Bitcoin

IAG

Really?  You don't have to exit completely.  I set a stop on LTC at $380 on GDAX the other day.  I would have lost nearly 20% in equity on that trade if I had held onto it until now.  Can buy more coins at the reduced price.

i think over the long run i would lose a lot more than i would gain by doing stop losses... logically as i said i can never get my head around it, and if i needed to protect my investment i shouldn't have that much in it to begin with.  would be like live betting against myself every time my team got behind.

scared money don't make money!

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ameritrade would have nothing to gain/lose by being shady... it appears clear from the press releases that the RECORD date is november 6th, not sure how anyone could change that without major lawsuits.

also pretty clear from the press release on dec 11th that the distribution would go out yesterday, weird.

In connection with the foregoing, the Agent will remit the cash proceeds from the liquidation of the Bitcoin Cash tokens, net of the administrative and other expenses incurred by the Agent in connection with the liquidation, to the Record Date Shareholders on [/size]December 12, 2017[/size]. Each Record Date Shareholder will receive [/size]$113.195042[/size] per share.[/size]

Yeah. It’s just that the guy last night was very professional and admitted that it was odd and confusing. The guy tonight just talked in circles so it made them sound shady. All I got from him was Finra? who apparently regulates securities is is engaging with them about this mess. There was no indication that anything would be paid out soon. I don’t know.

just one of the many reasons that a trust shouldn't trade at a huge premium to the underlying assets.

another one i follow that's way overpriced is BPT, they will probably pay out about $6-8 in distributions and then shut down (unless oil prices get crazy high), and it trades for $20 lol

They really shouldn’t have sold the Bcash anyway. They should’ve held onto it. I’m not sure why they decided to sell.

Something just occurred to me. I wonder if some people are questioning the date of record since the fork occurred back in July or whenever it was. Seems like some persons were squawking about that at one time. Maybe that’s the real issue as far as the record date.

They really shouldn’t have sold the Bcash anyway. They should’ve held onto it. I’m not sure why they decided to sell.

Something just occurred to me. I wonder if some people are questioning the date of record since the fork occurred back in July or whenever it was. Seems like some persons were squawking about that at one time. Maybe that’s the real issue as far as the record date.

they will always have to sell stuff and/or issue new shares, because they take 2% a year in fees... so if nothing ever got sold then there is no cash to pay their fees

I’m sure it will. I’ll get there. I had learned how to handle swings, but then it went up so much it started to matter more?..it helped that I sold some the other day, even though has increased since then. George do you have a quick way to liquidate if shit hits the fan? I moved most of my bitcoin to Gemini, because the other exchanges don’t convert to US dollars and go down so often. I had them in a mobile wallet, but if shit hit the fan I wanted to not have to mess with transferring and then trying to sell. I can handle the price swings I just want to know from a tech standpoint that I can log on...also they are insured and keep most of theirs in cold storage. Just wondered what others do.

I have a few debit cards that allow me to change to cash for up to 75k per card. I have several accounts lined up so if needed I could move a ton of money to cash in a very short period of time.