Sol Aristatel

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol 30 pts from both teams? Maybe with NCAAF rules

Yep. The last time these two played 4 years ago this month in December 2013 the score was 37-34 AZ won in OT.

These two teams always play unpredictable,exciting games every time i see them play which has been three times since the Titans began playing in 1999. The last two games in 2009 and 2013 were both awesome looking back on them now.

Lets start with the 2009 game. At halftime the score was 6-3 Titans up by a FG.

Then both teams scored on crazy back to back plays and the game got lively.

First RB Chris Johnson score on an 85 yard run and not to be denied on the following kickoff LaRod Stephens-Howling went 99 yards for a return TD.  Score was now 13-10 Titans

Then at the top of the 4th quarter AZ went on a drive and scored on a six yard TD run to give AZ a 17-13 lead.

Whats bizarre is with 2 minutes and 30 seconds left the Cards punt and pin the Titans on their one yard line so the Titans have to start on their one yard line and attempt to go 99 yards in two minutes.

Back then in 2009 watching this game i actually remember turning the TV off in frustration as i did not think Vince Young could go that many yards with so little time left and the only reason i knew something good took place is my neighbors screaming in joy and hollering.

I've watched it afterwards and what happened is on that final 99 yard drive Vince Young and the offense didn't run the ball not one time,converted three 4th down plays and preceeded to throw 15 passes on the drive including the game winner 10 yards to Kenny Britt with 6 seconds left to stun the Cards and win 20-17.

Sounds like a wild game and a fun one because it was.

The 2013 game was a memorable one as well and was tied 10-10 at halftime.

With 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter the Titans score to go ahead 17-13 then things got crazy.

The Cards scored 21 unanswered points including 14 points within a 37 second span and with the 4th quarter starting to wind down the score was now 34-17 with six minutes left in game.

At first i thought about turning the tv off but i thought about the last game where things got unpredictable. Well thats exactly what happened next.

So its 34-17 AZ winning with 6 minutes left and within 3 minutes its 34-24 AZ by ten as Titans score with 3 minutes left.

AZ goes three and out TN gets the ball back and goes on a FG drive getting 3 points with 52 seconds left its 34-27.

With 52 seconds left Titans get a successful onside kick and get ball back.

With 14 seconds left Ryan Fitzpatrick ties the game up 34-34 with an 8 yard TD pass and for the day Fitzpatrick has thrown 36 of 58 passes for 400 yards with 4 TD and 2 very costly INT

We go to OT and Fitzpatrick throws an INT to Antoine Cason and the Cards preceed to go on a drive to win the game.

Arizona kick a FG to beat Tennessee in Overtime 37-34.

Man both the 2009 and 2013 games between these two were wildly entertaining as well as unpredictable and fun to watch.

Cool fact is the Tennessee Titans have never played at University of Phoenix stadium so this will be the first meeting between the two teams at that particular location. I can't wait i think this is gonna be a good one and if the last two games are an indicator we are in for a wild ride with plenty unpredictable but exciting twists and turns.

Good luck to fans on both sides :cheers

Cool fact is the Tennessee Titans have never played at University of Phoenix stadium so this will be the first meeting between the two teams at that particular location. I can't wait i think this is gonna be a good one and if the last two games are an indicator we are in for a wild ride with plenty unpredictable but exciting twists and turns.

Good luck to fans on both sides :cheers

Appreciate and enjoy reading all your thoughts and insight Mike.

But I hope you are wrong and the Titans cover. Don't wanna let those who tailed down and the Cards need to lose every game from here on out for draft position. Need a QB to groom for the future. Gabbert could end up being the guy. But Id like to draft a guy in the first round and have a good position battle for next season.

And it's time for Palmer to be laid out to pasture..

Diabler i really hate that things are at the point they are now with the game about to finally be played between the two teams.

Believe me i was hoping we would be sitting here talking about watching a potential Super Bowl preview.

The Cards are still alive(slim but still possible) in the playoff hunt so take things one game at a time you never know.

I know its tough because of all the injuries because that literally depletes your talent.

You guys have a great team with lots of talent and will be back taking the division next year and make no mistake you guys should've made it last season with a top 10 offense and defense but the FG kicker missed some big kicks.

Things started changing for AZ in 2006 you had the opening of the new stadium as well as signing QB Kurt Warner.

Besides Tennessee the last ten years my second favorite team has been Arizona and they always seem to play exciting football.

The Cardinals have won 5 playoff games over the past decade including two in overtime and the most exciting was the 2009 game against Green Bay the highest scoring playoff game in history won by AZ 51-45 in OT.

They played in a Super Bowl in 2008 as well as 2 NFC title matchups including in 2015 they were very close to being in their second Super Bowl having a great year going 13-3.

If everything goes right the Cards will have found their third QB(Blaine Gabbert) in the last decade without having to hassle with grooming and bringing along a rookie QB.

Bruce Arians/Steve Keim are a very likeable and cool duo who run that team well and are really good at finding talent.

Titans are barely averaging two TDs on the road if u toss out the fluky 37 pt outburst week 2 vs Jax...

Cards at 20 pts/gm with Gabba...

Gonna need some defensive TD and special team TDs to get to 30 pts each

You are right they most likely only score around 20 points each around 40 total but anything is possible.

Tom Savage Houstons QB had a career day vs Tennessee defense throwing for nearly 400 yards. Gabbert could have a great day coming.

Diabler i really hate that things are at the point they are now with the game about to finally be played between the two teams.

Believe me i was hoping we would be sitting here talking about watching a potential Super Bowl preview.

The Cards are still alive(slim but still possible) in the playoff hunt so take things one game at a time you never know.

I know its tough because of all the injuries because that literally depletes your talent.

You guys have a great team with lots of talent and will be back taking the division next year and make no mistake you guys should've made it last season with a top 10 offense and defense but the FG kicker missed some big kicks.

Things started changing for AZ in 2006 you had the opening of the new stadium as well as signing QB Kurt Warner.

Besides Tennessee the last ten years my second favorite team has been Arizona and they always seem to play exciting football.

The Cardinals have won 5 playoff games over the past decade including two in overtime and the most exciting was the 2009 game against Green Bay the highest scoring playoff game in history won by AZ 51-45 in OT.

They played in a Super Bowl in 2008 as well as 2 NFC title matchups including in 2015 they were very close to being in their second Super Bowl having a great year going 13-3.

If everything goes right the Cards will have found their third QB(Blaine Gabbert) in the last decade without having to hassle with grooming and bringing along a rookie QB.

Bruce Arians/Steve Keim are a very likeable and cool duo who run that team well and are really good at finding talent.

Cards have tons of great pieces.  I still like the outlook of their future.  I love Arians and Keim as well.  Not sure how long Arians is in for though.  Hopefully he sticks around and his health allows him too.  

I think AZ will be fine on defense as they shouldn't lose much to FA.  On offense, need a WR and more OL depth bad.  On top of QB, those are the key things that need addressed in the offseason.  

:laugh

rams and seattle will be better than arizona next year, just like they're better this year

Appreciate and enjoy reading all your thoughts and insight Mike.

But I hope you are wrong and the Titans cover. Don't wanna let those who tailed down and the Cards need to lose every game from here on out for draft position. Need a QB to groom for the future. Gabbert could end up being the guy. But Id like to draft a guy in the first round and have a good position battle for next season.

And it's time for Palmer to be laid out to pasture..

Lets talk QB's......

I have noticed something very interesting in regards to Arizona and their QB situation through the years.

Agree on Palmer he did well for you guys while he was there. Before that they had Warner for a while and he did some good things during his time there too. Now you have Gabbert so its been over 11 years since AZ drafted a QB early Leinart. I've been watching NFL football since 1985 and i love looking at the history of the league and watching new as well as old footage of various teams and eras.

I am a bit fascinated with Arizona having continual success with not only vet QBs but also because all three they have brought in were thought to be mostly done and on their third/fourth team when they hit Arizona.

First they did it with Warner winning playoff games and made it as far as an NFC title game plus Super Bowl

Second they did it with Palmer winning playoff games and made it as far as an NFC title game

Third they do have Gabbert who has played well and Arians likes him so he could be the starter next season.

2006 was the last time AZ attempted to draft a QB early when they picked Matt Leinart who busted but it didnt matter because the vet QB Kurt Warner played well.

Once the brass saw the continued success of their vet QBs stopped drafting them early and havent bothered doing so in a decade.

I;m not sure that besides Arizona i have seen another team have the success they have had with multiple vet QB over a long period of time because almost all teams draft and develop QB's.

Curiously i'm going to look and see if i can find another other franchise thats been successful doing this over a certain period of time.

There was literally only one team i found with a history similar to Arizona in regards to QB and that team is......Kansas City

Because all the other franchises have drafted QB's early in the draft with the intention of grooming them to be there over a period of time.

Before drafting Mahomes in the first round of the 2017 draft the Chiefs last drafted a first round QB in 1983 Todd Blackledge.

The Chiefs last drafted a second round QB in 1989 and 1992 nether was successful.

The Chiefs last drafted a third round QB in 2006 Brodie Croyle was not successful.

The Chiefs have drafted 10 QB in fourth,fifth,sixth and seventh round since 1983 none was successful.

So lets start looking back at K.C.'s history with QB......

Alex Smith originally played for the 49ers and was traded to the Chiefs in 2013.

Matt Cassel originally played for the Patriots and was traded to the Chiefs in 2009.

Tyler Thigpen originally played for the Vikings and was signed to the Chiefs in 2009.

Damon Huard originally played for the Dolphins and was signed to the Chiefs in 2003.

Trent Green originally played for the Chargers and was signed to the Chiefs in 2001.

Elvis Grbac originally played for the 49ers and was signed to the Chiefs in 1997.

Rich Gannon originally played for the Vikings and was signed to the Chiefs in 1995.

Steve Bono originally played for the Vikings and was signed to the Chiefs in 1994.

Joe Montana originally played for the 49ers and was signed to the Chiefs in 1993.

Dave Krieg originally played for the Seahawks and was signed to the Chiefs in 1992.

Steve DeBerg originally played for the 49ers and was signed to the Chiefs in 1988.

Bill Kenney originally played for the Dolphins and was signed to the Chiefs in 1980.

In 1983 the Chiefs drafted Todd Blackledge in the first round and for the next 35 years did not draft another QB in the first round or draft any QB that was successful. In fact Kansas City has NEVER drafted or developed a successful QB in its history.

It is crazy that the Chiefs have never drafted a QB they molded into a successful franchise QB.

Arizona drafted Josh McCown in 2002 third rd,Jake Plummer in 1997 second rd and in a strange twist they were not successful in AZ but did well in other places.

Kelly Stoufer was drafted in first round in 1987 was not successful

The last QB drafted by the Cards that was a success was Neil Lomax in 1981 second round and trust me i watched Lomax back in the 80's he was damn good at times but was stuck on a bad team......

So both Arizona and Kansas City have never really drafted a successful QB they brought along and played except Lomax distant past before they were in Arizona.

Mahomes would be the first QB in Kansas City to be successful if he plays well.

Will be very interesting to see if Arizona drafts a QB in 2018.

Never knew both KC and AZ throughout their history have never drafted/developed a successful QB they've all been from other places.

I know Arizona would be a lot better if they didn't have all the injuries but i noticed that both Arizona and Tennessee are very similar in the rankings and close in many key categories.....

Total offense Arizona ranks 20th while Tennessee ranks 22nd

Arizona is 2 rankings above Tennessee in offense

Total defense Arizona ranks 13th while Tennessee ranks 11th

Tennessee is 2 rankings above Arizona in defense

Both teams are very close together rankings wise not only on offense but defense too. Noticed both teams are close to being top 10 defenses but as far as offense both are mediocre. Looks like they could have similar strengths and weaknesses.

Both KC and AZ throughout their history have never drafted/developed a successful QB they've all been from other places.

What reinforces this more than anything is free agency 2013 where certain teams went crazy spending money and or trading draft picks and there were two good QB's available. Alex Smith and Carson Palmer.

Andy Reid had just been hired as head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs and he was going to make damn sure he had an established QB that could play.

Smith was traded to Kansas City on March 12, 2013. the 49ers agreed to trade Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs for the Chiefs' second round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft and a conditional pick in the 2014 NFL Draft.

Palmer was officially traded to the Arizona Cardinals on April 2, 2013, for a 2013 NFL Draft sixth round draft pick and for a conditional pick in the 2014 NFL Draft.