TGF Red Wine Thread

rdalert447

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really trying to like these reds, but they may just not be for me. I've got a few more to try, but thinking about saving them as gifts or something. I think we've liked the different Rieslings the best. I've read it is the most popular to pair with chinese and thai food and other spicy food.

Some of the rose and Moscato seem too sweet for more than one glass. Don't care much for them.

Tried Apothic Crush Smooth Red blend tonight. It's my least favorite red so far.

Really trying to like these reds, but they may just not be for me. I've got a few more to try, but thinking about saving them as gifts or something. I think we've liked the different Rieslings the best. I've read it is the most popular to pair with chinese and thai food and other spicy food.

Some of the rose and Moscato seem too sweet for more than one glass. Don't care much for them.

Tried Apothic Crush Smooth Red blend tonight. It's my least favorite red so far.

Tried to get into wine recently and just can't do it.  

I guess I'm a beer man.  And I'm content with it. 

post-8490-0-81641300-1515118375_thumb.jpeg

Had this at dinner. St Francis Red Zinfandel, Sonoma Valley, 15% AC. Was very good. Cost $45 at the restaurant, which means you can get it in the $15-$20 range at the store. Restaurant was great too, if anyone is ever in the Orlando area. It’s called Cala Bella at Shingle Creek. Italian joint with a $50 coupon available at restaurant.com.

Uncorking at least two bottles tonight. Failed to post last night, but drank two bottles of the Blackstone Merlot that -FH- recommended. I caught a deal at $4.99 per, at BJs, but would pay the usual $8.99 in the future. A very serviceable red, especially if having company and need to serve in bulk. Next time it’s at $4.99, I’ll probably scoop up ten if they’ll allow it.

Finishing the last bottle of some Robert Mondavi Private Selection 2014 Cabernet that I stocked up on a couple of years ago. It was $16.99 for 1.5 liter bottle so I grabbed 12. Great value. Don't buy the shitty new blend in the black bottle that they replaced this with. It is pretty disappointing. Tried some Blackstone cab a few weeks back and enjoyed it. Good price too...