Guy from covers wins 25,000.00

TNVOLFAN

Portland game cancelled, wonder if he changed his pick?

Either way it's pretty cool to mess with. I go by almost daily and make a play.

My best is 11 in a row, can't seem to make it past that. Got a few hats.... :(

Right now got 6 in a row with NO/Phi O186- pending.

Same here Patrick..........think I have won 3 hats lol..........No he can't make another pick until tomorrow.

Guy probably doesn't have the immediate funds to really hedge.

that sounds like a better explanation than "i won 25k already"... money that's already won or lost should have no effect on a future decision. and unless he's super rich it's better to take the bird in the hand and guarantee 60k before taxes. unless he's comfortable having a 75k swing on one game, in which case i should see him at the betting windows in vegas laying 40k down lol

Well the 100k pick is Golden State -9.5 tonight..........Below is his write--up on the game.

Originally Posted by brackson13:

i will be taking golden state -9.5 at home against chicago tomorrow night for the $100k.

first and perhaps most importantly, weather.com is calling for mid-50's and partly-cloudy skies at game time, with little to no chance of the game being postponed due to inclement weather. hooray for me.

chicago is in the midst of a brutal stretch of schedule. they've had to travel after each of their last seven games dating back to january 14th, and the seven games include home games against washington, atlanta and san antonio, with road tilts against cleveland and dallas. they get one day off after playing three games in four days, and now they fly to the west coast to begin another three-in-four stretch. when this road trip is over, they will have traveled in between 13 consecutive games. their key contributors also play heavy minutes. in 6 of those last 7 games, they've had at least two starters in the upper 30's or lower 40's in terms of minutes played. it just seems like a terrible time to be playing a team that's tough to defend for 48 minutes on an even playing field.

on the polar opposite end of the spectrum awaits golden state, who hasn't had to travel since a road game at houston on january 17th. they're playing their fifth straight game at home, all of which include an off-day in between. they have not had a player on their roster reach the 35-minute mark in any game thus far on the home stand. after four blowouts, boston gave them a good run in their last game and kept it much closer than expected. i'm hoping that this will provide the same kind of reaction that an unexpected loss would, and that they come out tomorrow night with renewed focus and attention to detail and pull away in the second half due to their substantial advantage in fresh legs.

sorry for picking the 10:30 tip. i know this upsets some of the spouses of the forum posters (myself included). if you've tailed me to this point, you should be up a chunk of change. please be smart with the way you structure your wagers and make sure this is still the case regardless of tomorrow's outcome. i'd like to think i made a positive impact on the lives of others when this is all said and done. may you all have a wonderful day tomorrow leading up to the game.

I will be checking the score on that game tonight. Does he get the $25' date='000 AND the $100,000 or just 100K if he gets to 25?[/quote']

only the 100k... the other prizes can be stacked but the 100k replaces the 25k. part of the reason he might not be able to hedge is they don't pay the 25k right away

All eligible entrants to accumulate a win streak of 21 games will be awarded$25,000 USD. This prize payout cannot be finalized until entrant’s streak is finished; if winner continues win streak through to 25 win level, they will receive the $100,000 prize instead.