TeddyKGB vs MonkeyF0cker +10u/30d Contest

MonkeyF0cker

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you basically calculate your cumulative advantage on 30 games here as a 53-54% bet with the same money?

You are too smart to get sucked into Monkeys bullshit. He doesn't have any advantage on plays he doesn't get to choose. He knows this but will pretend otherwise

You are too smart to get sucked into Monkeys bullshit. He doesn't have any advantage on plays he doesn't get to choose. He knows this but will pretend otherwise

Wow. My IQ is up from 81. I am impressing here.

Monkey worked as a programmer for the CBOE. His claimed advantage seems a bit high but he operates at higher level than other people. You are good at math but I doubt you come close to Monkey. 

Wow. My IQ is up from 81. I am impressing here.

Monkey worked as a programmer for the CBOE. His claimed advantage seems a bit high but he operates at higher level than other people. You are good at math but I doubt you come close to Monkey. 

He is full of shit even though he is good at math.  If he thinks he has a 4% advantage on a random play he could and should be a billionaire.  He isn't

He is full of shit even though he is good at math.  If he thinks he has a 4% advantage on a random play he could and should be a billionaire.  He isn't

Maybe. I was only interested in his idea behind the bet. He believes he has an advantage over Ted on any random game and believes he has it quantified. He then basically off the top of his head determined what his advantage would be with 30 games. I don't think you even have the slightest idea of how to get started with that kind of calculation.

I don't think this is a good bet for Monkey. But he does gamble for a living. I don't think there is any reason to doubt that.

He has put up a few losing bets but those are statistically insignificant and he is pursuing this as a math guy would. It is just one side bet in his overall bankroll and he feels it is a good one. 

Let's not forget Monkey, the poker pro, got destroyed in a heads up battle with a non pro regular guy (brick).  Normally I wouldn't think much of this since it was only one match, but if you watched that go down you would have serious doubts that Monkey ever made any money playing poker.  That was among the worst poker playing I have ever witnessed.  If they had million dollar rolls, Brick would have taken every last dime from Monkey.

Let's not forget Monkey, the poker pro, got destroyed in a heads up battle with a non pro regular guy (brick).  Normally I wouldn't think much of this since it was only one match, but if you watched that go down you would have serious doubts that Monkey ever made any money playing poker.  That was among the worst poker playing I have ever witnessed.  If they had million dollar rolls, Brick would have taken every last dime from Monkey.

One poker match is meaningless. You have doubts about anyone that does something you can't.

Maybe. I was only interested in his idea behind the bet. He believes he has an advantage over Ted on any random game and believes he has it quantified. He then basically off the top of his head determined what his advantage would be with 30 games. I don't think you even have the slightest idea of how to get started with that kind of calculation.

I don't think this is a good bet for Monkey. But he does gamble for a living. I don't think there is any reason to doubt that.

He has put up a few losing bets but those are statistically insignificant and he is pursuing this as a math guy would. It is just one side bet in his overall bankroll and he feels it is a good one.

Nothing against Monkey but to have a 3-4% advantage over Ted he would in theory need to be 53 to 54% on a random drawn out of hat play as Ted is 50/50 on any random coinflip.

So if he is 53 to 54% against any lined number on the board then he literally has a license to print money at his leisure.

Nothing against Monkey but to have a 3-4% advantage over Ted he would in theory need to be 53 to 54% on a random drawn out of hat play as Ted is 50/50 on any random coinflip.

So if he is 53 to 54% against any lined number on the board then he literally has a license to print money at his leisure.

It doesn't make sense to me. But I don't make a living betting on sports. I leave it to his judgment.

I just came up with a great idea for a TGF contest. The Monkey Challenge. Each month Monkey takes on another person for 1K and at the end we find out if Monkey comes out ahead for the year. 

and he drives a Kia.  Something doesn't add up