OT: Does anyone here belong to a gym?

KingRevolver

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The average gym membership costs just under $60 per month, and 67% of memberships go unused

67% go unused seems low, I would have guessed 80%

I think Planet Fitness figured out that if you charge $10 a month and force people to show up in person to cancel their membership that most fatties would avoid the shame of showing up and telling the perfect couple at the help desk that they’re quitting....would be worth $120 a year to avoid and you can keep re-starting on Jan 1st

No reason to lift heavy.

I prefer to do more circuit training stuff cause I’m concerned about injury since my old.

Honestly Kinger find something at the gym you enjoy doing and stick with it. I lifted and did cardio for years for the sole reason of not getting fat and hated it but I forced myself.

Finally got back into basketball a few years ago after losing a bunch of weight dieting and exercising for a contest and I’ve stayed at the at or lower weight ever since with minimal effort since playing hoops is fun and it doesn’t feel like an obligation.

Maybe try cycling or swimming or something

Add some weights jfc

You wanna really be a scarecrow?

What’s considered heavy? Tbh, for Kinger there’s no set amount he should be lifting.

He’s trying to stop being a fat slob

Starts mentally, progresses to physically. Will take years, but easily can be done.

As for heavy lifting, unless you’re trying to put in muscle, there’s no real need. It feels good to lift heavy, but higher susceptibility to injury

I used to lift heavy until injuries, now I don’t go 75% of what I used to do. Not that I can or cant, but because of fear of injury.

What’s considered heavy? Tbh, for Kinger there’s no set amount he should be lifting.

Starts mentally, progresses to physically. Will take years, but easily can be done.

As for heavy lifting, unless you’re trying to put in muscle, there’s no real need. It feels good to lift heavy, but higher susceptibility to injury

I used to lift heavy until injuries, now I don’t go 75% of what I used to do. Not that I can or cant, but because of fear of injury.

Heavy is obviously relative.   Starting to lift regularly would be one of the best things Kinger could do.   Any of sort of beginning program, SS, strong lifts, etc. 

Good post.

The only thing I would say is if he committed it won't take years.

• 4 weeks later...