Welcome to The Gambling Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Bitcoin hits $12,000

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

IAG

IAG

Big League feather duster/Lady Bro/ TGF MVP 1Q 2017

• JFC
  • 15330 posts
New record. Congrats to all HODLERS!!!
"One day you're the cock of the walk, the next you're a feather duster."<br><br>
SP NATION

Mother Teresa

Mother Teresa

Rockstar

• Members
  • 14305 posts

next hurdle

Romans 3:23 : For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Dingo

Dingo

• Members
  • 5884 posts
Go BTC go
Congrats all
Upgraded to Bat Shit Crazy

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 15330 posts
Some dude from the Motley Fool sent GBTC crashing talking about how the coming BTC futures market would hurt the fund. I knew it would happen too, but decided to watch it today, and didn’t have stop loss in place. Was planning to get out before the 10th...didn’t expect everyone jumping ship today. Got in at at $475 and more under $1000 so still made out ok...held 5 just in case, but damn.

I guess in the big picture not end of world, but was hoping not to have to pay tax on gains til next year.
"One day you're the cock of the walk, the next you're a feather duster."<br><br>
SP NATION

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 15330 posts
Of course GBTC now starts to rebound..was down about 25 percent earlier. ..hey Mike or anyone...how do you see the futures market affecting BTC? I keep reading how a bunch of big money will short it down to nothing, because they don’t actually have to buy the BTC. Is that really a likely scenario?

I want to be prepared....unlike this morning...Positive effect? Negative? None?
SP NATION

JTGAMBLE

JTGAMBLE

Scramblin Gamblin

• Members
  • 5563 posts
Follow your heart IAG.

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 15330 posts

Follow your heart IAG.

I’m conflicted.
SP NATION

Wade

Wade

Captain

• Members
  • 7152 posts

I guess in the big picture not end of world, but was hoping not to have to pay tax on gains til next year.

don't you mean pay extortion on gains?

please donate to the help wade get to maine foundation.  send bitcoin donations here: 1JzT3E1DRZKb1HVAbCTHRJcYLu4xp8ZZaL

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 15330 posts

don't you mean pay extortion on gains?

Yes. Fokkin Legion of Enforcers!! 4000 communist extortionist per one tax slave? I like your chances.

Transfer ur BTC from wallet to another and claim capital loss lolol.....Trevon James knows.
SP NATION

RealSlimShady

RealSlimShady

• Members
  • 3399 posts

Of course GBTC now starts to rebound..was down about 25 percent earlier. ..hey Mike or anyone...how do you see the futures market affecting BTC? I keep reading how a bunch of big money will short it down to nothing, because they don’t actually have to buy the BTC. Is that really a likely scenario?

I want to be prepared....unlike this morning...Positive effect? Negative? None?

Futures will not make BTC go down. It may reduce volatility as more participants enter, making it a more liquid market.

It will affect GBTC negatively. That trades at a premium now and as it gets easier to participate via futures, that premium will get smaller for sure. If you hold GBTC, you should replace that with futures when they come out, assuming there's still a premium in GBTC relative to its underlying value.

MonkeyF0cker

MonkeyF0cker

Rockstar

• Members
  • 4971 posts

I just liquidated everything.  I'm all fiat right now.

I think we're going to get a sell off shortly.

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 15330 posts

Futures will not make BTC go down. It may reduce volatility as more participants enter, making it a more liquid market.

It will affect GBTC negatively. That trades at a premium now and as it gets easier to participate via futures, that premium will get smaller for sure. If you hold GBTC, you should replace that with futures when they come out, assuming there's still a premium in GBTC relative to its underlying value.

Thank you SS....makes me feel better.,.but why are so many saying (even BTC enthusiasts) that this will hurt BTC price? Some saying will drop to 4K short term? Am I just happening to hear all the doomsayers?
SP NATION

JTGAMBLE

JTGAMBLE

Scramblin Gamblin

• Members
  • 5563 posts
SlimShady works for UBS.

RealSlimShady

RealSlimShady

• Members
  • 3399 posts

Thank you SS....makes me feel better.,.but why are so many saying (even BTC enthusiasts) that this will hurt BTC price? Some saying will drop to 4K short term? Am I just happening to hear all the doomsayers?

They don't understand things. Do you know if they are listing futures only or options as well on the exchanges? 

GBTC will get hurt for sure as the premium it currently trades at will get sucked out due to futures being easily tradeable

SlimShady works for UBS.

:scratch

UBS or UPS??  :lol

raiders72001

raiders72001

• Members
  • 456 posts

Mariah Carey and others giving a 15% discount to those purchasing items with Monero XMR.

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 15330 posts

They don't understand things. Do you know if they are listing futures only or options as well on the exchanges? 
GBTC will get hurt for sure as the premium it currently trades at will get sucked out due to futures being easily tradeable

:scratch

UBS or UPS??  :lol

I’m not sure. I was thinking it was only futures, but when I quick googled to check looked like it might be both. I’ll look some more and get back to you.
SP NATION

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 15330 posts

Mariah Carey and others giving a 15% discount to those purchasing items with Monero XMR.

About the only top coin I don’t have....sold at $120ish...bought at 90..thought I was doing ok. Lol. ...not that I can imagine buying anything from Mariah Carey.
SP NATION

JTGAMBLE

JTGAMBLE

Scramblin Gamblin

• Members
  • 5563 posts
Where did you shop in Denver IAG?

JTGAMBLE

JTGAMBLE

Scramblin Gamblin

• Members
  • 5563 posts
I like Park Meadows.

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 15330 posts

I’m not sure. I was thinking it was only futures, but when I quick googled to check looked like it might be both. I’ll look some more and get back to you.

Edit....appears options will be available
SP NATION

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 15330 posts

Where did you shop in Denver IAG?

Usually Aurora Mall if needed nothing special..it was closest....for Christmas shopping -Cherry Creek or Park Meadows.
SP NATION

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 15330 posts

I like Park Meadows.

I do too. Nice food court also.
SP NATION

RealSlimShady

RealSlimShady

• Members
  • 3399 posts

Edit....appears options will be available

BTC will stabilize and have less volatility for sure.

Would be interesting to see how expensive these options are. I would guess if BTC is 12000 now, the January 2019 12000 call that is little over a year out would be in the 3000-4000 range. 

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 15330 posts

BTC will stabilize and have less volatility for sure.

Would be interesting to see how expensive these options are. I would guess if BTC is 12000 now, the January 2019 12000 call that is little over a year out would be in the 3000-4000 range.

Damn. I like the volatility.

You are speaking Greek to me Slim! But futures start on the 10th so will know soon I guess.
SP NATION

IAG

IAG

• JFC
  • 15330 posts
This is some funny stuff

SP NATION

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users