• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Look at this injury report.  Brutal.

http://www.azcardinals.com/gameday/injury-report.html

Banged up on the offensive line.  Most likely no Adrian Peterson.  AZ getting ZERO help at the wide receiver position after Fitz other than a guy (Seals-Jones) who was on the practice squad for the first half of the season.  3rd string RB Kerwin Williams banged up.  

Tons of injuries on the defensive side of the ball as well.  Including many of their studs.  This from a defense that has underachieved all season as it is.

Like I said, nothing ever is a lock in this league.  But I LOVE this play...

Seals is the backup TE

Ive been betting NFL football for 20 years. Well aware of the angle and how many times it crashes and burns.

This ain't that angle.

Giants ML this week for that angle. Cowboys fightin for playoffs and Gmen fighting for...Eli? Cowboys finally looked semi competent last week and division rival matchup at home as an added bonus..

Every week the Titans are squeaking by opponents many times in the fourth quarter. The big difference is they take care of business the last two years but in the recent past they used to lose any time the margin was thin they would find a way to fuck it all up every time thats the way it was from 2012 through 2015 four straight years of losing due to having a bad GM who couldn't draft which included QB bust Jake Locker who was terrible most of the time.

From 1999 through 2011 though Tennessee was one of the best teams in the league and overall QB Steve McNair was 56-37 from 1999-2005 and Vince Young was 30-17 from 2006-2010 and both left the Titans with winning records. During this era the team had 7 winning seasons, 6 playoff berths, 3 division titles,3 times league best record at 13-3, 2 AFC Championship Game appearances and 1 Super Bowl berth.

Of course 2012 through 2015 was 4 straight years of losing but two major things happened that renewed hope and the first one was the drafting of new QB Marcus Mariota followed by the hiring of a new GM Jon Robinson in early 2016.

2016 was to be the first year GM Robinson and QB Mariota would work together and it would be a success as the team would go 9-7 beating several teams who made the postseason including Green Bay,Detroit,Kansas City,Denver,Miami and Houston.

Robinson started by bringing in RB Demarco Murray and drafting RB Derrick Henry. As for the offensive line they drafted offensive tackle Jack Conklin,signed center Ben Jones and guard Josh Kline to pair with two linemen already there left tackle Taylor Lewan and guard Quinton Spain for depth they had Brian Schwenke who plays multiple spots on the line in case of injuries.

That paid off immediately as the line played well and the run game did well. The wideouts fared well too with TE Delanie Walker and newly signed WR's Rishard Matthews and Eric Decker along with draft picks Corey Davis,Taywan Taylor and Tajae Sharpe.

In 2016 the Titans finished the season as the leagues number one red zone offense and finished 9-7. For his career Mariota has 39 TD and 0 INT in the red zone

Mariota leads the NFL this year with 4 game winning drives and 3 4th quarter comebacks and for his career he has 8 game winning drives and 7 4th quarter comebacks.

Robinson drafted safety Kevin Byard on defense and this year his second he leads the NFL with 6 interceptions.

So far in 2017 Tennessee is 8-4 and leading their division with wins against Seattle,Baltimore and Jacksonville all likely playoff teams.

Tennessee led the NFL last year in wins against an opponent with a winning record (to finish the season). They were 6-2 in those contests. Using YTD records, the Titans are currently 3-1 in those contests this year.

The two most important positions in a football franchise are the GM who is responsible for putting together an entire roster of players and the other is the QB who is responsible for running the offense and is a leader on any team. So the GM and QB together determine if a team will succeed or fail and both Mariota and Robinson have done really well so far in Tennessee.

Next season is Tennessee's 20th anniversary and they will be getting a big makeover with new uniforms.

Since joining the NFL in 1999 the Titans are ranked 12th best out of 32 teams with 154 wins and 146 losses.

Diablo trust me when i say that the Cardinals definitely have a shot to win this one and this is far from a sure thing for Tennessee.

Lets look at the rankings for each team on both sides of the ball.....

Tennessee Rankings

Total Offense  22nd       Total Defense  11th   
Passing Yards  24th      Passing Yards  25th
Rushing Yards  7th        Rushing Yards  3rd
Points Scored  19th       Points Allowed  18th

Arizona Rankings

Total Offense    20th       Total Defense  13th  
Passing Yards  10th       Passing Yards  18th
Rushing Yards  32nd      Rushing Yards  9th
Points Scored   24th       Points Allowed  29th

Giants ML this week for that angle. Cowboys fightin for playoffs and Gmen fighting for...Eli? Cowboys finally looked semi competent last week and division rival matchup at home as an added bonus..

I don’t like playing teasers this early in the week, but threw the g-men in a couple already with Cin and Philly. I can see the NY line dropping more.

Also for anyone who knows the history between these two teams you know the games are usually very close in the 4th quarter.....

The December 10, 2017 matchup between Arizona and Tennessee will be the 4th matchup between them.

Arizona leads the series 2 games to 1

The two teams have met 3 times altogether.  In 2005,2009 and 2013

Titans have never played at University of Phoenix Stadium

Lets relive each matchup starting with the most recent.....I'll be giving memories of each game as i remember it

December 15, 2013

In December of 2013 the two teams met in Tennessee and of all the games that year this ended up being the most exciting one from start to finish for me on the Titans schedule. This was a strange year for Tennessee they were competitive but they were saddled with a bad young starting QB Jake Locker but he was hurt and backup Ryan Fitzpatrick played well. At halftime the score was 10-10. Then in the mid 3rd quarter with 6 minutes left the score was 17-13 Tennessee but from here on the score would change wildly back and forth.

Remember how the score was 17-13 Titans with 6 minutes in the 3rd quarter? Well with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter the score was now 34-17 Cards.  With 3 minutes left it was still 34-17 when suddenly the Titans scored a TD its now 34-24.  In the last 47 seconds Fitz leads Titans to 10 quick points to tie the score 34-34 and it went to overtime. For the day Fitzpatrick completed 36 of 58 passes for 400 yards with 4TD.

Cards beat Titans 37-34 on a FG in OT

November 29, 2009

In November of 2009 the two teams met in Tennessee again and of all the games that year this ended up being the most exciting one from start to finish for me on the Titans schedule. Again.

It was 6-3 Titans at halftime. By the end of 3rd quarter 13-10 Titans and LaRod Stephens-Howling had a 99 yard kickoff return for AZ.

At the start of the 4th quarter the Cards took the lead 17-13 and it looked like they might get another close one especially when they pinned the Titans on the 1 yard line with 2 minutes left......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUU6YSgNMT0

Vince Young converted 3 seperate 4th down plays on the drive and led the Titans 99 yards throwing a TD pass on 4th and 10 to Kenny Britt with 6 seconds left to shock Arizona 20-17.

Oct 23, 2005

Tennessee traveled to Sun Devil Stadium to play Arizona. Another close one at times with crazy lead changes. The Cards starting QB that day was Josh McCown and backing QB was Kurt Warner. Titans lead 10-0 after one quarter. By half the score is tied 10-10. Then in the second half Arizona scores the last 10 points and win 20-10.

Diablo trust me when i say that the Cardinals definitely have a shot to win this one and this is far from a sure thing for Tennessee.

Lets look at the rankings for each team on both sides of the ball.....

Tennessee Rankings

Total Offense  22nd       Total Defense  11th   

Passing Yards  24th      Passing Yards  25th

Rushing Yards  7th        Rushing Yards  3rd

Points Scored  19th       Points Allowed  18th

Arizona Rankings

Total Offense    20th       Total Defense  13th  

Passing Yards  10th       Passing Yards  18th

Rushing Yards  32nd      Rushing Yards  9th

Points Scored   24th       Points Allowed  29th

Do these rankings take into account how beat up the Cardinals are? 

I know.  I just wish it had the same buzz around it for Cardinals fans...  

I know what you mean, I was definitely hoping when the two met it would be like a big inter-conference game with one of the best AFC teams against one of the best NFC teams.

The Cards still have a shot at a winning season and Arians is definitely gonna try to make that happen.

I saw the injuries and wanted to tell you that last week Houston was very banged up and they put 3 of their players on IR after the game but still took Tennessee to the very end in a very close game.

I do think Gabbert will have success throwing on us and the game will be close.

What happened this past week vs Texans i really did think we were gonna screw around and lose that game.

There was one minute and fifty seconds left in the game and Houston was close to scoring and basically taking the lead as well as winning and the Texans were on the 29 yard line close to the red zone.

I just knew we were about to blow it.  Houston was close to scoring and taking the lead with little time left.

But once Clowney ran his mouth it was all over for Houston.

Well there is a clip going viral on twitter with Clowney talking shit to one of our backup cornerbacks LeShaun Sims that was covering WR Deandre Hopkins.  Clowney kept running his mouth about how Sims was a nobody and that he was gonna be exposed and seconds later Sims intercepted a ball in the end zone intended for Hopkins and Clowney then shut up.....

https://www.facebook.com/NYTitan21/videos/10214661729477743/

Then the Titans get the ball on the 25 its 3rd down and 5 with 57 seconds left and this stupid fucker Clowney is still talking shit this time to RB Derrick Henry and this time Clowney is in the game on the field......

So Henry notices Clowney talking shit and takes the ball and goes 75 yards for a TD putting the game away for good 24-13.

The closer: Among all NFL players, Derrick Henry 376 rushing yards in the fourth quarter (51 attempts) this season are the most. Henry's 7.4-yard average is also a league high among qualifiers.

Titans are 9-0 when RB Henry has 10 or more carries.

Tough Customer: Per @PFF, #Titans' Mariota has completed 12-of-22 attempts for 209 yards, 3 TDs, no picks on throws when he's hit in the pocket. He has a QB rating of 126.7 and an average of 9.5 yards per attempt on those, both highest marks among starting QBs.

QB Marcus Mariota has 20 TDs and 3 INTs for a 119.0 rating in 8 career games vs NFC opponents. He'll be aiming for 5th in a row vs NFC with 2-plus TD passes and 100-plus rating when #Titans face @AZCardinals on Sunday

.@delaniewalker82 has 212 catches for 2,501 yards since 2015, both 2nd most among NFL TEs over time span. @Titans

.@Titans safety @KB31_Era continues to lead the @NFL with 6 interceptions. He's tied for third in the NFL with two fumble recoveries.

The @Titans defense amassed 18 total pressures vs Texans, bringing season total to 200. Of those 200 pressures, 139 have come in 2.5s or less (quick pressure), which gives Titans defense a quick pressure efficiency rate of 70 percent, the 2nd highest in the NFL.

YTD Records against teams with winning records:

MIN - 4-1

PIT - 3-1

TEN - 3-1

NWE - 2-1

Per Kent Somers, who covers the Cardinals for azcentral sports.....

As for postseason The Cards are not mathematically eliminated from playoff contention and will continue to play hard.

As for Adrian Peterson he is questionable for this week. Coach Arians said he’s still consulting with doctors, and he doesn’t know whether he’ll be able to play or not.

As for Larry Fitzgerald he is playing really well. He’s their most consistent player on offense, and he’s headed toward another 100-catch, 1,000-yard season. They are still using him out of the slot a ton. He doesn’t go deep a ton, but Gabbert does rely on him heavily in clutch situations. He is still a really good blocker – they use him a lot like that in the run game. So he is still a really good player at age 34.

As for Blaine Gabbert he has been OK – better in his first two starts against Houston and Jacksonville than he was last week against the Rams. Last Sunday the very first play of the game he rolls out and throws off-balance and lofts this pass that is easily intercepted. That’s the big thing is he has turnovers. I think he has five turnovers now in his three starts – four interceptions and a fumble. He has six touchdown passes, so he has made some plays. And they are intrigued by him. Arians wants to see him be more judicious on how and when he runs, and when he is on the move maybe stop and set his feet rather than try all these off-balance throws when he tries to do too much.

As for expectations for the team and what went wrong for Cardinals to get to this point. Thought they’d bounce back this year and have a playoff-type season. They had quarterback Carson Palmer coming back, running back David Johnson, and he had such a great season last year. The big question for me was on defense, where they let five starters go through free agency. Could they replace them? What’s happened is a lot of guys haven’t performed up to expectations, and of course the injuries, with Palmer and David Johnson getting injured in the first game. He’s one of six starters on Injured Reserve right now. They are on their third quarterback. And even when they were healthy they weren’t playing that well.