Tampa Bay Downs- Winter 2017/Spring 2018

rdalert447

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday 3/28/18

Took a few days off and the only thing I missed was an Arboritanza at 7-1, so probably saved some money. Betting three today:

Race 1

$20 win#1 Gucciguccigirl 15-1

Vinson has hit at a nice 33% clip here over the last two years with these long layoff types. Returns a healthy $100 for every $2 bet in that scenario. Doesn’t start that many here so it’s a juicy angle.

Race 4

$20 Win #7 Soby Junior 6-1

$2exbx 6-7

$2 DD 7/4,5

Arboritanza has been the only dependable guy of this bunch I’ve been following. Gonna stick with him. Especially those with multiple starts at the meet.

Race 5

$20 Win #4 City Storm 15-1

$2 exbx 4-5

Aldana Gonzalez has some fantastic ROI ($142 per every $2 bet) here the last two meets while only winning at a 10% clip. Means there’s some bombs buried in those stats, and she hasn’t detonated one yet this meet. Strong ROI in turf routes.

Good luck, men!

11-128, -$1322

Friday 3/30/18

Played three today with very little confidence:

Race 3

$20 win #6 Vive Le Roi 8-1

$2 ex 6/ALL

Goes first start for Arboritanza, after the owners moved him from Nick's care over at Gulf. Arboritanza has had a little success in the past for these owners. Stretches the horse out, which looks like what the horse needs according to the blood lines. Might need turf, too, but don't want to miss a "magical turnaround" for Arboritanza.

Race 6

$20 win #3 Whiteheelgirl 9/2

$2 ex 3/ALL

.50c p3 3/ALL/1,2,,7

When I first started this Tampa experiment I was really excited after looking over Gotera's stats here. Guy has been a monumental dud thus far. He's still got some time to make it up to me, but time is getting short. Not much to say about the horse except it fits here and might not get bet.

Race 8

$20 win #7 Nightstorm 15-1

$2 ex box 7/1,2

Horse goes first time for Gotera. Will excuse last outing, as horse appears to be a turfer and it was off a long layoff. Hoping for another "miracle turnaround." Suspiciously huge jock upgrade.

Bet $108, chasing an ugly figure.

11-131, -$1394