Neighbors

IAG

How well do you know yours? Just had an awkward run in with mine. Used to be a very nice Beaver Cleaver neighborhood with original owners. Two new sets of neighbors in recent months. One across the street. One next door. NDN came out to have a cigarette just now probably first one on this block to ever smoke...awkward wave.

I ran into him once while I was out chasing cat. Met wife briefly when I was out looking for cat. I can only imagine. Probably think i am a crazy shut-in car lady on welfare. Not so far off maybe, except for welfare part.

In Denver I was in a townhome so essentially shared common backyard patio area..had tons of parties, bbqs, game nights together etc. Now I live next door to super religious family with three small children who are home schooled.

Across the street new neighbor is a cop. I met him briefly..seemed nice enough. Haven’t met wife, but now it’s been so long I feel like it would be awkward to knock on door and introduce myself.

I probably should though.

Anyway, just wondered if people interact with their neighbors in this day and age, When I was young all neighborhood kids played outside together unsupervised, and everyone knew everyone...not sure that happens as much anymore.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez I wouldn't feel comfortable with the police living across the street

He has a lot of vehicles...and parks backwards in the driveway a lot of the time. He mentioned something about that when I met him, but i didn’t really think about what he was saying. He’s got longer hair. Who know, might be vice cop.

He has a lot of vehicles...and parks backwards in the driveway a lot of the time. He mentioned something about that when I met him, but i didn’t really think about what he was saying. He’s got longer hair. Who know, might be vice cop.

If he has long hair 100% chance he is vice/undercover... they are required short hair, mine cousin is LAPD

Most dangerous type of cop, the one who dont look the part

But im sure Iggy has no qualms about coppers

Most of my neighbors are narcs and annoying...

Most have dogs that are tied all day barking so I cant have sympathy for people who incarcerate animals.

Next door neighbor has a hot daughter, saw her talking to me once and yelled at her to come the fuck inside (in all fairness she was 16 i was like 26), cant blame him but he treats wife like shit too, we thinK he's a wife beater...

Hot neighbor with american stafford doggie moved 10 houses up... seems hot and loose (whisteled at me when I was jogging earbuds on but music off so she thought i didnt hear lol), gonna make a move with that one soon. Very tanned, nice legs... 

Idiot guy has some biker boys come sundays, yelled at my brother once for driving too fast (it was bs) so me and brother went to his place and tell him to come outside and stfu or else, he didnt (thank god as hand was broken and I was coked up). When i see them gathered I think they will say something to me but they never do... I know the guy is a pussy but his friends IDK.

I've been in my neighborhood over 20 years, I only know the 1st names of 2 of the families either next door, across the st, or behind me, and i dont really have conversations with any of them. Other than yard work no one really spends time outside anymore, I had one busybody older guy from down the street come by a few years back talking about all the crime there is etc, I said there is no crime and he scoffed, he was insane IMO.

If he has long hair 100% chance he is vice/undercover... they are required short hair, mine cousin is LAPD

Most dangerous type of cop, the one who dont look the part

But im sure Iggy has no qualms about coppers

So is that likely why all the vehicles? Keep odd hours from what I can tell.

So is that likely why all the vehicles? Keep odd hours from what I can tell.

yep, guy has to lead a double or triple life who knows... also needs to lose any prob tails that will find his "real home"... undercover cops live in "nests" when on a job... a rented shithole to fit their story... or spend most days there and switch and so forth

is a really nervewrecking job, being an undercover rat, there is nothing more dangerous

Used to help old lady at my old place. She ended up leaving me 10k in her will. Her kids were pissed. I donated it to st Jude's

Black guy found my wallet a few weeks ago. Have it back with all the money still in it.

So many ways to interpret these two posts.

After living at my house since 99 my elderly neighbor Max died and his Wife moved into an elderly home.....

Young couple (26?) moved in with 3 kids and wife pregnant....been about 6 months now and the guy who's a fireman is super friendly and I was very worried he was going to ask me and the wife over for dinner or to see what they've done to the house, I was so sure of it that I was practicing lines to use for saying no....that's how much I don't like talking to people I don't have anything in common with (he didn't come across as a drunkin gambling shut in)

When they had their first party at their house and we weren't invited it was like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders....

Still haven't said a word to the wife which has now started to make things weird again....what am I going to do if a year goes by, just act surprised like I never seen her before and ask if she's my new neighbor?

yep, guy has to lead a double or triple life who knows... also needs to lose any prob tails that will find his "real home"... undercover cops live in "nests" when on a job... a rented shithole to fit their story... or spend most days there and switch and so forth

is a really nervewrecking job, being an undercover rat, there is nothing more dangerous

Probably not that exciting in the 605.

.that's how much I don't like talking to people I don't have anything in common with (he didn't come across as a drunkin gambling shut in)

When they had their first party at their house and we weren't invited it was like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders....

Still haven't said a word to the wife which has now started to make things weird again....what am I going to do if a year goes by, just act surprised like I never seen her before and ask if she's my new neighbor?

Sounds almost identical to my situation. The very conservative neighbors have an “ice cream social” every year and I had managed to have legit reasons not to attend in the past....they have their kids put invites in the door...but I went this year...

Probably 20people there. It was nice and all, but really nothing in common. The are all either young with kids or older.

I have two lesbian neighbors two doors down who invited me to a dog party like 3yrs ago and I actually went and it was ok, there wasn't any beer and they were really into the dog party as were their gay friends....I was invited the next year and went again.....but about 4 months after that got another invite for their new digs party and I drew the line and faked sick...

They invited me two more times and I gave two more excuses and now we ignore each other which is how I like it....

Surrounded by Non heterosexual humans and dykes and had no beer and at a dog party, they ordered pizza and it was like one large for 8 people so I got a single slice...

Been invited to the cops house across the street to play poker and never showed, we're only wave type neighbors and I ran across a friend of his at work (I told this before) and he said Hey man Acitt said you've lived across from him for 15yrs and have never said two words...

Whatever.....why do you have to be friends with your neighbors.....same goes for co-workers

I have two lesbian neighbors two doors down who invited me to a dog party like 3yrs ago and I actually went and it was ok, there wasn't any beer and they were really into the dog party as were their gay friends....I was invited the next year and went again.....but about 4 months after that got another invite for their new digs party and I drew the line and faked sick...

They invited me two more times and I gave two more excuses and now we ignore each other which is how I like it....

Surrounded by Non heterosexual humans and dykes and had no beer and at a dog party, they ordered pizza and it was like one large for 8 people so I got a single slice...

Been invited to the cops house across the street to play poker and never showed, we're only wave type neighbors and I ran across a friend of his at work (I told this before) and he said Hey man Acitt said you've lived across from him for 15yrs and have never said two words...

Whatever.....why do you have to be friends with your neighbors.....same goes for co-workers

I agree with that

You dont have to if zero in common

Politeness is cool, but goes both ways

If you are noisy (noisy barking dogs, kids fucking around my house, noisy car horn, yells wife in public) fuck you, I dont need your kind close, and if you are not moving out at least gtfo outta my face

Now I was very close with my co-workers. But everyone was younger (including me), everyone knew I bet, went to Vegas together. Good times, Would never happen with my neighbors.

Like? Fuckin the hot MILF wife husband is on biz trip?

What did you do Hoffa?  :hurray

Check this out...

When my kids were small we had neighbors across the street who we were close with. Kids around same age played together, barbeques together and stuff. One day when my older one was around 4 he came home from across the street and said, "Jacob asked if we could touch pee-pees". I asked him what he did after being asked that, he said he ran home to tell me. Nevertheless I was horrified.

Spare me all the, "It's normal, kids are curious, etc. crap". My son was freaked out as were we and we terminated all contact with them. It created a very awkward situation where we saw these people almost daily but never exchanged words again. They eventually moved.

Once you get too close to people it is very difficult to un-ring that bell...

Check this out...

When my kids were small we had neighbors across the street who we were close with. Kids around same age played together, barbeques together and stuff. One day when my older one was around 4 he came home from across the street and said, "Jacob asked if we could touch pee-pees". I asked him what he did after being asked that, he said he ran home to tell me. Nevertheless I was horrified.

Spare me all the, "It's normal, kids are curious, etc. crap". My son was freaked out as were we and we terminated all contact with them. It created a very awkward situation where we saw these people almost daily but never exchanged words again. They eventually moved.

Once you get too close to people it is very difficult to un-ring that bell...

Holy fucking shit

A kid of that age WILL NEVER EVER THINK OF THAT UNLESS GROOMED  AND/OR ABUSED/TAUGHT BY A PEDO

Scary, poor kid... hope it wasnt his own father teaching him that shit

Wish all pedos would die

Last time I "confessed" / went to church was when I was like 11/12

Told priest I touched a girls ass while making out playing spinning the bottle...

Asked me if she wanted it to do it it was fine... then asked if I had done the same with boys (i was like what? ew no ugh)

Proceeded to tell me love comes in many different forms and as long as both people want to do things they should be Ok to...

I was baffled... the tone of his voice everything was disgusting... he was getting off

NEVER AGAIN