OT: Does anyone here belong to a gym?

KingRevolver

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking about joining one.  I'm looing at Planet Fitness.  Only $10-a-month with no commitment.  Also, they have good reviews, and are known as a judgement-free gym.  I don't have to worry about being looked at awkwardly.

I started back up at planet fitness today.  It is my slow time of year.

My only complaint is that the good looking women constantly stare at me and occasionally go as far as catcalling.

Makes me feel uncomfortable with all the attention they give me. 

That judgement free thing is just marketing bs, they cater to people like you. THey want the casual

person that may or hopefully  may not come in that often, so long as they keep paying.

I think you will like it to get started.

For anyone serious about lifting this gym is the nut low as they dont really want that type in the gym.

Thats who gets judged there with that obnoxious lunk alarm for grunting during a lift.

Join and if you ever get serious about lifting weights then you can find another gym is my recommendation.

That judgement free thing is just marketing bs, they cater to people like you. THey want the casual

person that may or hopefully  may not come in that often, so long as they keep paying.

Yeah, but it's $10-a-month.  No big deal.

The average gym membership costs just under $60 per month, and 67% of memberships go unused

Yeah, but it's $10-a-month.  No big deal.

Yeah thats what im saying, hard to feel like you are losing even if you only go 1 or 2 times an month its okay.

I once went 15 months without going to  gym because it was only 9.99 a month..LOL

Some planet fitness also have an annual or semi annual maintenance fee on top of the $10.

Check for that but otherwise seems like a no brainer if you want to get lose some LBS.