will they still round up and make it $134/$121? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users