NBA > NFL

Timely Hitting

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The NFL will never ever touch the excitement of a great playoff baseball or basketball series.

I would rather take a hard kick to the nuts rather than watch the NBA or NHL before the playoffs.

Conversely I spend a rather large portion of my life watching every college basketball game I can find.

I would rather take a hard kick to the nuts rather than watch the NBA or NHL before the playoffs.

Conversely I spend a rather large portion of my life watching every college basketball game I can find.

But the NFL will never ever touch an WCF, ECF or Finals series in basketball; I still love the regular season - see Russell last year - but even if you hate the regular season the NFL just can't touch the NBA playoffs. Occasionally you get the Warriors vs Dallas in round 1 5 years back.

CTE's have ruined football forever anyway.

Watching guys kill themselves for my entertainment is kind of a buzz kill. 

Football is in trouble. Basketball won't stop growing despite what some dopes say here - much more of an international grasp than anything but soccer - and baseball globally continues to grow and has a vast following everywhere but Europe, Russia and Africa at this point. South America, much of Asia and the Island nations have continued to grow in popularity. 

Agreed basketball is going nowhere but up. The NBA has become so good. If they consolidated and cut 2 teams from each conference it would be insanely competitive.

Basketball has the fastest growing country in the world infatuated - China - and has grown in South America and Europe faster than any other game. The salaries overseas have just continued to go up and up. There's a reason NBA teams are selling for 2B and being considered a bargain, and it's because the game has seen a consistent gain in attendance and viewership every year and international coverage is beginning to mean as much as national.