Picked up a RHODE ISLAND college basketball futures ticket at 200/1

Fazzer

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem for teams like URI is since they expanded the play in round teams like them are often forced to play an extra game. Has FOILED me on multiple occasions.

good point.

the other problem is see is they might get stuck with an 8 seed - I believe the 8 plays the 1 in the second round. 

good point.

the other problem is see is they might get stuck with an 8 seed - I believe the 8 plays the 1 in the second round.

My biggest score ever on one of these was when Kansas was a 1 and my VCU at 2000-1 was a much lower seed. ML was something ridiculous like -1300 and I really didn't have a good chance to hedge. Just said fuck it and let it ride and was paid handsomely when VCU pulled the upset.

One tip on these, I usually wait until late January and take shots at teams that are 300-1 or higher that imo have a good shot to make the tourney and enough talent to win 2 games or more. If you bet them during Super Bowl weekend the book personnel won't notice at all, they're too busy with football. Sometimes you can get a team that just smacked a top 5 team on a Saturday and the odds won't have been lowered the next day, they don't pay any attention to basketball that weekend.

• 1 month later...

My biggest score ever on one of these was when Kansas was a 1 and my VCU at 2000-1 was a much lower seed. ML was something ridiculous like -1300 and I really didn't have a good chance to hedge. Just said fuck it and let it ride and was paid handsomely when VCU pulled the upset.

One tip on these, I usually wait until late January and take shots at teams that are 300-1 or higher that imo have a good shot to make the tourney and enough talent to win 2 games or more. If you bet them during Super Bowl weekend the book personnel won't notice at all, they're too busy with football. Sometimes you can get a team that just smacked a top 5 team on a Saturday and the odds won't have been lowered the next day, they don't pay any attention to basketball that weekend.

Excellent advice. 

This is precisely my approach !!!!!.....

......as I think you already knew.

You will get better odds by waiting until tournament time then bet ML and if win let it all ride on ML next game and keep repeating until they win it all.

fuk having money out of play for 6 months

In the majority of cases, yes.

As stated though, BFO and others, including myself, would rather wait until late in the season to make CBB futures wagers, more times than not here in Vegas, or if offshore, more times than not at 5dimes................................all in all, its not that much to get overly excited about in most scenarios, as the EV when found on these is usually very small, and volatile.

In some instances, the futures odds gained ARE better than if one just bet the ML on the team, so in that respect, disagree with you, but as stated, in most cases, you're certainly spot on with that thinking.

In the majority of cases, yes.

As stated though, BFO and others, including myself, would rather wait until late in the season to make CBB futures wagers, more times than not here in Vegas, or if offshore, more times than not at 5dimes................................all in all, its not that much to get overly excited about in most scenarios, as the EV when found on these is usually very small, and volatile.

In some instances, the futures odds gained ARE better than if one just bet the ML on the team, so in that respect, disagree with you, but as stated, in most cases, you're certainly spot on with that thinking.

Great points.